User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

In Oregon there are no bonding companies. You have to post your bail directly to the agency itself. Usually you can post what's called an SRA or Security Release Amount. This is usually 10% of the bail. Most warrants are written this way, and only occasionally are people required to post the entire amount of the bail. I will be surprised if the Crim Mischief 1 charge isn't dropped since, as you say, they are going to have a hard time proving intent. And, on that note, I believe you said that he was charged with Crim Mishief 2 as well. With both crimes, they have to prove intent and possibly malice, so you should be good to go there... as long as your lawyer doesn't suck.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Senior Board Member

I have not posted because I have been busy with a carpet shampooer. I had major water to clean up and since I have the rental I am going to do the rest of my home. Fun! Fun! Fun! I am beat!

My husband and his trainer dropped off the load today in Chatsworth California. They will pick up another load in Ontario, California tomorrow. They will be going up to Seattle with this load. My husband is more than likely going to test out Monday. I will post more after I get all of the details and after I take back the carpet shampooer!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Board Regular

Im at a loss here! I periodically check in on this topic, and have kept up with the previous May thread. I cannot imagine one driver going through a rougher training period than this! First, an accident at May, then another, he gets fired at May, and now he has the state of Oregon charging him with a felony for an accident. Wow...!!! Your husband must really be dedicated to this, because I know most people would have said the hell with it by now. After all this is cleared up you shouldn't have much to worry about. I dont think it can get much worse! Good luck to ya'll and maybe everything will turn out for the best.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Thank you! I hope it is all cleared up soon! At least our Bankruptcy hearing is on the 30th and our hearing in Oregon will be the next day. He will not have to ask for extra time off and this is a good thing.

We were stunned that the DA decided to go forward with the charges as anybody with common sense would know that it was an accident and not intentional. It seems that they are either lacking any common sense or they are extremely corrupt down in Oregon.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Senior Board Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Well last night we finished with cleaning up the major mess. On Sunday November 19th my son set his alarm clock for 4:00 am so we could go to the store so he could get his Nintedo WII. He worked this summer and saved for it.

When he got up the carpet downstairs was squishy and the whole laundry room and into my girls room through the walls was soaking wet. We mopped for about an hour before we left and we got to the store about 6:50 am he did get his WII around 7:00 a.m when the store opened. They were sold out around opening time.

And so the clean up began! What a mess it was!

My husband and his trainer are now headed up to the Seattle area. My husband's trainer wanted to spend a few days at home. They got my husband a bus ticket to Coeur d'Alene on Friday. I am thinking about picking him up in Spokane around 4:25 so that we can make the firework show at the Christmas Parade tomorrow night. It is awesome the best fire work show I have ever seen. I think it was very nice of Davis to buy two bus tickets so that he could be home for a day.

Then Sunday he will be going back to Missoula so that he can test out Monday morning. Once he gets his truck he will be headed home again. He will be off until December 3rd. Although it will be nice to see him financially it will be VERY difficult. Once we get through this hopefully our finances will pick up and things will get turned around for us.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Senior Board Member

My husband's training is done :P He is on the bus and he spoke very well of his trainer and his training. He said that this training was very different than the training that he received at May Trucking. He said that his trainer went over the different types of load securement for the loads they did not get. My husband did plenty of backing. Hopefully after we get through this thing in Oregon things will go smoothly for us.

My husband's trainer also spoke very highly of my husband to the office. They told my husband that from what his trainer said they think he will be one of their better drivers.

My step-dad will pick him up in Spokane and bring him to the parade with the fire work show. I will take the kids to the parade.

My husband heard that it is rumored that Davis is thinking about raising their pay scale. He does not know how much or when but that would be nice. He likes Davis so far!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-25-2006, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
My husband heard that it is rumored that Davis is thinking about raising their pay scale. He does not know how much or when but that would be nice.
The recruiters know it's a problem (atleast).
Old 11-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjax

The recruiters know it's a problem (atleast).
Someone does at least! Hopefully they will change the pay then they will have a better chance of retaining drivers in the long run.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Senior Board Member

My husband arrived in time to watch the firework show on Friday night! We were glad that he was able to make it. Yesterday I took him to the bus stop at 7:00 a.m. He saw his driving instructor from Sage at the bus stop. The driving instructor's son was going to Misoulla also to go to work for Davis.

Today my husband will be testing out and he should be coming home sometime this evening or late afternoon with his truck. For anyone up in the Coeur d' Alene area there is snow here now and unfortunately to many aggressive California drivers. :x Be careful!

Friday is our court date. I contacted the attorneys office and they have an attorney that will be in Oregon with us on that date. I will speak with them and get more details tomorrow and at that time I will also find out what other steps they have taken this far.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
For anyone up in the Coeur d' Alene area there is snow here now and unfortunately to many aggressive California drivers. :x Be careful!
Goin Fer It's Wife
There are too many California driver everywhere. They say that about Texas drivers too. :lol: