User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasman2
Oh well sorry I missed him... Just thought since I had to go to Richland today anyways, I would stop over and say hi to him. Nice to put a face to a name.
Maybe another time. I am sure he will be through there again. When he was in Missoula he ran into another driver that lived in Spokane and had gone to the same place in Richland for the same pick up and he also had the same delivery in Pennsylvania.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Senior Board Member

My husband ended up spending an extra day in Missoula he had to have some work done on his truck. He left Missoula yesterday. He drove to Miles City Montana. He stopped because it was getting dark and the roads were icy.

He will not be able to deliver until Tuesday. Everything is closed down on Monday. He should have no problem making his delivery.

We still have no water :sad:

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Any news on the oregon deal ?
Old 12-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey4069
Any news on the oregon deal ?
We had received a letter from his attorney stating he had to be there on the 8th of January but that letter was dated when the attorney had his little fit with me on the phone.

He called and the attorney will have that date rescheduled if he needs to. My husband sent him a fax while he was home stating the same exact things that I had stated in my letter. The maximum he will accept is No contest to the third degree, he needs assurance that there will be no other charges brought against him, and no other court cost other than the fine. We will have to have it expunged ourselves.

The attorney is waiting to hear from the District Attorney. I do not think the DA would want to have the police officer and the two witnesses that helped my husband up on the stand.

If it looks like this thing is going to go to court my husband will ask Interstate Trucker to get him another local attorney because Oscar is a wimp.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Just wanted to encourage you from afar once again to keep on keeping on. Hopefully you will get water soon! That is a big pain. Keep fighting until you find what you need legally, and hopefully it will all clear for you soon!
Old 12-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife
Just wanted to encourage you from afar once again to keep on keeping on. Hopefully you will get water soon! That is a big pain. Keep fighting until you find what you need legally, and hopefully it will all clear for you soon!
Thank you for your encouragement! I hope things look up for you and your husband soon. I know being new and at a company that treats you wrong is not good. I hope he can get on somewhere else. Maybe since he is so new someone will take him.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Board Regular

Me too ! (and as a side note...Thank God, Christmas is over...) Do not "cop a plea" Remember, he has to live with this, good, bad or indifferent. The lawyer's life goes on and he could give a rats a** ! Let it go to trial if necessary. Sure, it's a pain, but when you are right your right. BTW, this thread is now being "lurked" by a lot of my spouse's co-workers...Your husband's legal trouble's are like a bad soap opera. HAPPY NEW YEAR ANYWAY !!!! It's going to get better !!!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:48 AM
Senior Board Member

It is good to be able to post again!

My husband delivered his load today. It was due yesterday but after my last post he ran into some bad weather. In North Dakota he said he began to run into some bad roads and snow he decided he was going to get off and sit it out for the night. He was following a line of cars doing about thirty five to forty miles per an hour then a semi blew right by them. He said it blew snow up and covered his window completely. He could not see a thing. He said he slowed down and he felt himself going in a ditch. He had to have a tow truck tow him out. No damage to the truck or the load and the load did not shift. He was not happy with the driver of the semi to say the least.

The next day he only got to drive 325 miles as he got hit with another snow storm in Minnesota. He had to shut down for the night. He said if he had not got stuck in Missoula waiting on his truck he would have missed the storms.

So he dropped his load in Coatesville, Pennsylvania this morning this trip was 2847 miles. After he dropped his load he drove to Tawanda, Pennsylvania. The load will be ready for him tomorrow. He will take this load to Kent, Washington. This trip per map quest will be 2975. He will be getting a load of lumber.

He will be coming though here. I am very glad that Davis runs the I-90 allot.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-04-2007, 04:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
Me too ! (and as a side note...Thank God, Christmas is over...) Do not "cop a plea" Remember, he has to live with this, good, bad or indifferent. The lawyer's life goes on and he could give a rats a** ! Let it go to trial if necessary. Sure, it's a pain, but when you are right your right. BTW, this thread is now being "lurked" by a lot of my spouse's co-workers...Your husband's legal trouble's are like a bad soap opera. HAPPY NEW YEAR ANYWAY !!!! It's going to get better !!!
I would be afraid to go to trial with the attorneys that we have had. I am honestly shocked that the DA could even get a grand jury to agree to the Criminal Mischief charge in the first degree with only the police report. I just could not see how anyone with any common sense would find that an accident could be intentional. :sad:

The first attorney I spoke with and hired from Road Law talked a great talk when I questioned him about what course of action he would take. He said we would plea not guilty and if we needed to we would have a jury trial. As soon as he was retained the whole thing changed. He was talking about have him maybe plea to a reckless driving.

While it is true that my husband has NEVER had a record of any kind, we know that if the District Attorney will do a plea of Criminal Mischief in the third degree we could have this expunged after three years.

I know that he should not have to plea to anything but without a good attorney that has some testosterone, in the end we could end up worse off.

Also we live two states away and any required appearance is going to cost us.

We still have not heard back from Oscar the Attorney from Oregon. And if the District Attorney will not deal with Oscar (I suspect his testosterone levels are exceedingly low) we will request that Interstate Trucker aka Drivers Legal Plan get new representation for my husband in Oregon.

Like I said the District Attorney would not want the three witness that would be called nor would they want the officer questioned on why they did not get the video tape of the accident. I think that it would be in the best interest of the DA if they jumped at the plea for 3rd Degree. But with Oscar who wanted my husband to plea on 2nd Degree I don't know if he would have it in him to point out the facts to the DA.

I have decided not to speak with the attorneys at this point. I do not like the games that they are playing. And with Oscar I may let him know what I think of him. I told my husband that if they discuss anything that he is to tell them that he will get back with them and not give them a snap decision answer. We will discuss it and I will do the research. Then he can give them OUR answer as we are both in this together.

Happy New Year to you!

And welcome to the Lurkers

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member

This morning around 7:00 a.m. eastern time my husband picked up his load in Tawanda, Pennsylvania. He said there were about 5 other drivers from Davis there picking up loads also.

They all teamed up on tarping with each other and got their tarps on quickly. One of the drivers knew of a short cut to the Interstate so they all joined a caravan down a two lane road to get to the Interstate.

I think it was really cool how they all teamed up and got the job done.

Goin Fer It's Wife