User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2006, 09:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Just remember that this attorney is your employee-Not the other way around and if you don't care for the way he's handling it get another one.
At this point that is a consideration. They charged a flat $3,500 fee for handling the case through pre-trial. But my mom has canceled that credit card. I called and told them I will have to give them a new credit card. If we have to get someone else it will be substantially less than the $3,500 agreed upon.

The people at Driver's Legal Plan gave me a quote today of $1,250 to go to bench trial, they said they would attempt to get it dismissed and if they could not then they would want a bench trial because it would be to much to request a jury trial.

This is what I was initially told at Road Law!
1. He would attempt to get the DA to dismiss before the arraignment hearing
2. He would plead not guilty
3. He would ask for a jury trial because the DA would not want to go to jury trial.
4. If the DA was willing to go to jury trial they would handle all and everything up to the trial. Once it went to trial we would have to pay another $1,500-$2,000 for the actual trial phase of it.

As stated the whole story changed today! I am disgusted with Road Law at this point and will call in the morning when the attorney is in. I think that I should change counsel. I just hope it will not be to late to get someone down in Medford on Friday!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Senior Board Member

:shock: :shock: The plumber is stuck on our driveway :shock: His chain came off :sad: Now what to do :?:

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
:shock: :shock: The plumber is stuck on our driveway :shock: His chain came off :sad: Now what to do :?:

Goin Fer It's Wife
Go offer to help for $75.00 per hour, three hour minimum. :lol:
Old 11-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This is just an arraingment. Guilty or Not Guilty. It will be 5 minutes long and bail will be set. Also he will most likely be taken into custody for booking (since this is a Felony), then released pending bail or release on own recognizance, or whatever the Judge decides.

After that, most likely the case will be scheduled for a pre-trial conference. Between the arraignment and pre-trial conference is when the deal making happens ( only if the Jackson Co. DA wants to deal.)

My brother in law is a asst. d.a. in another county and explained the procedure. HTH
Old 11-29-2006, 04:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madii'swife
Supposed to actually see that mysterious white stuff on Wednesday..would be the first for this winter.

Well, for a single woman living here in Texas, snow is a lot like sex!!!
After all, she never knows how many inches she's going to get, and she never knows for sure how long it will last!!

:wink:

You have my thoughts and prayers as you approach the time for court. Hopefully your lawyer will pull his head out from where it doesn't belong and do what he told you he would do. Wishing you the best...
Ditto on this end!! 8)
Old 11-29-2006, 05:58 AM
Senior Board Member

My husband is still in Missoula :sad: He had to wait for his truck to have routine service. Tonight he stayed in his truck without his sleeping bag and other stuff. Tomorrow he will have got through everything issued in his truck with them and then he will be heading home.

I faxed the attorney a letter today and let him know that I did not want to use his services because he told me one thing before I retained him and something completely different once he was retained.

I hired the people from Drivers Legal Plan. Before I hired them I asked and was assured they would be able to have someone there Friday if I retained them by today. Then after the Credit Card goes through I get a call saying that it is so close that they do not know if someone can be there Friday.

I told the attorney that I asked and was told that they would have someone there. I even sent a letter to confirm this! I do not like the way law firms deal with things and tomorrow I will be calling them first thing in the morning insisting that they follow through as they said they would.

At least with Drivers Legal Plan I have to put up with the garbage at a $1,250 price tag instead of the $3, 500 dollar price from Road Law.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Senior Board Member

So very much fun! Yesterday my neighbor helped the plumber get his chains back on and he backed down the driveway. We have a shared long driveway from the road. It is just us two neighbors up here.

After that we dug around the septic tank and that seemed okay. Then we had to keep taking my mini-van down the road so that we could get equipment and stuff to bring it up to the house.

The plumber put a camera down the line and there was a broken pipe :sad: :sad:

Today his boss came up with him and they brought a locater. The pipe is inside and outside. Right were the person who lived here before put the add-on in. They think when they layed the foundation they may have broken the pipe but that it was not completely trashed until last week when I had it snaked out. So they are talking major stuff here.

Someday maybe I will win the lottery to make up for this continued hardship Something really good has to happen sometime.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-29-2006, 06:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Yoop; terrylamar
Quote:
just remember the Golden Rule................He who has the gold, makes the rules. If he is not working out, fire him.
Thank you I took the advice and got rid of the guy from Road Law! I just hope it goes a bit smoother with Drivers Legal Plan at least it will be less costly.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar

Go offer to help for $75.00 per hour, three hour minimum. :lol:
lol! My neighbor should have told him this! That plumber was nervous about his truck he told me it had only 35 thousand miles on it and he did not want to lose it on the driveway!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-29-2006, 06:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmotors
This is just an arraignment. Guilty or Not Guilty. It will be 5 minutes long and bail will be set. Also he will most likely be taken into custody for booking (since this is a Felony), then released pending bail or release on own recognizance, or whatever the Judge decides.

After that, most likely the case will be scheduled for a pre-trial conference. Between the arraignment and pre-trial conference is when the deal making happens ( only if the Jackson Co. DA wants to deal.)

My brother in law is a asst. d.a. in another county and explained the procedure. HTH
Thank you for the information. I think if he has an attorney present they would not actually take him into custody. The attorney will deal with it. But whether or not we have an attorney there is going to be another question.

If I cannot get one I may have them request a continuance and then request that we do not have to be present. We will still go and I will do some research while I am down there and I will get some pictures and stuff of the parking lot. I may take my video camera and record the area and were their video camera is.

Goin Fer It's Wife