Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Goin Fer It's adventures at Davis Transport! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21355-goin-fer-its-adventures-davis-transport.html)

Goin Fer It 10-14-2006 06:46 PM

Goin Fer It's adventures at Davis Transport!

Well tomorrow my husband will begin his new adventure. He is thankful that he will still be in trucking!

His new adventure will be in pulling a skateboard (flat-bedding). Davis Transport is based out of Missoula Montana and they have approximately 100 trucks.

We have heard that the trucks do not have Qualcom's in them. I will confirm that when he is actually there.

He will be staying at a Days Inn. He had to go buy a hard hat today.

We are just thankful and happy that he has a new job! :D

Goin Fer It's Wife

taldrkhansum 10-15-2006 02:00 PM

Davis only rates a 1 out of possible 5 on the driver's rating scale. I would be careful. It is from drivers that have previously worked there.

west_coaster 10-15-2006 06:19 PM

BOL

Well best of luck to him on his "adventures" with Davis. I used to drive flatbed and we had several guys who had driven for them at our company. Only one of them ever had anything good to say about Davis. Hopefully they've changed a bit in the last year or so. Like someone said on your other thread, driving flatbed is a completely different animal. I loved it, but some hate it with a passion. I know I ended up putting in lots of time that wasn't really compensated (tarping, strapping, etc.). I think our company paid $30 tarp pay, but it's still not worth it when it's blowing rain sideways and you're on top of a slick load. But, if he sticks it out for a year or so he'll be in great shape both physically and job-wise. Good luck and I hope you keep the thread going this time too. Maybe you should tell Davis that you want recruiter pay, cause you seem to have recruited quite a few guys with your May thread! :wink:

West_Coaster

Goin Fer It 10-15-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taldrkhansum
Davis only rates a 1 out of possible 5 on the driver's rating scale. I would be careful. It is from drivers that have previously worked there.

Downside:
We know the pay isn't that great
The trucks are smaller
No Qualcom.

Upside from what we have heard:
Nice people to work with.
Family type atmosphere
Good amount of miles.
They run the I-90 allot.

Best Thing of All about Davis
My husband has a job Truck Driving :P
They have given him a second chance and are willing to work with him.
They will give him allot of one on one training
He will be able to turn his driving career around without any preventables in a year.

As far as the rating I did check on it and it is difficult to say how accurate those ratings are. It does not say how many drivers have done the rating and could have just been one disgruntled employee or it could be 10.

Swift had a very high rating and I have read many horror stories on this board about Swift.

But thank you for pointing this out!

Goin Fer It's Wife

yoopr 10-15-2006 10:27 PM

I'd put No Qualcomm on your Upside List :P

Goin Fer It 10-15-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
I'd put No Qualcomm on your Upside List :P

I would have but I guess my husband likes the Qualcom. Maybe once he gets use to not using it he will like it better without it! :)

Goin Fer It's Wife

Goin Fer It 10-15-2006 10:48 PM

Re: BOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by west_coaster
Well best of luck to him on his "adventures" with Davis. I used to drive flatbed and we had several guys who had driven for them at our company. Only one of them ever had anything good to say about Davis. Hopefully they've changed a bit in the last year or so. Like someone said on your other thread, driving flatbed is a completely different animal. I loved it, but some hate it with a passion. But, if he sticks it out for a year or so he'll be in great shape both physically and job-wise. Good luck and I hope you keep the thread going this time too. Maybe you should tell Davis that you want recruiter pay, cause you seem to have recruited quite a few guys with your May thread! :wink:

West_Coaster

Thank you for your well wishes! Other than the things I mentioned how were the miles and did people get treated fairly there?

I agree it a year he will be able to get turned around and we were grateful for the two offers he got and the willingness of the companies to work with him. He definitely got off to a bad start.

Flat-bedding will keep my husband in shape. He likes to exercise and goes to karate when he is home with my son.

Yes, May Trucking definitely did well from the thread! I know two of the drivers that began with them are no longer there. One is still there as far as I know and I am not certain about the others.

Systems Transport mentioned twice to my husband and seemed concerned that they were not get drivers from Sage but they would have had their own thread here..... only if they knew! :roll:

We are happy with what we have at this point!

Goin Fer It's Wife

Goin Fer It 10-15-2006 10:52 PM

Yoopr
Now that you are a moderator maybe you can give us some input on the company comparisons. How can we tell how many people have rated a company? I am curious how many people did actually rate Davis on there.

Thanks for any input!

Goin Fer It's Wife

Goin Fer It 10-15-2006 11:13 PM

This morning it was amazing! The kids ages 7, 10 and 15 were up around 6:00 a.m. to see their dad off! More amazing no one except me has taken a nap!

As I went outside I heard a strange sound one that we have not heard up here for most of the summer! RAIN!!! Well needed rain!

Just as we were almost to the bus station we saw his bus pulling in a few minutes early.

So we saw him off at the bus terminal! He only had about a three hour and forty minute bus ride. No problems with the ride this time and it was far shorter than the previous two he has taken.

He is staying at the Days Inn in Missoula Montana. It is just a standard room. No kitchenette like one he had in Oregon with May. But I had heard that the Arizona room for May was just a standard room also.

He is looking forward to beginning his new adventure. He will be in the office tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m.

I will report more tomorrow night!

Goin Fer It's Wife

AmEagleDrvr 10-16-2006 03:29 AM

I have followed your previous threads on this... you are quite a supportive family. We are pulling for him to make it...tell him I said to hang in and think things through and I think he'll be OK. Good luck.