User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

:sad: :sad: :sad: This week was not so good on miles for my husband! He had to wait almost 24 hours to get a load in Connecticut then he ended up getting a load that he had to put up the side kits on. He said he almost got his side kit up then came a downfall of rain and a thunderstorm so he had to get the water off his tarps.

This load he will be delivering near Atlanta Georgia and the trip was only 985 miles. :sad: This week miles will be under 2000. We are hoping it was just an off week. My husband said setting up, taking down and loading he will spend as much time doing this as he did driving on this trip.

So hopefully Monday will be a different story and next week he will get the great trips that Davis has been known for in the past!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
:sad: :sad: :sad: This week was not so good on miles for my husband! He had to wait almost 24 hours to get a load in Connecticut then he ended up getting a load that he had to put up the side kits on. He said he almost got his side kit up then came a downfall of rain and a thunderstorm so he had to get the water off his tarps.

This load he will be delivering near Atlanta Georgia and the trip was only 985 miles. :sad: This week miles will be under 2000. We are hoping it was just an off week. My husband said setting up, taking down and loading he will spend as much time doing this as he did driving on this trip.

So hopefully Monday will be a different story and next week he will get the great trips that Davis has been known for in the past!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Sorry to hear about the rain and layover. I know from reading here you two can take the good with bad.

Does he try and set any goals with dispatcher/manager? For instance, miles per month or days at home? Looking from week to week can get disappointing.

Where did he pickup in Connecticut? I have family in Bethel and I am curious. I understood he delivered in Wallingford which is 50 miles away. With Davis he has been back to Connecticut a few times hasn't he?

Take care.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske

Sorry to hear about the rain and layover. I know from reading here you two can take the good with bad.

Does he try and set any goals with dispatcher/manager? For instance, miles per month or days at home? Looking from week to week can get disappointing.

Where did he pickup in Connecticut? I have family in Bethel and I am curious. I understood he delivered in Wallingford which is 50 miles away. With Davis he has been back to Connecticut a few times hasn't he?

Take care.
Thank you! Yes there is good and bad with everything usually in life. As long as the good out weighs the bad life is good!

It was just an off week as he got another great trip this week. And yes he has been back to Connecticut a few times. He actually picked up near Atlanta GA this morning, he had his truck at a shop yesterday.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Senior Board Member

:cry: :cry: My husband's AC went out on him. He was near Atlanta GA and the humidity was horrible. Yesterday Davis had my husband take it to a shop but they did not have the part that was needed.

This morning he picked up a load in Knoxville, Tenn. and he is at a Kennworth Dealership right now!

This load will be going close to Wenatchee, Washington! This trip will be approximately 2700 miles. He will be coming through this way! If he is through here around Saturday we may use the comp tickets that my son has received from his work and go to the waterpark. It is baking up here as it is in much of the West.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: arty: arty: devildice, dewercs2 You guys are wonderful!!!

My husband got the news today that he will be receiving a 2007 Condo when he is through Missoula!!! :P Thank you so very much for using him for a reference! I know he will be grinning from ear to ear from Missoula all the way home!

My daughter will be so jazzed as she is planning on going out with him. And now our son will be able to go out with him sometime, maybe after he is done working his summer job! I am going to get a picture when he comes home and post it!

Davis is really a caring company! They did not have to do this but it was their way of saying thank you! And Devildice you kept saying in your pm that you hoped they gave him something for the referral. This is really what he would have loved and again THANK YOU BOTH!!!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-10-2007, 06:51 PM

GFIW -
Very Cool, I am sure he will really enjoy the new truck. 8)
Glad Davis is taking care of you guys.
devildice, dewercs2 - Way to go guys, hopefully the good will be returned.
Good luck as you begin your career with Davis
Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
devildice, dewercs2[/size] You guys are wonderful!!!

My husband got the news today that he will be receiving a 2007 Condo when he is through Missoula!!! :P Thank you so very much for using him for a reference! I know he will be grinning from ear to ear from Missoula all the way home!

My daughter will be so jazzed as she is planning on going out with him. And now our son will be able to go out with him sometime, maybe after he is done working his summer job! I am going to get a picture when he comes home and post it!

Davis is really a caring company! They did not have to do this but it was their way of saying thank you! And Devildice you kept saying in your pm that you hoped they gave him something for the referral. This is really what he would have loved and again THANK YOU BOTH!!!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Well pat told me about it yesterday but I did not want to spoil the suprise. So CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that makes a full dozen cookies someone owes me now :wink:
Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Well pat told me about it yesterday but I did not want to spoil the suprise. So CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!

HMMMM! Did you by any chance put a bug in her ear about this? And heck I think a dozen and a half may be more appropriate . We will definitely have to coordinate this!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerpreacher
GFIW -
Very Cool, I am sure he will really enjoy the new truck. 8)
Glad Davis is taking care of you guys.
devildice, dewercs2 - Way to go guys, hopefully the good will be returned.
Good luck as you begin your career with Davis
Thank you Truckpreacher!
Yes and devildice and dewercs2 Welcome to the Davis Family!!
I really hope you guys are as happy with Davis as we are!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice

HMMMM! Did you by any chance put a bug in her ear about this? And heck I think a dozen and a half may be more appropriate . We will definitely have to coordinate this!

Goin Fer It's Wife
I did mention to her a while back that I would not have signed on with Davis if it were not for you and your posts here as well as talking to GFI. I said that I hope they take care of him like a new truck or something since he wouldn't be getting any monetary reward. But I highly doubt it was anything that I said that made them decide to give him one. Pat just told me Monday that since he has been doing so good here, that they decided to give him one.....so he EARNED it!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Well this evening my husband is in Rapid City, North Dakota. My husband is planning on being in Missoula tomorrow evening. He is very excited about his new truck as I am also.

When my husband pulled in the truck stop at Rapid City he noticed another Davis Transport truck there. It was a Condo!!

This evening at the truck stop he was put on a list to take his shower as the showers were full. When they called his name low and behold a person came up to him and asked if he was .....first and last name.... he said yes.

He met up with Devildice and today ended up being Devildices first day out :P I find it ironic that I was bummed out that they were going to miss each other in Missoula tomorrow and they end up meeting today! Fate sometimes can be a strange thing!

Anyway I am certain sometime down the road they will meet up again and when Devildice is no longer in training they will have time to sit down and eat together or something!

Goin Fer It's Wife