http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 04-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
You should be able to find those chain hangers at Truckpro or other truck parts store. Some truck dealers carry them.
I checked TruckNTow and IOWA80 but they only had the ones you bolt on the side of your truck. I want those U hangers. I'll probably just bring my trailer to the little garage near me and have them make me some. I was thinking if I just buy some U bolts and have them cut off 1/2 on one side then the other side could just be bolted to the frame. I have a feeling those U bolts are really expensive though and would be better off using something else.

I found out something strange yesterday that I've suspected for a while. My engine has some blow by and every so often it's not too bad but it is noticeable. This only happens when my oil level is down like 2 quarts. I fill it up and it goes away almost completely!!

Once again yesterday I did the leap frog thing here at Little America. I pulled into a spot when the lot was full and spent the day making my way up front every time a better spot opened up. I think I now have the best spot in the place. I'm pulled into a spot on the end tractor in first under the only tree in the place and a nice lawn out my door. I'm going to miss this place when I get a load and all those roasted chickens.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Once again yesterday I did the leap frog thing here at Little America. I pulled into a spot when the lot was full and spent the day making my way up front every time a better spot opened up. I think I now have the best spot in the place. I'm pulled into a spot on the end tractor in first under the only tree in the place and a nice lawn out my door. I'm going to miss this place when I get a load and all those roasted chickens.
Congrats Steve - you're starting to sound like a genuine dweller. :lol:
Old 04-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Congrats Steve - you're starting to sound like a genuine dweller. :lol:
Ha, ya, no kidding. Just had bacon, eggs, toast and home fries. Gonna go over and see how much those U bolts are and have them cut to make some chain hangers. I have good places on the frame of my trailer to drill holes then bolt them on.

I just saw some guys truck and there were no air lines or electrical connections on the back of his cat walk. Very very clean setup. He ran all the lines under then out the back. He also had all his trailer connections under the trailer too.

Well, off to the conference room here. They are having a guest speaker on the topic "Laundry, is it really necessary"
Old 04-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

A friend of mine has a 379 Pete and step deck. He had his lines run from the rear of his tractor and underneath his trailer. I believe he did it so that it wouldn't be so easy for someone to steal his trailer. Unless you had a similar setup, you would never be able to hook up to his step deck.

Are you still using 123loadboard? I was curious whether you have expanded the number of load boards you are using.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Are you still using 123loadboard? I was curious whether you have expanded the number of load boards you are using.
No, I stopped using 123. My check was late 3 days because I was out on the road and they turned off my account. I called them and they said no grace period so I was pissed.

I'm using TheInternetTruckstop and GetLoaded. I'm not sure which one is better as I have rarely called about a load. My phone always seems to ring about 11 or 12. I think the only drawback to that approach is that they are desperate and I usually don't have much time to get to the load point.

I just got back from the shop and they cut 6 long U bolts for me. Now I can drill some holes and mount my chains. Cost me $120.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey steve, something to try out that might help with the vibration.

When driving while the vibration is happening, hit your air dump for about 5 seconds.

Then, go a little slower about the speed the vibration goes away. Hit the air dump again for 5 seconds.

Tell me what happens.

Don't dump it for too long! You'll blow the u-joints in no time.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Thanks but those aren't the ones I was looking for. I want the hooks that bolt onto the trailer. I've seen some that have like 4 hooks welded to a bar then the bar attached too the trailer. I ended up buying those U bolts and will install them as soon as I can get a bigger drill bit.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
Hey steve, something to try out that might help with the vibration.

When driving while the vibration is happening, hit your air dump for about 5 seconds.

Then, go a little slower about the speed the vibration goes away. Hit the air dump again for 5 seconds.

Tell me what happens.

Don't dump it for too long! You'll blow the u-joints in no time.
I thought about doing that but wasn't sure what would happen and if it's ok. I have a feeling my mud flaps will drag a lot if I do it though.
Closed Thread