User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default From desk to own authority part 2

I guess they locked my topic so I'll start another one, why I'm not sure unless they are censoring me telling my story. Doesn't make much sense.

My truck has 250,000 since an in frame overhaul.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Locked

Steve,

I don't think it was locked because of you telling your story, but probably because some of the favored oxen were getting gored in the latter posts.

Petty, petty, petty !

You just keep on keeping on ! "If you can do it, it ain't braggin !"

NFRay
Old 01-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Senior Board Member

glad to see part 2!! I was getting worried there.....We are waiting to get loaded at a steel mill in PA so reading the posts really passes time....and I love reading steves stories!! 8)

tootie
Old 01-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: From desk to own authority part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I guess they locked my topic so I'll start another one, why I'm not sure unless they are censoring me telling my story. Doesn't make much sense.

My truck has 250,000 since an in frame overhaul.

Steve,

I just P/M'd the Mod's....

They claim you exceeded the limit on the site's------>"fun-O-meter".
Seem's that the meter goes to 10 and you had it banging the needle on 12!!!!

If you do it again, you may get spanked....

But, as an ex girlfriend say's.....it doesent have to be your birthday for a good spanking!!!! HEHE, she was a fun one!! Sigh.....

Be good, Jim[/b]

Never argue with idiot's....first they drag you down to their level.... then they beat you with experience!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I just wanted to comment on your oil usage question on your other thread. You should not be using 2 quarts of oil per week. I use no more than 1 quart between oil changes. I think you are blowing oil somewhere. Now be good children. :P
Old 01-09-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I just wanted to comment on your oil usage question on your other thread. You should not be using 2 quarts of oil per week. I use no more than 1 quart between oil changes. I think you are blowing oil somewhere. Now be good children. :P
Yup, I have pretty good blowby coming out when the engine heats up. I'm assuming that's where it goes.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Board Regular

Steve, you oughta go over to blogger.com and start your own blog over there. A few of the members on here have there on trucking blogs there and have quite a following. Its free and the ones who want to view it can. The rest of the grumpy sob's can stay here and find someone else to take down. I find it quite amusing they are blaming you for all the outlandish behavior. Guess they will have to shut down the newbie forum next cause too many ppl are asking questions up there! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-09-2007, 07:33 PM

Well, I screwed up today and caused myself about a 180 mile deadhead. The pipes I was delivering where for 2 stops. The load board listed the furthest one and that stuck in my mind. Little did I know that the other stop was about 10 miles from where I slept last night...DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on the road pretty early this morning heading for Surprise Arizona. Now I know why they call it Surprise. You would think with a name like that it would be Andy and Opie sitting on the porch. It was more like the Las Vegas strip. I punched in my destination to my handy GPS and it proceeded to almost lead me down a no truck street. I caught the sign at the last second and kept on going. I had to drive about 10 miles before I could find a lot big enough for me to pull in. I looked at all the directions the GPS was going to give me and it was a million streets. When the place opened up and I called the street was the next one down from the no truck street and the place was right there on the right. From now on I'm calling for directions. This is the second time this has happened.

What a ride going Rt 17 to Surprise. Hill after hill and one 6% grade after another coming down. I was pretty deaf from the Jake. I just can't believe that some truckers are screaming down the hills 20 feet from the car in front of them. I still remember what Rocky what's his name said that I should have my feet on the floor the whole way and that's been my motto since I started. It doesn't always work and sometimes I have to stab every once in a while.

I use Splenda for my coffee and ran out so I broke out my backup 5 pound bag of sugar. Now it's all over the black floor of my truck. The Dustbuster picked up most but not all. I'm assuming the crystal structure of the sugar is like a magnet to rugs. My truck is filthy on the outside, the windows are dirty, I have monkey butt and I think I have PMS.

The wind was blowing pretty good coming back over 17 a little while ago. I really don't know how to gage how much wind is too much. The speed limit was 75 and I caught up to a van real quick and he was doing 55 so I figured maybe that was a clue so I stayed with him. Does going slower lessen your chances of being blown off the road. Do I have to worry about that pulling a flatbed?

I pulled out of the parking lot after delivering my load and saw this blue haired 3 foot 110 year old woman coming down a side street to the stop sign and my 6th sense kicked in. She didn't even stop and went right across the road into the next. I stopped pretty quick and she went in front of me with 6" to spare. I would have hit the air horn but figured that would have killed her. Probably Aunt Bee on her way to Andy's house.

I have one more delivery but I'm out of hours and tired. I'm about 50 miles from the customer site and sitting at American something truck stop in Flagstaff. Just had a crapola catfish lunch, stale bread, mush for vegetables and watered down mashed potatoes.

Saw 3 Elk on the side of the road. Thought they were taking a nap then realized they were dead. They must have been together when crossing the highway.

Time to update my truck on the load boards for tomorrow and see if I can get closer to home.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Does going slower lessen your chances of being blown off the road. Do I have to worry about that pulling a flatbed?
They did a study and determined that at 100 mph a car only has something like 4 lbs of pressure on the roadway,like 1 lb for each wheel,so yes speed does have some effect on stability from wind.

I don't think anyone including myself can give a definitive answer on when too much wind is too much it is a feel thing,whenever I can't stay in my own lane I get off.I have only stopped once and that was during a tornado warning in Arkansas

Old 01-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Senior Board Member