User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Had to pick up a check from the customer yesterday for $141,000. Too bad it's not mine!!!
When I was moving cars.. One of the other drivers had to go down to Cattrell to pick up the 9 car stinger the co. had ordered. Sent the guy down with a check for $200k+ And the paperwork even got screwed up to the point where the driver "legally" owned the truck, if only for 30 minutes :lol:

Old 05-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The load I took was to an Indian Reservation for the Arapahoe Tribe. I was one of 3 loads. The other 2 trucks left last week on Tues and Wed. I left on Thursday and was the first one there!!!! I was suppose to be the last and collect the check.

What a depressed area. You could buy the whole town for what that building was worth. Junk cars and trash everywhere. I built better forts then there houses when I was a little kid. Why the Hell would these people stick around. You could do 10 times better working at Burger King in a different place outside this reservation. It was like a slum in the middle of the desert.

I'm sitting here in Casper Wyoming and should get a load today to some place. Don't care where, I'm out for a while unless there is a load going back home and I would take that.

I was so tired yesterday I couldn't eat supper and was in bed before 6pm and died. It's gonna be a steak and eggs breakfast this morning for sure!

When I was in the IOWA80 truckstop I had lunch there. When I went to pay I gave them my Road King card. They said they don't take them, they are a private restaurant. I said, "That explains why the food doesn't suck". They said that was the best compliment they ever received.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
The other post was was locked because enough was enough. People seem to have issues with understanding that the name-calling and sniping has gone way beyond old. At the point I shut it down, there were SEVERAL current posters creating alternate 1-post wonder accounts to continue the cyber-slapfest.

As a reminder, this happened a couple years ago and those that played the game, no longer are part of CAD. It is a violation of T.O.S., is easily traceable, and very unoriginal. :roll: If I had the time or the inclination to go back through almost 30 pages of posts looking for more IP matches and such, I'd end up banning a few regulars, I would wager.

So, be content to start it over here. If it gets out of hand again, it'll get shut down and IP checks will be run to see who will be kicked out of the sandbox.

So, get along! :P
Sounds like Mad dog and bush whatever that chicks name was, getting busted using a alias to stir the pot.
I have to admit I got a chuckle out of you busting there asses.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:29 PM

Where did that come from? Did you just have a flashback? :lol:
Old 05-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Where did that come from? Did you just have a flashback? :lol:
1. It came from the quote that I quoted.

2. yes :lol:
Old 05-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Senior Board Member

make a left out of the flying J, go to the second light and make a right, go up to the pizza shack on the right and try all 50 beers they have on tap, the shiloh inn is clean and fairly cheap.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Hmmm...You talking the Shilo Inn in Casper??

Used to be a very comfy motel..back in the early 80's. If memory serves me correctly, the was a Kettle across the way, and a Steak House, west up the street.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member

yes its decent, still is last time i`ve been there, when I worked for a drilling company I stayed there when I went to town, figured if steve went to the pizza shack I reccomended he wouldn`t wanna chance sleeping in his truck after tying one on.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
What a depressed area. You could buy the whole town for what that building was worth. Junk cars and trash everywhere. I built better forts then there houses when I was a little kid. Why the Hell would these people stick around. You could do 10 times better working at Burger King in a different place outside this reservation. It was like a slum in the middle of the desert.
I've asked myself that question a lot in the 6 months I've been out here. I did a tour of the mines in Cripple Creek, Co and I heard the guide, an actual miner, say that when he got out of 'nam that this was the only job in town. Then at the SuperWalmart in Nebraska I got to talking with the cashier who told me that she drives roundtrip 115 miles everyday to get to work. I keep thinking someone needs to tell these people there is something called Uhaul and they need to move.

Today when I blew a tire in (what's the name of that town from the Andy Griffith show) anyway in a little hick town in North Florida near Alabama, the kid who was changing the tire was 20 years old. So young and so much potential and sitting in Hickville changing tires.

But in the end I guess it's not where you live but how you live. Out of everywhere I've been (45 of 48 states) I disliked Nebraska and Wyoming the most. Yet I got to thinking that one of the richest men in the World, Warren Buffet, lives in Nebraska.

I don't know, I'm from New England too, just never imagined that a lot of people live in ways that were quite frankly imaginable to me.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Senior Board Member

my closest neighbor is 7 miles away and your saying thats a bad thing?
Closed Thread