User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I just talked to Paula from Werner today. She said " two day orientation, 26.5 cpm" NO THAT WAS NOT A MISTAKE she said if you have over 1 year otr you make 26.5 cpm. Plus you do one week with a trainer to learn how to do the paperless log! Then you get to go home to get your things. Now why dont they teach the paperless log in orientation? And why only 26.5 cpm? Now how inviting is that?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Just to "chime" in on the "paper logs" aspect of Werner, and to clarify. You only have to do a paper logs during your training, and its done in conjunction with the paperless.
All qualified drivers carry a paperlog in the truck. Its only to be used in the event the qualcom on the truck should fail. Then the paperlog is used till you can be routed to a terminal to have the qualcomm fixed.
Ive been with Werner 6yrs, and 4 trucks, qualcom failed 1 time on my 3rd truck. Had to go with paperlogs for 4 days. It was not an easy transition, couldnt wait for the qualcom to be repaired.
I have my opinions of paperlogs, and there effective usefulness in todays trucks. Paperless logs work very well when the company using them is all geared to there use. Makes dispatch much easier and efficient. IMO.

Why wasn't it an easy transition ...can't do basic math ? shake like Michael J Fox and can't draw straight lines ? Can't figure out how to flag things ? ...But then again you did say that the OFFICE-MAX account required "above" average "trip planning" ability , And from experience know that account is Pie simple ...wink
Old 03-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Even most drivers working for Werner running paperless are...NOT...100% legal ...Because every minute you work needs to be logged ...But at werner most drivers log 15 minutes for every required ln 4 logging situation regardless of how long it took ,and guess what this is still fudging the books :wink: Most Werner drivers will shut down at shipper/receiver over night and either pick up or deliver and send their unloaded or loaded message which automatically starts their logs ...100% legal would logging ln 4 the minute you step out of the truck to talk to the shipping/receiving dpartment ir moved your truck to back the dock .
Old 03-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Even most drivers working for Werner running paperless are...NOT...100% legal ...Because every minute you work needs to be logged ...But at werner most drivers log 15 minutes for every required ln 4 logging situation regardless of how long it took ,and guess what this is still fudging the books :wink: Most Werner drivers will shut down at shipper/receiver over night and either pick up or deliver and send their unloaded or loaded message which automatically starts their logs ...100% legal would logging ln 4 the minute you step out of the truck to talk to the shipping/receiving dpartment ir moved your truck to back the dock .
A Paperlog is Grided to 15min incruments not 1minute incruments, as is the Werner Paperless Log....but Im not telling you anything you dont know.
Werner went through the "test" period for many years with the FMCSA and DOT. The Paperless logs are no longer in the test period and are approved for use in there present form by the FMCSA/DOT. They are not perfect and a good driver understanding the logging system can maximize the use of the Paperless Logs. You cannot "fudge" if its approved by the FMCSA and DOT.

How does any of your comments regarding "breaks"at the shipper/receiver differ from using a paper log??

Quote:
Why wasn't it an easy transition ...can't do basic math ? shake like Michael J Fox and can't draw straight lines ? Can't figure out how to flag things ? ...But then again you did say that the OFFICE-MAX account required "above" average "trip planning" ability , And from experience know that account is Pie simple ...wink
Im not even going to bother with this statment, you do a good enough job making yourself look like an azz!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
A Paperlog is Grided to 15min incruments not 1minute incruments, as is the Werner Paperless Log....but Im not telling you anything you dont know.
Werner went through the "test" period for many years with the FMCSA and DOT. The Paperless logs are no longer in the test period and are approved for use in there present form by the FMCSA/DOT. They are not perfect and a good driver understanding the logging system can maximize the use of the Paperless Logs. You cannot "fudge" if its approved by the FMCSA and DOT.

How does any of your comments regarding "breaks"at the shipper/receiver differ from using a paper log??

Quote:
Im not even going to bother with this statment, you do a good enough job making yourself look like an azz!!!

IMy point is /was Werner drivers still do not run 100% legal ...Because they can still not log it 100% as they do it . For example you sit at the office max DC waiting to get loaded ,abnd during this time you check on the status of that load 3 times ...you just ciommited a ln 4 act 3x which most likely would if logged 100% as you did it would have you short on your 14hr by the time load was complete ...now you're at the same dc ,and load is now complete you go get your paper work and hook your load ,and after all that you send your loaded message ,and claim 15 minutes...in both these these situations the minute you started to perform a company fuinction you needed to send a macro 8 and go to line 4 ...not doing so is fufging your logs skippy .

If you spend the night at the Office-Max docks and in the morning at 0600 you walk to the receiving door and hand off your paper work and have them break the seal and proceed to back up and get unloaded ...if you did not put yourself to line 4 the minute you got out of the truck to perform company functions you are not logging it like is and fudging your logs ... :wink:

If at the same dock and you shut down for 8.5 hours and at 0600 do the same as above , and wait until unloaded and had a full 10hr break to claim any line 4 activity as to get a full 10hr break...you are fudging your logs ...

I could go on with BIG BLUE examples of paperless fudging , But there is no need , And my origional post was made because you state to be logging 100% legal at Werner...When it's obvious you don't even know what that is to start with. :wink: . Now i'm not bashing you for making your logs work for you ,but just simply pointing out no driver to my knowledge logs 100% legal 100% of the time :shock:

Drew I got a queastion for you... if I'm in the city of dallas TX and I make 1st stop at 1000 and at 1030 I drive 5 miles to 2nd stop and arrive at 1100 and depart at 1130 drive 5 miles and arrive to final at 1200 then depart at 1230 and shut down at the pilot in Dallas at 1245 and all this happened in city limits of dallas...what are my options of logging this as far as ln 4 and ln 3 time and still be DOT legal :?:
Old 03-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
IMy point is /was Werner drivers still do not run 100% legal ...Because they can still not log it 100% as they do it .
How does all your "fine" examples differ from any paperlog company? Line4 is probably the most abused line of all the lines. My point is, and as you well know, the paperless logs are utilized the same as a paperlog, and requires the "honesty" of the driver to input the appropiate duty status changes as they occur.

Quote:
I could go on with BIG BLUE examples of paperless fudging , But there is no need , And my origional post was made because you state to be logging 100% legal at Werner...When it's obvious you don't even know what that is to start with. excuse me!! . Now i'm not bashing you for making your logs work for you ,but just simply pointing out no driver to my knowledge logs 100% legal 100% of the time
I did not state that Werner logs 100% legal, I stated "Run 100% legal,"

Quote:
Drew I got a queastion for you...
AHHH...Are you "testing" me??? :? :? I dont think Im going to bother.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
IMy point is /was Werner drivers still do not run 100% legal ...Because they can still not log it 100% as they do it .
How does all your "fine" examples differ from any paperlog company? Line4 is probably the most abused line of all the lines. My point is, and as you well know, the paperless logs are utilized the same as a paperlog, and requires the "honesty" of the driver to input the appropiate duty status changes as they occur.

Quote:
I could go on with BIG BLUE examples of paperless fudging , But there is no need , And my origional post was made because you state to be logging 100% legal at Werner...When it's obvious you don't even know what that is to start with. excuse me!! . Now i'm not bashing you for making your logs work for you ,but just simply pointing out no driver to my knowledge logs 100% legal 100% of the time
I did not state that Werner logs 100% legal, I stated "Run 100% legal,"

Quote:
Drew I got a queastion for you...
AHHH...Are you "testing" me??? :? :? I dont think Im going to bother.

That's what I thought ... :wink:
Old 03-29-2008, 07:38 AM

I got a tour of the local Werner terminal today.. pretty much the 50 cent tour. the Dollar tour is probably for when you actually come in to orientation.

two personal observations that annoy the heck out of me:
Company policy is 'no guns on the rig". I've not researched it in depth, yet, but for the moment, that's a killer. If that's the norm for companies, well.. I'll have to re-think

In the driver's lounge, they had some nice comfy couches, showers, etc. Big-screen TV mounted up high where everybody could see it. All cool, right? BUZZ! They were watching a flippin' SOAP OPERA. A room full of hard-core (well, that was the original assumption) trucker-types.. watching something like One Life to Live or whatever. Oh, come ON! Put a DVD on or something.

As for the paperless logs. I don't have a personal opinion... let me correct that. I don't have an opinion based on my own experience. But I have to wonder. IF they are so darn wonderful, why is Werner the only company on the continent to use them? They've been approved for use for years, now, and nobody else is picking up on them. Makes me wonder, it does.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Company policy is 'no guns on the rig".
I think you will find most companies will have this policy. As well as alot of customers you will be visiting as a Driver.

Quote:
They were watching a flippin' SOAP OPERA
Surely, this isnt going to be a very big make or break decision as to which company you choose???

Quote:
IF they are so darn wonderful, why is Werner the only company on the continent to use them?
This is the Million Dollar question, The original press release when FMCSA/DOT wanted a company as a test bed for the Qualcomm Paperless Logs stated that Werner was the only company to "Volunteer".

Speculation says, that Werner used to be one of the biggest "Outlaw" companies on the road and the fines for this were unsurmountable and DOT cut a deal with Werner to be the test bed for the paperless logs or pay the fines.
Werner had to changed their entire operating system to accomadate the Paperless Logs, and after all the years running the business using them found it actually works. It appears, from my view point, that the company has achieved a success using them.
Why other companies dont use them?....Dont know, especially companies that utilized qualcom and blackboxes. Also, paperlogs keep a greater level of the responsiblity on the driver to run the load legal...or not.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:14 AM

There are lots of companies that use electronic logs. My company uses one, we're not OTR but travel far enough to require logs.