User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

NOOO you REALLY don't want dle to look for the handbook! :lol: Go somewhere else please! At least give yourself a shot at starting a nice driving career and you might actually enjoy it if you don't go to a company which doesn't have a good name in the industry to begin with.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Rookie

Thought id chime in on the werner screws post we got going here since im currently working for werner. About the log issue, while your training its mandatory to do a paper log in addition to the computer logs so that you know how to do paper logs.

btw, if I know what driving for werner would be like, I would rather haul trash trucks, dump trucks, anything.

for hometime, its 1 day home per 1 week out, but if ur out more then 3-4 weeks dont expect it to stack. So if your out 6 weeks and want 6 days off ur fleet manager will tear u a new one.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaddon

btw, if I know what driving for werner would be like, I would rather haul trash trucks, dump trucks, anything.

my post was not ment as a screw werner post and i am glad they atleast make you fill a paper log out. while 6 weeks training time to me is not suffecent enough time to completely learn how to fill a log out properly at least they are showing some authority in this matter by making new drivers at least get the hang of doing a paper log book.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Rookie

that is why in ask questions on CAD because you get the answer you are lookin for and not some run around. Thanks guys, i was asking the question more out of curiousity because i see the truck sitting down the road from home and i was wondering what the deal was. thanks again PS i am a skateboard puller at heart!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Senior Board Member

BTW, i'm no longer with the blue screw.

The last time i saw that book, it was being used to prop up furniture.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Just to "chime" in on the "paper logs" aspect of Werner, and to clarify. You only have to do a paper logs during your training, and its done in conjunction with the paperless.
All qualified drivers carry a paperlog in the truck. Its only to be used in the event the qualcom on the truck should fail. Then the paperlog is used till you can be routed to a terminal to have the qualcomm fixed.
Ive been with Werner 6yrs, and 4 trucks, qualcom failed 1 time on my 3rd truck. Had to go with paperlogs for 4 days. It was not an easy transition, couldnt wait for the qualcom to be repaired.
I have my opinions of paperlogs, and there effective usefulness in todays trucks. Paperless logs work very well when the company using them is all geared to there use. Makes dispatch much easier and efficient. IMO.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Just to "chime" in on the "paper logs" aspect of Werner, and to clarify. You only have to do a paper logs during your training, and its done in conjunction with the paperless.
All qualified drivers carry a paperlog in the truck. Its only to be used in the event the qualcom on the truck should fail. Then the paperlog is used till you can be routed to a terminal to have the qualcomm fixed.
Ive been with Werner 6yrs, and 4 trucks, qualcom failed 1 time on my 3rd truck. Had to go with paperlogs for 4 days. It was not an easy transition, couldnt wait for the qualcom to be repaired.
I have my opinions of paperlogs, and there effective usefulness in todays trucks. Paperless logs work very well when the company using them is all geared to there use. Makes dispatch much easier and efficient. IMO.
well i guess we will have to agree to disagree.. i honestly dont see why running electronic logs has to be the norm.

maybe i just like it old school cause i would prefur to use paper logs.

i have never used a paperless system but to be it seems liek with paperless you would have a hard time figureding your time away from home.

i guess i just like the securtiy of a peice of paper incase an audit from the IRS were to come. very little chance of it but i would rather be prepaired.

altho i can see where they have a purpose i just dont see it a purpose with the "rookie" drivers.

i honestly dont see this becomming the normal thing but i could be wrong i just think that a person should to taught to do a log book properly and be made to do so at least on a monthly basis to make sure he/she satys current and understands the process needed for filling a log out properly.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dle
BTW, i'm no longer with the blue screw.

The last time i saw that book, it was being used to prop up furniture.
:lol: Yeah so why would you make a piece of furniture in your house unstable again dle? Sounds like you found a perfect spot for it!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
i guess i just like the securtiy of a peice of paper incase an audit from the IRS were to come. very little chance of it but i would rather be prepaired.
That is why every month they send you a copy of all your logs in the mail so that you can have them for your records. I loved the paperless logs. I only had a problem a few times but, a Macro to the logs dept fixed that!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman932003
Quote:
That is why every month they send you a copy of all your logs in the mail so that you can have them for your records. I loved the paperless logs. I only had a problem a few times but, a Macro to the logs dept fixed that!
Fireman, you know as well as I do, that drivers do not want to switch to an electronic logging system because.....ahhh...shall we say, "when adjustments have to be made". :wink: :wink:
My opinion, though, Electronic logs would put everybody on a level playing field, and it would put shippers and recievers into a tail spin, forcing minimum dock delays, holding to appt times etc. Electronic logs are no big deal, just requires time management, and it may just get them dang advocacy groups off our back.