User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No guns on the rig??? That has something to do with the Federal laws. No guns on a rig...period...no get out of jail passes if found either.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:37 AM

There is no Federal prohibition of firearms on commercial vehicles. This is a long running rumor that has no merit.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:15 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Good grief, Charlie Brown!!! It's an insult to anyone's integrity to pull for those wages. Drivers who hire-on to a low-ball carrier such as this are doing themselves and the industry at large a huge disservice.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folsom Flash
There is no Federal prohibition of firearms on commercial vehicles. This is a long running rumor that has no merit.
right on, common myth. if you have a license to carry firearms you can carry in any type of vehicle in any jurisdiction that honors your license.

catch-22 though, good luck finding a company without a firearms policy.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Rookie
Default Werner

Ok, just talked with a recruiter and was handed the paperwork and it states 35 cpm to start for a new driver. Now I have my cdl, just no exp. He seemed very up front, and from everything about how they handle tolls, to how they have the program to bypass the scales, it seems like a good company. Would be doing dedicated or regional, and I cant see many bad things. I did read the post from the 21 year old, but have to believe there is another side to the story. If you are getting your loads delivered on time, and being safe and legal, and not trashing your company or getting into arguments with the shippers, how are they going to keep you at 500 miles a week?

Just my thoughts.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Werner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAC2007
Ok, just talked with a recruiter and was handed the paperwork and it states 35 cpm to start for a new driver. Now I have my cdl, just no exp. He seemed very up front, and from everything about how they handle tolls, to how they have the program to bypass the scales, it seems like a good company. Would be doing dedicated or regional, and I cant see many bad things. I did read the post from the 21 year old, but have to believe there is another side to the story. If you are getting your loads delivered on time, and being safe and legal, and not trashing your company or getting into arguments with the shippers, how are they going to keep you at 500 miles a week?

Just my thoughts.

500 miles for anything more than a fluke ...no...But 1800-2200 yes it's what one can expect at Werner ,as well as .26 CPM starting pay for 48/canada ...less if regional....Your case of .35 CPM has to be dedicated ,as it's the only way to be at that pay scale at Werner , and the good dedicated accounts are handed out to those living in the hiring area for them ,and usually comming off a trainers truck who was on the account ...I don't know why they favor students from trainers on the accounts ,because the freight is no different to haul than any other freight infact I always found the...DESIREABLE...dedicated accounts to be CAKE...So it's obvious that werner has over 10k trucks and they do not have over 10k desireable dedicated positions ...not to mention you may not fit the critera to even be considered for the account to start with , so this leaves you at normal Werner wages of .26 cPM at maybe 2200 miles a week running 300-500 mile runs ...unless you want one of the UN-Desireasble dedicated positions...Dollar General ...Family Dollar which always seem availble regardless of where you live...Gee I wonder why that is ?

You must have lucked out and fell into one of the few poasitions at Werner that won't have you collecting food stamps .
Old 05-14-2008, 12:07 AM

The 35 cents per mile is their little ploy, it says you average that. The actual mileage pay is 26 cents but with the potential bonuses you can get up to 35 cents. Please read everything very carefully and ask pointed questions of the recruiter and don't allow them to gloss over the particulars.

I've seen so many drivers get sucked into a bad deal by a recruiter or a well worded ad.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folsom Flash
The 35 cents per mile is their little ploy, it says you average that. The actual mileage pay is 26 cents but with the potential bonuses you can get up to 35 cents. Please read everything very carefully and ask pointed questions of the recruiter and don't allow them to gloss over the particulars.

I've seen so many drivers get sucked into a bad deal by a recruiter or a well worded ad.

I had a student on the truck when at Werner that asked what I was making ,and when I told him .28 CPM he remarked about me being a rookie training him with less than 6 months driving ...He thought this because he was told he would be at .37 CPM by the end of his first year by his recruiter ...Needless to say he was rather upset with Fernando his recruiter ,and also couldn't beleive that not only was I at .30CPM with 2yrs in there ,but that a trainer takes a .02 CPM deduction to train.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
that a trainer takes a .02 CPM deduction to train.
Jeep......Please tell me that I either read that wrong or you meant something else. :shock:

Old 05-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
that a trainer takes a .02 CPM deduction to train.
Jeep......Please tell me that I either read that wrong or you meant something else. :shock:

If you read it to mean that when a driver making .30Cpm becomes a trainer he/she takes a .02CPM deduction droping their pay down to .28CPM ...you read it dead on...Of course the pay cut is never mentioned in the course and not listed on the papers ,so find out about when you get your first check ...I only had 1 student ...But some Werner drivers are still more than happy to take this deduction ,because of all the "EXTRA" miles that they get ... :roll: