User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

.02cpm deduction from the trainers milage pay is true, at least for the OTR drivers. (48state). Trainers on my "cushy" account keep their full rate, no deduction.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
.02cpm deduction from the trainers milage pay is true, at least for the OTR drivers. (48state). Trainers on my "cushy" account keep their full rate, no deduction.

What gets about those accounts is you have drivers making good money on these accounts ,and if not the money is pretty poor ,And the accounts really aren't given out on ability and senoirty ,but rather just luck ,so you could have 2 drivers get out of training and one could be lucky to be making good money on one of these accounts ,and the other possibly collecting stamps ...But yet Werner expects both drivers to express the same level of dedication to the job/company .

This was my biggest issue at Werner I knew about the good accounts ,and was told I was not eligeable to for them due to my "zip code" When I started I was 11 western ... .15CPM DH /21 ld trips 500 and up ...with many trips from L.A. -SLC or ogden I was at the .21 CPM loaded most of the time and with DH of .15 CPM I was grossing about n .18-.19 CPM getting from 1800-2500 miles a week at less than a .20 CPM average ...And still drove as far east as Georgia and north as canada on the 11 western ...I switched to 48 rather than just throwing up my hands and quiting , but all this did was get me to .28/.28 CPM and running 300 mile runs on the East Coast like a regional driver ,And i lost a good dispatcher that was out of Fontana in the switch ,and got an A$$ hole , and slowly my performance/ attitude went down hill , as did my spotless performance /on time delivery record ...I took a leave in 2006 and decided to give Werner one more try , So I returned with the attitude I was going to make Werner work , And for the first couple months MY DM out of Denver seemed tolerable ,and the trips/miles were decent even got my milage bonus ,But things started to change quickly trip/miles wise , but instead of quiting I decided to try training (very stupid) mainly because the freight sucked and so did the CPM as a trainer making the pay checks not much more than running a flexible paper log at a small company ... I also seemed to haul alot of Office max and Sears /K-MART And Wal-mart freight , but yet couldn't get on those accounts , And when I was talking with drivers fresh into Werner off their trainers truck making good monney ,and higher pay rate than a driver Who was seasoned and driven all lower 48/Canada it just had me to the point where I should have quit instead of hashing things out , As it was obvious that I was never going to make a decent living at Werner , But because I had put in over 2yrs there in this cycle I just couldn't seem to quit , and move on and just kept on with degradation in performance due to a poor attitude ...But like I said if you get into the good accounts Werner offers some of the best pay /equipment ...If not run fast ,and run far .
Old 05-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
that a trainer takes a .02 CPM deduction to train.
Jeep......Please tell me that I either read that wrong or you meant something else. :shock:

If you read it to mean that when a driver making .30Cpm becomes a trainer he/she takes a .02CPM deduction droping their pay down to .28CPM ...you read it dead on...Of course the pay cut is never mentioned in the course and not listed on the papers ,so find out about when you get your first check ...I only had 1 student ...But some Werner drivers are still more than happy to take this deduction ,because of all the "EXTRA" miles that they get ... :roll:
Wow Jeep. One thing after another, huh? Unbelievable. I thought for sure that you had worded that wrong. What a shame.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Board Regular
Default MESSAGE BOARDS AREN'T WORKING

If we are still getting questions about working for Werner, Swift, JB Hunt, CR England, etc., then one must question the "reach" of these message boards. Either that, or people aren't doing any research until AFTER they have take the High Dive into the EMPTY cement pond.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: MESSAGE BOARDS AREN'T WORKING

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
If we are still getting questions about working for Werner, Swift, JB Hunt, CR England, etc., then one must question the "reach" of these message boards. Either that, or people aren't doing any research until AFTER they have take the High Dive into the EMPTY cement pond.
Information on companies comes from "first hand" and current experience from drivers regarding companies. Drivers that are possible employed with them now.
Various drivers experiences with companies, good and bad, can help derive conclusion about the companies. The "search" feature is available for posters to review prior posts about a company (if they discover the search feature). But its also a good idea for thoughts and ideas to be brought current, by posing questions to the current posters, as thoughts and ideas and questions change.
And,....some posters like to "bump" a tired thread back to the top after it has nearly dropped off the Radar.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Rookie
Default Just left Werner...

Well first of all the .02 pay cut is 100% true! I was a trainer for them, and ran their "TX" division, which is all JIT loads. Werner will find ANY way possible to keep the money owed to their drivers.

The last straw for me was in the sum of 1500.00 dollars! I had to go on medical leave, turned my truck in at a terminal, all supplies and fuel card etc. When it was time for my last paycheck to hit the bank nothing came. When I called payroll to find out what the deal was I was informed that I would receive the money once I returned to active status. I ended up being out for 3 months before I returned. Well once I returned to active status, picked up a student and went back to work the excuses started. Well after 2 months of being back and a different excuse every Thursday they finally told me they were not going to pay back the money at all! Their final reason was that I was out to long so the money could not be claimed.

I finally gave up on it once I got home and the truck got red tagged and the shop kept the truck for 7 days and I was told I wasn't going to get any layover pay because I wasn't under a load. So I cleaned the truck out and wrote it all off as another chapter in the big blue screw history.

I hired on with Hill Brothers after getting nothing but outstanding recommendations from their drivers and from what I read.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Senior Board Member

wnirenberg wrote:
Quote:
The last straw for me was in the sum of 1500.00 dollars! I had to go on medical leave, turned my truck in at a terminal, all supplies and fuel card etc. When it was time for my last paycheck to hit the bank nothing came. When I called payroll to find out what the deal was I was informed that I would receive the money once I returned to active status. I ended up being out for 3 months before I returned. Well once I returned to active status, picked up a student and went back to work the excuses started. Well after 2 months of being back and a different excuse every Thursday they finally told me they were not going to pay back the money at all! Their final reason was that I was out to long so the money could not be claimed.
You talked to payroll initially....but when you returned to active status who are you refering to when you say "they" and "Their" and what were the "excuses". Something sounds a foal.
I could be wrong cause I dont know the details of the story, but if you are owed $1500 in payroll, there must have been a good reason for withholding it. During your 3months of Medical leave, did you keep Werner appraised of your status and your projection back to work?
Old 05-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Rookie

Yes, I truly did, countless times wit reports from my doctor, and the dreaded clearance process to go back. It was not only me, there was another trainer that got shafted for 1200. Werner states under Nebraska law that if you go on a leave of absence, you have 30 days to return or they consider you as "Voluntarily quit" . They then terminate your benefits and offer you Cobra to continue them.

I can truly understand the doubt, but I can provide you will the documentation to back it up. If you quit they will pay you your last wages minus their list of expresses they deduct, but if you leave on and absence, including medical leave they hold it as an incentive to get you to return(as long as it's in 30 days.

I know you get a lot of b.s. posts saying this that and the other, but I was not just a quick turn around there, I was with them since 1998(my employee number was a five digits), and I can provide the documentation to prove it.

If they will do that to a ten year employee, then who wouldn't they do it to.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 AM
Rookie

And I assure you I left with no debt to them, Truck was turned into a terminal, all supplies to parts, etc. I never heard of getting your health benefits canceled while on medical leave. I even had to wait the 30 days before they kicked back in once I returned.

Check your drivers handbook, it's printed that after 30 days they consider you as voluntarily quit unless you provide them documentation otherwise. I have certified letters from my doctor and myself saying I was not quitting and they termed me anyway, so I had to go thru the orientation class when I cam back. then wait the 30 days to get the benefits back.

The bottom line is they will find anyway to cut the drivers loose so they don't have to pay. Think about how shitty it is to cut the benefits of someone who is on medical leave from a doctor!

It's no surprise they have cut out almost 2000 trucks from their fleet.

Like I said there is always a lot of accusations, but I assure you I have every bit of documentation to back it up.

It was promised to me that after delivering my first load I would receive all back owed money, instead I got one excuse after another till they ran out. I assure you there was no damage, no company property withheld and I have my paperwork showing all of it, nor were ther no outstanding advances owed them.

They state that they are within their right under Nebraska law. My attorney said I can fight it, but it would have to be done in small claims in Nebraska. Like I said I am not the only one that got hosed here.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:49 AM
Senior Board Member

I have no reason to doubt your experience with your payroll with Werner. Was just curious as to who at Werner (outside of the Payroll Dept) you had contacted concerning your owned payroll.
Quote:
It's no surprise they have cut out almost 2000 trucks from their fleet.
I had read just recently, in one of the Trucking rags. the cut was about 850 trucks.
I also think they are keeping the Company trucks on the road longer before going to Fleet Sales. (Just my speculation).