User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Werner Questions

So i have questions about werner, and the website isn't very helpful. Hometime, pay, training, and i was curious if anyone from Werner lives here in Allendale? I see the trucked parked there, but any help would be nice
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM

The website isn't helpful and neither are they. Run very FAST and look elsewhere.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:44 PM

They came into school today for their presentation. Well I should have worn wadders. Since I havent put their application in circular file yet I still have the midwests rep. phone number pm me if you want it. It goes in the garbage in the morning.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Werner in he Indusrty is called THE BIG BLUE SCREW. They got that name for screwing their drivers anyway and everyway possible sans lube while using sandpaper as a condom.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:59 PM

Here read this current topic on the newbies forum - it should answer all you need to know

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=32630
Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Rookie

i am still not sure why one would want to run for a company that uses electronic logs. seems to me that you could only be hindering you self by not knowing how to use a paper log much like USX with there auto trannys.

maybe some one could chime in here and answer this for me but why would 1 want to limit them self to things of this nature?
Old 02-27-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGTLLC
i am still not sure why one would want to run for a company that uses electronic logs. seems to me that you could only be hindering you self by not knowing how to use a paper log much like USX with there auto trannys.

maybe some one could chime in here and answer this for me but why would 1 want to limit them self to things of this nature?
:?: What do log books have in common with automatic trucks? I drive one, I was also thinking the same you're probably thinking about automatics right now, but once I got used to it I really don't know why I complained so much about it upfront. It's actually a lot less tiring to drive and less stress on your body. Now I wouldn't want to go back.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Rookie

that have nothng in common with log books what i ment to say was why would one drive an auto matcic truck out of school with out having the proper training driving a manual first. seems to me like one could hinder them selfes in the future that all.

i guess i just poasetd it to fast and didnt break it up.

and yes i have drivin an auto beofre and there ok but i like to shift for my self not let the truck do it for me but i do see where an auto serves a good purpose i am just not understanding why a company would do that to new drivers.

i think we should have them in standard shift trannys so they can atleast get the chance to learn to properly shift a truck before giving them autos.

once they can completely get the understanding of the manual trannys they will be able ot take that on to there future jobs instead of possably having ot learn to shift a manual tranny on the spot so to speek.

sorry for the confusion just wanted to clear this up.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGTLLC
that have nothng in common with log books what i ment to say was why would one drive an auto matcic truck out of school with out having the proper training driving a manual first. seems to me like one could hinder them selfes in the future that all.

i guess i just poasetd it to fast and didnt break it up.

and yes i have drivin an auto beofre and there ok but i like to shift for my self not let the truck do it for me but i do see where an auto serves a good purpose i am just not understanding why a company would do that to new drivers.

i think we should have them in standard shift trannys so they can atleast get the chance to learn to properly shift a truck before giving them autos.

once they can completely get the understanding of the manual trannys they will be able ot take that on to there future jobs instead of possably having ot learn to shift a manual tranny on the spot so to speek.

sorry for the confusion just wanted to clear this up.
Well with that I agree. If you cannot completely drive a truck the proper way it'll be hard if they ever want to move from an 'automatic' company to a regular one. I'd say they'd fail the road test then anyways as they wouldn't know how to drive stick shift.

I drove stick shift and have been driving automatic for a year and a half now and even I would have to get used to stick shift again if that ever happened, but at least I'd know how.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Pay, Hometime is determined by what fleet you are in and which board you are on within that fleet.

Training is about 275 hours long, quality :roll: :roll: let's just say a goodly number of the entries in my bad trainer list (on my web site) came from my wife's and others experiences with werner trainers. If you really want me to, I can look to see If I still have my handbook.