User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice

Although the dispatcher has not found me a load yet, I am enjoying the spring like weather down here in Texas :wink: Temp is suppose to get up to 73 today
Enjoy your warm weather while you can as I read that you will be heading up into cold territory.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Senior Board Member

My husband is in Rawlins Wyoming this evening. He is going to get up very early around 5 and leave. He is hoping to beat the snow storm out of there. They are expecting possibly up to a foot of snow there.

He will make his drop in Minneapolis on Saturday. It will be nice and toasty warm as they expect the high to be 9 degrees and low to be 2 degrees and on Sunday a whopping high of 12 and a low of minus one.

He is hauling some type of material that will be used on the bridge.

We would be very surprised if he got out on Saturday. I hope this next load brings him through this way so he can go up to the Canadian border.

It is hard to believe how fast time is flying. I will be glad when we have a definite yes we are for sure going here.

:shock: :shock: I will be working for a job which the temp agency got me for about two or three weeks starting Monday. I got the call tonight it has been a long time since I have actually worked in an office so it should be interesting. As far as timing it could not be better for some extra money since my husband will not be working for a couple of weeks.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Senior Board Member

:?: :?: :?: Does anyone have any idea what a $26.50 charge from a tow company would be for? Dead battery, fix a tire???

Sounds like too little for a tow!

Any ideas????

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Senior Board Member

ops: ops: I guess it was a truck stop not a tow company. I saw a charge on our bank account today and it looked like truck stow so I was puzzled to say the least.

My husband debited the money for tarp glue.

My husband said he had to run 500 miles today to make his drop! He made his drop but he said everything was froze up he said he had to climb up in order to get the bungees off as they were frozen to the tarp :shock:

I believe this week may be his last week as someone has put in a request for his truck and will be in the yard next Friday or Saturday.

Yesterday I faxed all the remaining paper work into Systems Transport in Spokane. My husband asked the recruiter what the next step was and the recruiter told my husband for him to pick a start date.

While we do not whether he is eligible to go into Canada or not he will still be able to get on with Systems Transport heavy haul division as they can work around Canada.

My husband's friend said he hates going into Canada because there are no truck stops and sometimes it is a pain to get back in the U.S.

My husband will contact the recruiter early this week and find out if he can be off for Christmas in the event he starts early.

So as the time draws closer we shall see what is in store for us! Prayerfully something good!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Board Regular

Regarding Canada - you can magically be "rehabilitated" by paying the Canadian Government a few hundred dollars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
ops: ops: I guess it was a truck stop not a tow company. I saw a charge on our bank account today and it looked like truck stow so I was puzzled to say the least.

My husband debited the money for tarp glue.

My husband said he had to run 500 miles today to make his drop! He made his drop but he said everything was froze up he said he had to climb up in order to get the bungees off as they were frozen to the tarp :shock:

I believe this week may be his last week as someone has put in a request for his truck and will be in the yard next Friday or Saturday.

Yesterday I faxed all the remaining paper work into Systems Transport in Spokane. My husband asked the recruiter what the next step was and the recruiter told my husband for him to pick a start date.

While we do not whether he is eligible to go into Canada or not he will still be able to get on with Systems Transport heavy haul division as they can work around Canada.

My husband's friend said he hates going into Canada because there are no truck stops and sometimes it is a pain to get back in the U.S.

My husband will contact the recruiter early this week and find out if he can be off for Christmas in the event he starts early.

So as the time draws closer we shall see what is in store for us! Prayerfully something good!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Board Regular

Quote:

We will have to find out if Davis Transport has his long form for his DOT physical as I can not find it anywhere.

Goin Fer It's Wife
You could also call where he had his physical for a copy. That is what I did when I was hiring on with Davis.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Regarding Canada - you can magically be "rehabilitated" by paying the Canadian Government a few hundred dollars.
I have heard this also! What I am hearing now that it is more or less going to be up to the person working that day at immigration in customs.

So the only way we will know for certain is to wait and see!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske
Quote:

We will have to find out if Davis Transport has his long form for his DOT physical as I can not find it anywhere.

Goin Fer It's Wife
You could also call where he had his physical for a copy. That is what I did when I was hiring on with Davis.
Davis had a copy of it and everything we needed They faxed them over to us at the house and I already faxed them over to Systems Transport last week.

I hope all goes well with you and the company you go with. I will be watching on DD thread to see who you are going to go with!

BOL

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Senior Board Member

:P Well I have made it through the third day of work! I am working for the County government office. They have NO IDEA that this is my first assignment and I did not bother to tell them.

I will more than likely be there for three weeks instead of two they have allot of stuff that needs to be done. They have said that I really catch on to things quickly! So that is a good thing :P

Yesterday my husband was told he could work until the 21st today again it was mentioned that he will more than likely get pulled in :roll: I thought as much yesterday that we will take one day at a time.

Friday he will deliver a load in Casper Wyoming which he picked up in Chicago. He did have to wait to roll the other day because of ice very thick everywhere. I do not know if they will have him dead head in or give him a load. I only know that I can pick him up on the weekend and not during the week.

DD I want to post on your thread I lurked and saw your experience it sounds like back east was a piece of cake compared to what you went through.

I will try and post on your thread later or tomorrow. I have to do home work and cook dinner for the kids now!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-13-2007, 02:33 AM
Rookie
Default LEASE with Davis

Hey can you give me any info on the lease Davis is offering. Such weekly paymentsand any thing else that would be helpful. Why did you shy away from it.