User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbojah
Figures, he finally comes to my state and he doesn't even get to make it to the coast
Welcome to the thread! Which state are you located in?

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-04-2007, 10:06 PM

GFIW - Hey it just shows what a good guy you are to have sympathy baby fat

Well, I don't know about the rest of the husbands but with all of our pregnancies I was the one with the morning sickness, ops: not my wife :wink:
Can you imagine being on the truck and having morning sickness, I am so glad those days are over.

I really enjoy following your husband and DD on their adventures. DD was actually just a few miles from me the other day when he p/u in Madill, OK. Very Cool.
Take Care & Drive Safe

Someone needs to explain to me how you get the highlighted quote box, have tried and tried and just can't get it figured out.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
Figures, he finally comes to my state and he doesn't even get to make it to the coast

Goin Fer It's Wife
Taxachusetts, but it's probably best that he doesn't come to the coast as the tourists control everything within 20 miles of saltwater
Old 08-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Goin Fer It's Wife
Taxachusetts, but it's probably best that he doesn't come to the coast as the tourists control everything within 20 miles of saltwater[/quote]

My husband just unloaded there this morning he had to hightail it out in order to get his second load to Milton Vermont.

Living in Coeur d' Alene I know exactly what you mean about tourist central. The especially bad part of this is that we have the Ironman contest here and since then it has been growing and growing. Every winter more and more slide offs. I just hope that as hot as it has been this summer that we have a good winter and it will slow down the growth.
I hate to see it get all smoggie and nasty up here.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerpreacher

Well, I don't know about the rest of the husbands but with all of our pregnancies I was the one with the morning sickness, ops: not my wife :wink:
Can you imagine being on the truck and having morning sickness, I am so glad those days are over.

I really enjoy following your husband and DD on their adventures. DD was actually just a few miles from me the other day when he p/u in Madill, OK. Very Cool.
Take Care & Drive Safe

Someone needs to explain to me how you get the highlighted quote box, have tried and tried and just can't get it figured out.
I am glad that someone is still reading the thread!

As far as getting the blue box up I am certain you are doing quote before you attempt to quote. I believe you need to go into your profile and settings and where it says always allow html check no. Along time ago I had the same problem and it drove me nuts!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Senior Board Member

My husband took care of both of his drops today. He is going to request a new mattress from Davis as the mattress he has my daughter said she could feel all of the springs in her back and my husband said it is not comfortable.

Okay so Devildice now you and I did it to my husband :shock: :x All that talk on your thread about side kits and coils!

Yes this load is going to be a side kit and coils load! :shock: He said at least it will not be a short trip like the last one though.

After dropping in Milton, Vermont he is now traveling to Oswego, NY to pick up a load of coils on a pallet. This load will drop in Windsor, Colorado. Tonight he said he will stop in Albany NY and get up and drive the rest of the way in the morning to pick up the load.

This trip will be approximately 1920 miles and he is planning on a Friday drop. We have no idea how fast or slow Colorado is to get out of. I guess we will find out.

Although this is a side kit and coil load he got a good trip without having to wait. So the upside Davis is keeping him moving.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
After dropping in Milton, Vermont he is now traveling to Oswego, NY to pick up a load of coils on a pallet. This load will drop in Windsor, Colorado. Tonight he said he will stop in Albany NY and get up and drive the rest of the way in the morning to pick up the load.
I used to pick up those coils in Oswego when I was a kid riding with my dad. I believe it was an Alcoa plant up there right near the nuclear power plant on route 1 . I remember my dad bitching the whole time he was putting the side kit together for that load. GFI will be going right near my house near Rochester as he heads west. 8) 8)
Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Okay so Devildice now you and I did it to my husband :shock: :x All that talk on your thread about side kits and coils!
Opps.... :shock:

Guess from now on there will be NO mention of those "S" kits!!! I had to do not one, but 2 today as well as a few other things. I'll explain later on my thread, I am just too damn tired right now to update it.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 AM

Hi GFIW, I was thinking of you and GFI today, I had a multiple drop load in (gasp!) Medford OR...needless to say I drove slow, watched my corners and shuddered a huge sigh of relief once I got out of that town, I saw a lot of police and I swear they were watching my every move. :roll:
Old 08-09-2007, 05:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
I used to pick up those coils in Oswego when I was a kid riding with my dad. I believe it was an Alcoa plant up there right near the nuclear power plant on route 1 . I remember my dad bitching the whole time he was putting the side kit together for that load. GFI will be going right near my house near Rochester as he heads west. 8) 8)
I am certain my husband did not have fun putting up the side kit. He said it took him two and half hours and of course it starting raining and he got wet :roll: Last time he had to put a side kit he had a down pour.

Maybe we can use it as a weather detector!

Did your dad ever go up to Mansenna NY or something close to that spelling.
That place is REALLY BAD to get a load from as you can plan on waiting 8 hours before even getting loaded or so I have heard.

Welcome to the thread!

Goin Fer It's Wife