User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottsATruckin
Hi GFIW, I was thinking of you and GFI today, I had a multiple drop load in (gasp!) Medford OR...needless to say I drove slow, watched my corners and shuddered a huge sigh of relief once I got out of that town, I saw a lot of police and I swear they were watching my every move. :roll:
Hey Rott it is good to hear from you! I read on another thread that you like W&S and I am glad it all worked out alright for you!

I hope you stayed away from the BLM in Medford! I think they see truck drivers as $$$$$$ down there. What a strange place!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-09-2007, 05:23 AM
Senior Board Member

:P I got to sleep in today!!! No kids going to work! No kids coming over! It was awesome! Maybe I will get to try it again next Wednesday since that is going to be my son's day off at work.

After driving approximately 150 miles, yesterday my husband put his side kit up and of course it had to rain. It did not take to long to get his load. Maybe two hours.

So after he was loaded he ended up staying Sryacus, NY as he said he was wet and got extra dirty.

Today he ended in North Bend, Indiana and he does not think he will be able to drop on Friday as he will not have enough hours to drive the miles he would need to drive to accomplish that. So he will be dropping this load on Monday.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-09-2007, 05:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice

Opps.... :shock:

Guess from now on there will be NO mention of those "S" kits!!! I had to do not one, but 2 today as well as a few other things. I'll explain later on my thread, I am just too damn tired right now to update it.
That sounds like a good idea no more saying the "S" word :P Opps I already said it in my other post this evening

ops:

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
I am certain my husband did not have fun putting up the side kit. He said it took him two and half hours and of course it starting raining and he got wet :roll: Last time he had to put a side kit he had a down pour.
He called me today to congratulate me and during our conversation we were talking about that very thing....I had to put up and take down 2 in the same day the other day :roll: That was enough to last me a while
Old 08-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Well my daughter had her birthday party today at the Water park were my son works! It was sooo coool when I spoke to my son this afternoon he said the manager had wanted to know if I already paid for it because she could get me a discount off of the party package! She did and I never dreamed it would be 50% off the party!

She had great fun but until 4:00 I was basically watching, organizing getting the kids together for lunch and cake and then and only after I took the stuff out to the minivan did I go down one slide and I hit it wrong on the last turn and ended up with a cramp and a charlie horse in my leg ops: :sad:

Last time we went no problems! Oh well it will be done before the week is up hopefully be better when I wake up tomorrow.

My husband had a rough weekend .......NOT! His cousin picked him up at the truck stop yesterday in the Denver area. Then they went out on his cousins boat, he had dinner with his cousin and his wife and spent the night at their house!

This morning they went to church had a nice brunch down by the boat docks and then went out on the boat. Sounds like a tough weekend

Even though he missed our daughters birthday party I told him it would be better for them to go to the water park next weekend with the kids (Our son's comp tickets). As if he was there today he would have been non-existent as most adults are at kids birthday parties when they have their friends there. So next weekend he will be able to spend time with them vs. seeing the whiz by and getting a headache attempting to find them and round them all up.

He will drop this load tomorrow! And we will see what and where the next journey will take him. I believe it will be up this way!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well my daughter had her birthday party today at the Water park were my son works! It was sooo coool when I spoke to my son this afternoon he said the manager had wanted to know if I already paid for it because she could get me a discount off of the party package! She did and I never dreamed it would be 50% off the party!

She had great fun but until 4:00 I was basically watching, organizing getting the kids together for lunch and cake and then and only after I took the stuff out to the minivan did I go down one slide and I hit it wrong on the last turn and ended up with a cramp and a charlie horse in my leg ops: :sad:

Last time we went no problems! Oh well it will be done before the week is up hopefully be better when I wake up tomorrow.

My husband had a rough weekend .......NOT! His cousin picked him up at the truck stop yesterday in the Denver area. Then they went out on his cousins boat, he had dinner with his cousin and his wife and spent the night at their house!

This morning they went to church had a nice brunch down by the boat docks and then went out on the boat. Sounds like a tough weekend

Even though he missed our daughters birthday party I told him it would be better for them to go to the water park next weekend with the kids (Our son's comp tickets). As if he was there today he would have been non-existent as most adults are at kids birthday parties when they have their friends there. So next weekend he will be able to spend time with them vs. seeing the whiz by and getting a headache attempting to find them and round them all up.

He will drop this load tomorrow! And we will see what and where the next journey will take him. I believe it will be up this way!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Glad to hear that the party was a success!! Sorry that dad wasn't there but it sounds like he didn't have too bad of a time himself. Also sorry to hear about your "charlie-horse" :sad:
Old 08-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Senior Board Member

My husband did his drop Monday morning in Colorado. It was not until Tuesday morning that he was assigned his new load. It was a short load to Wyoming.

I have to find all the details now as I did not post as it happened ops: ops: Anyhow he picked up another load and will be headed into Washington tomorrow and in Washington he will pick up a short load then be heading home tomorrow night and will be off until Tuesday morning.

:P My son passed two belt levels in Karate this evening and he will now be working for his brown belt. He passed two level green belts.

He was also at a leadership class last night which very few people were invited to at his Karate.

:sad: Unfortunately he is not yet ready to drive on his own so I am still taxi driver!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
My husband did his drop Monday morning in Colorado. It was not until Tuesday morning that he was assigned his new load. It was a short load to Wyoming.

I have to find all the details now as I did not post as it happened ops: ops: Anyhow he picked up another load and will be headed into Washington tomorrow and in Washington he will pick up a short load then be heading home tomorrow night and will be off until Tuesday morning.

:P My son passed two belt levels in Karate this evening and he will now be working for his brown belt. He passed two level green belts.

He was also at a leadership class last night which very few people were invited to at his Karate.

:sad: Unfortunately he is not yet ready to drive on his own so I am still taxi driver!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Cograts to your son for passing not one, but two belt levels.....that's awesome!! :rock:
Old 08-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice

Cograts to your son for passing not one, but two belt levels.....that's awesome!! :rock:
Thank you I will show him your post! His Sensie said that it is VERY RARE that someone passes two belt levels in one night!

My husband is off until Wednesday but he will more than likely go back out Tuesday!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 08-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Senior Board Member

My husband got off to a slow start this week. When he called in he was told that the shop had called and they wanted him to take his truck into the dealer to have something serviced. So Wednesday he did that. He also put in an order for a new mattress as his is not comfortable, my daughter said she could feel the springs.

Thursday he retook test as I guess all the drivers are doing again I believe written and driving. When he was done with his driving test Guy said his driving portion was immaculate :shock: Matt his DM and everyone who heard it is the office was shocked because he rarely gives out that kind of compliment.

Friday he picked up in Butte and he is on his way to South Bend Indiana.

This morning I thought I might be going to Stranton Pa to get a car for my son. My mother is going to get him one it will be a 2000 or 2001 Honda CRV.

Out west it seems as if though most of the cars for those years have at least 80,000 miles or even 100,000 miles. This one I was told was mine then two hours later waiting for the salesman to get me the paper work faxed he calls and tells me it was actually sold two days ago and they did not update the computer :sad:

So I will be looking online as I have been CARS CARS CARS! They are beginning to look alike. I want to find him a good one and I will retrieve it. I am hoping to get it before the girls start school!

Tomorrow I have some fresh baked cookies to deliver! As DD said on his thread he is coming through this way! My husband thought it was very funny that they passed each other going in opposite directions.

Goin Fer It's Wife