User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

URRR! Two dead car batteries this morning :x I was going to jump my mini-van with my husbands car but no such luck his car is dead also. So my kids are going to be very very late to school :sad:

At least we are going to have an attorney at the Friday hearing! Or I should say at least I got a phone number now I need to confirm with him.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-29-2006, 05:44 PM

New to this thread. Geeez Lady, ever think about wearing a hardhat? Next thing ya know, the sky will be falling.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles. Can't believe that you still have a pretty good attitude.

BOL
Old 11-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
URRR! Two dead car batteries this morning :x I was going to jump my mini-van with my husbands car but no such luck his car is dead also. So my kids are going to be very very late to school :sad:

At least we are going to have an attorney at the Friday hearing! Or I should say at least I got a phone number now I need to confirm with him.

Goin Fer It's Wife
I know you don't need someone telling you this.....but damn you are having the worst luck.......on the bright side though, you got nowhere to go but up!! :wink:
Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Board Regular

Just keep on keeping on Going Fer It's wife...There's better days ahead. I let my spouse (who is an investigator for the San Bernardino County DA's office) read this thread about your husband's problem. She couldn't believe that they even FILED on it, much less charged him with a felony ! Her jaw dropped. All she kept saying was "this was over a TREE and a LIGHT POLE ???"...Your husbands legal problems will be quite the subject of her lunch-time conversation at the office. Her opinion is that since no-one was injured, business closed etc, that it is a matter for the insurance companies and May trucking. Not for legal prosecution. She asked me "What ? Are they so bored in Oregon that they don't have any real crime" ? And a felony no less..She still can't believe it, so now my spouse will be checking your thread when I can't. As far as the septic tank problems..yes, been there done that. The clown that built my house poured a 6 inch concrete driveway over mine. Had to have it removed to find tank, installed man-holes, then re pour 10 grand worth of concrete. Tons of fun....Glad to hear you kissed off your old lawyer. If this one doesn't WORK FOR YOU get rid of them too. BOL
Old 11-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Rookie
Default Long post!

I have been out of the loop for over a month and my gawd how things can happen so quickly! Girl, you and your hubbie have been through hell and back haven't you? This whole mess is unspeakable, even stupid, and there must be a way to get it thrown out! You have more than your share of you-know-what on your plate at the moment and yet you are being so together and strong. It's hard to do, but somehow you just truck on. We had to file a BK a year ago because Iceman got throat cancer. I got sued in a cross-complaint from an old job in California and that is still going on. A year later we are just now climbing out of everything and there are no guarantees that the cancer will stay gone. It was Stage-4 throat cancer which is advanced, and he has never smoked. Go figure! His lease purchase with May is going just as my proforma calculations predicted. Now, we face foreclosure or something close and have to relocate probably by Feb. 1st. If you look at all of the stuff on your plate it is overwhelming. Just look at the here and now and try to visualize your soon to be as exactly how you want it. You were correct in including this in your BK. Every little thing helps. I still have to go back and read all of your posts as I have only got to some of them in order to really understand. I am surprised the DA would even allow it to be filed. Have you called the DA yourself??? Recently Iceman got a dumb kind of ticket in Fernley, NV and since he was on the road and couldn't appear by the court date I called the DA myself and they asked that he call the DA directly, and made appointment. He called yesterday as instructed and the DA threw out the ticket for him based on his explanation. Who knew?? Sorry to be so long-winded. My best to you and I will keep up with the posts.

Iceman's Wife
Suze
Old 11-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Thank you all for your warm wishes and support!

I do not have time to answer post today but will do so on Saturday after we are back from Oregon or late Friday night! And I have a funny story about my daughter regarding dad and his light pole to post.

We went to our bankruptcy hearing this morning and it went very well. They did not even ask us about job or changes so I did not have to explain it all.

We are getting ready to leave shortly for the airport to go to Oregon. We will have an attorney there.

All prayers are welcome!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Thank you all for your warm wishes and support!

I do not have time to answer post today but will do so on Saturday after we are back from Oregon or late Friday night! And I have a funny story about my daughter regarding dad and his light pole to post.

We went to our bankruptcy hearing this morning and it went very well. They did not even ask us about job or changes so I did not have to explain it all.

We are getting ready to leave shortly for the airport to go to Oregon. We will have an attorney there.

All prayers are welcome!

Goin Fer It's Wife
ok its saturday where is our update guess ill wait patiently hope everything went well yesterday..
Old 12-03-2006, 02:20 AM
Senior Board Member

jjh1001

Okay here is your update!

Thursday we were at the airport around 2:30 p.m an hour before our departure.
We were suppose to fly into Seattle connect there to our second flight and arrive in Medford around 7:25 p.m. Right!!!! :shock: Our flight was delayed three hours we ended up changing to Portland because we missed our connecting flight in Seattle. We ended up in Medford around 11:00 p.m.
But we did get the last seats on the Portland flight so we were very lucky!

Friday morning we arrived at court about 15 minutes early. Our attorney was about 15 minutes late so we were a little uptight. I noticed a guy looking at me with grey hair in the courtroom, so I asked him if he was Oscar (our attorney) He smiled and said no. He ended up being a pervert :shock: I won't go into the details about what he was charged with but it wasn't nice!

Our attorney did finally show up and one of the first things he stated was how he was going to attempt to have the D.A. accept a no contest plea on the 2nd degree later on. I talked to him and he said he knew that my husband was innocent of all of the charges. I asked him why we should have to plea to anything. I think when you pay a flat fee they want to do as little work as possible.

Anyway it went allot like TFMotors said it would. He pleaded not guilty and then had to walk over to the county jail to get finger printed and a picture taken. The judge released him on OR and we also had them put in that they would allow him to travel back in forth and that he did not have to stay in Oregon.

After we left the court I went to the BLM building to take some pictures of the parking lot.

They were actually working on replacing the light pole. They had the concrete out. When I was done taking my pictures I drove by were the parking light used to be.

One guy was working there at the time. I stopped the vehicle and said " It looks like a big job" He said "Yeah" I asked " You are replacing a light pole?". He said " Yes, and I don't really understand why they needed to replace the entire base. All we needed to do was use a little epoxy and it would have been fine. But since the guy knocked out the bolts they insisted that we replace the whole base".

I told him who I was and conversed a little longer. I found it very interesting that May Trucking would agree to pay for this. As if I had a car accident and they could fix it verses getting me a new vehicle they would never pay for a new vehicle.

I am taking a break and have more to post in a little bit!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-03-2006, 03:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Getting back to the conversation with the guy in parking lot working on the light. He also made the comment that it would be almost impossible to maneuver a 47 foot truck in the parking lot and I informed him it was a 53 foot truck. I told him we were for court. He stated that they probably charged my husband because he took off.

I explained to him that it was 9:00 at night everything was closed down and the two guys in the parking lot never identified themselves.

Now back to the court. They set a pre-trial hearing date of January 8, 2006.

The attorney called me before we left and said that he was requesting all discovery from the DA's office. I am going to call him Monday and ask him to subpoena a few other things for discovery. He also asked me what my background was, as he figured I had some sort of legal background.

We also told our attorney that when the case was over we were going to file a complaint against the officer. He said we should go ahead and do this now.

The attorney thought he had read in the police report that the witness was in the office when he saw my husband in trouble in the parking lot. Here is what the actual police report read

STATEMENT/ WITNESS-COMPLAINANT/ GUYS NAME

B---N Advised me that he is employed by BLM, and he was working late on 082206.
B----N saw a semi-truck as it entered the parking lot from Biddle Road. The semi truck came in and got into trouble trying to turn around in the lot. B----n saw the truck as it went up into a planter and struck a large tree. The tree fell over....more description of damage....
B----n was able to get the license plate off of the trailer and saw that there was the name " May Trucking" on the trailer. The suspect truck was last seen exiting out of the parking lot an onto Bullock Road.

As I stated before he completely left off the fact that conversation took place and the two people in the parking lot helped my husband get out. And even the way the officer wrote it up I would ask why would someone get out of the truck and look for people when a business is closed?

Anyway the part that is in bold is because my husband did not even know there was another entrance on Biddle Road. :roll: He came in on Bullock Road and left on Bullock Road. Hmm!!

The attorney found it very interesting that the two guys in the parking lot never identified themselves. He believes that is crucial. And the attorney knows that we do not want to plea no contest. I only hope that he is good and will fight for us.

Now as long as they do not call my 7 year old daughter to be a witness we should be fine :lol:

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 AM
Senior Board Member

feederfred

Thanks for your post! And to Mrs. Feedfred welcome aboard!

I was very surprised also that the DA's office took any action on this case. I was surprised when the police even wrote up my husband for a felony. And even though my husband was upset about the way the police officer wrote of the report when he saw it, we just let it go, because we thought no other actions would be taken.

I had to joke and ask were the press were! I mean the felon tree killer who came to town in Medford and no press! :wink: Just complete insanity!

Goin Fer It's Wife