User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Let me follow up with one more interesting tidbit of information in regards to this bankruptcy scare. I'm going to share with you a broadcast message that was sent to the entire TMC fleet just this moring from Harrold himself that should once and for all lay this myth to rest:

It has been brought to my attention that some of you are hearing rumors out there about our financial condition. I trust all of you working here know better than to fall for some of the crap the competition is spreading around about us. It makes me mad but at the same time you have to laugh. Our competitors can only hope in their wildest dreams that something might happen to TMC. While they're busy worrying about us, we're working as hard as ever to get their freight on our trucks and help you guys make a good living. I'm always available if you have any questions. As always, you guys keep that PRIDE IN YOUR RIDE!!!!!

Take care and be safe.

Harrold Annett
Old 03-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by "
[color=green
It has been brought to my attention that some of you are hearing rumors out there about our financial condition. I trust all of you working here know better than to fall for some of the crap the competition is spreading around about us. It makes me mad but at the same time you have to laugh. Our competitors can only hope in their wildest dreams that something might happen to TMC. While they're busy worrying about us, we're working as hard as ever to get their freight on our trucks and help you guys make a good living. I'm always available if you have any questions. As always, you guys keep that PRIDE IN YOUR RIDE!!!!!

Take care and be safe.

Harrold Annett[/color]
for those not in the know,
TMC is owned and operated by it's Mother Co,
Annett Holdings Inc.

Popa H,
like hewithoutname has said, is the founder and still the Boss...

Whooo ohhh
Big DaddyO, Mister H.
Has Spoken....

Now that's a voice I'd listen too!!

ben out of the trk, ben to de toofer bender,
got a clean bill of tooff health...
know's to see how much TMC's insurance will pay for de visit.
They didn't charge me anything today said wait till the insurance responds after the dentist bills them B4 the they can tell me if it will cost me anything...
But it usually don't cost nothing for a cleaning and checkup.
So's maybe I'll get off easy..

but after I get back in me Too Much Chrome trk,
I'll check out Mr H's message on the Qcomm
Old 03-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Rookie

Hey there,

I am a recruiter at TMC and been here about 3 years. the health coverage is about the best I would say. you can go to the dentist twice a year for 2 free cleanings/check up. [/quote]
Old 03-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Rookie

Hey Jerod
nice to see you posting again....

and it's nice that you aren't afraid to tell your work status eather...

not to be nasty picky but, hewithoutname doesn' tell about hisself which leaves Him not nearly as believe-able as you are....

yes, you are right about the dental cleaning...
but while the kids and meself were there one cavity got filled, 3 xrays were taken and 1 older filling had to be ground down... so yes I'll have to wait to see what he $ will be... But it is never very much anyway...

Yes you are right about AHI having the bestest insurance we are a fam. of 5 and still didn't have enough out of pocket expences to claim on our taxes this time...
why? cause their insurance pays so well, not because we didn't go to the Drs and Dentists...
Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waco's sunshine
Hey Jerod
nice to see you posting again....

and it's nice that you aren't afraid to tell your work status eather...

not to be nasty picky but, hewithoutname doesn' tell about hisself which leaves Him not nearly as believe-able as you are....

yes, you are right about the dental cleaning...
but while the kids and meself were there one cavity got filled, 3 xrays were taken and 1 older filling had to be ground down... so yes I'll have to wait to see what he $ will be... But it is never very much anyway...

Yes you are right about AHI having the bestest insurance we are a fam. of 5 and still didn't have enough out of pocket expences to claim on our taxes this time...
why? cause their insurance pays so well, not because we didn't go to the Drs and Dentists...
hewithoutname is in MANAGEMENT at TMC and can post more freely if he remains anonomous. The "higher-ups" at TMC usually don't come on chat boards so it is nice to see him here helping out.
Jerod is a recruiter and as such he SHOULD be here and is encouraged to post (and recruit) by his "higher-ups".
Hope that made sense lol.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:16 PM

gentlemen, with any luck I will be heading west for orientation in about a week and a half. any tips? I read the orientation FAQ, I don't have a mohawk and don't plan on throwing any wild drunken parties at the hotel or showing up in short and a tank top

my biggest concern is the road test, I have not been behind the wheel in probably 5 months, though I do drive a Dodge dually with a trailer sometimes, close enough, I can't be that rusty. I passed my CDL test with a flatbed and remember it being easier to manuever than anything else. not worried about actually driving on the road, just that orange cones give me nightmares.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterbeauford
not worried about actually driving on the road, just that orange cones give me nightmares.
Ask if you can use the yellow ones. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-26-2008, 11:59 PM

The best piece of advice, I or anyone can give, is TRUST NOTHING YOU HEAR! I babble about some issues that have hit upon me. However, you may have none of those issues. When I went to dedicated, everyone said its hell, they cant keep drivers, this, that, and the other. I can truthfully say, I LOVED MY DEDICATED JOB, and I really appreciated my fleetmanager. My gripe is basically some cb babble, that I was seeing, but as mentioned you may never see it, etc.

You will hear complaints in Des Moines, Ill guarantee it, just let it go in one ear and out of the other. You worry about you and your paycheck. The others drivers will not do a thing for your paycheck, only their own.

Ask plenty of questions, and dont be afriad to admit any flaws. If you act like everything is under control, and its not---they will know. Also be professional, and pay attention. You sleep in, you jack around, youll be sent packing. Its not highschool, its a job, and a very important job. I have seen them send people home because either they thought it was ok to jack around, or could never get to class on time.

I was in a brief 3 day orientation, so im not sure how long youll be in. If you need a trainer, your 1st road test will be basically a "what do you know" and used as a tool for a trainer, TMC,etc. When you come back from training, itll be like 2nd nature doing the road test to "test out" I watched many of the drivers leaving out, and they passed.

2nd tip, DO NOT THINK YOU KNOW THE JOB AFTER 2 MONTHS So many drivers think they know everything about the job after 2 months, yet cant understand why they will not see any good loads, or any $$. Dont be afriad to try different methods and use what works. Once you get in a rhythm, it will work out.

3rd tip, Stay off the Grass. :lol:

Have fun and learn as much as possible. I still have tons of friends that I met with TMC, and still talk to almost everyday. I do miss my customers, many of which I knew on a 1st name basis, I guess some things didnt work out, and I wanted more hometime. I will never regret being a TMC driver, even after 5 years driving, I learned a lot, that I am now using at my new job
Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csramsey640
The best piece of advice, I or anyone can give, is TRUST NOTHING YOU HEAR! I babble about some issues that have hit upon me. However, you may have none of those issues. When I went to dedicated, everyone said its hell, they cant keep drivers, this, that, and the other. I can truthfully say, I LOVED MY DEDICATED JOB, and I really appreciated my fleetmanager. My gripe is basically some cb babble, that I was seeing, but as mentioned you may never see it, etc.

You will hear complaints in Des Moines, Ill guarantee it, just let it go in one ear and out of the other. You worry about you and your paycheck. The others drivers will not do a thing for your paycheck, only their own.

Ask plenty of questions, and dont be afriad to admit any flaws. If you act like everything is under control, and its not---they will know. Also be professional, and pay attention. You sleep in, you jack around, youll be sent packing. Its not highschool, its a job, and a very important job. I have seen them send people home because either they thought it was ok to jack around, or could never get to class on time.

I was in a brief 3 day orientation, so im not sure how long youll be in. If you need a trainer, your 1st road test will be basically a "what do you know" and used as a tool for a trainer, TMC,etc. When you come back from training, itll be like 2nd nature doing the road test to "test out" I watched many of the drivers leaving out, and they passed.

2nd tip, DO NOT THINK YOU KNOW THE JOB AFTER 2 MONTHS So many drivers think they know everything about the job after 2 months, yet cant understand why they will not see any good loads, or any $$. Dont be afriad to try different methods and use what works. Once you get in a rhythm, it will work out.

3rd tip, Stay off the Grass. :lol:

Have fun and learn as much as possible. I still have tons of friends that I met with TMC, and still talk to almost everyday. I do miss my customers, many of which I knew on a 1st name basis, I guess some things didnt work out, and I wanted more hometime. I will never regret being a TMC driver, even after 5 years driving, I learned a lot, that I am now using at my new job
BRAVO! Well said and GREAT advice. Newbies take note!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csramsey640

it looks as if I was classified as an E-4, road test, 2.5 days load securement, 2.5 days company familiarization, 4 weeks with a trainer.

I worked hard to get this far, messing up this opportunity will be the last thing I do. been researching this company since 2006.