User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonSeggern View Post
You guys are referring to your money to the truck or gross pay?
$916 was my average weekly gross.

CROCS ARE NOT SHOES
Old 05-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Earth, North America, North, East, 9th State, 42° 56' 1" N, 72° 16' 41" W

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterbeauford View Post
$916 was my average weekly gross.
Holy Crap!!!
Proverbs 12:24, God, A really long time ago.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:44 PM
Board Icon

Again, good luck on the next gig carter, don't blame you after reading that other post with all the headaches. They won't fix the equipment then expect you the driver to be willing to pay the price, not gonna happen. They want you to wash the $130K truck and keep it shining but won't fix something that could potentially harm it and cause them and you the driver to lose money in the end? They want you to pay for the tolls then "forget" to pay you back? How are you supposed to clean your trailer off in order to load if it has 3 feet of snow on it and they don't allow shovel's? Yeah, don't blame you at all.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonSeggern View Post
Holy Crap!!!
holy crap good or bad? much better than it was last winter.

I made about $900 this week on 2 truckload and 1 LTL van loads, 2300 miles, mostly drop and hook, and was home one night and one full day during the week, and there is potential for much more money.

CROCS ARE NOT SHOES
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Senior Board Member

average $900 a week? Well it all depends on who you're comparing yourself to. Take my brother for example. He worked at Johnson Space Center for United Space Alliance (then Rockwell International) for 10-12 years. Dunno what he got paid, but a year ago last christmas (days before actually) he was cut. He survived one cut earlier in 2008, but not the 2nd. And now makes a few hundred a month on unemployment. Yeah...flatbed is hard. You tarp/chain/strap in all sorts of conditions. But guess what, you knew that going into the job. Yeah, you're to be paid for it....and maybe you are, you're just not feeling like its enough? I dont know. But try making $200-300 a MONTH. Think of how hard life would be being overqualified for every job you apply/interview for. Then you'll be glad to take that $900/wk ave. paycheck.

You know what happens to employees who aren't cross trained when it comes time to start cutting people? they get cut. Same holds true for trucking companies that only pull flatbed or tanks or dry vans. Once you've saturated your market/customers, your profitibility starts going in the tank. You have too many trucks running, so you gotta cut the miles for each truck, but you're spending the same amount on fuel costs, etc.....i dont know the ins and outs of running a trucking company, but when you've only got one product to offer a customer, and that customer can find it cheaper/better somewhere else....you've got nothing to fall back on. I'm from des moines, and would like to see TMC get their act together.