Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   TMC (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/16152-tmc.html)

mudflap276 04-02-2006 03:39 PM

TMC

i figured that someone should start a new thread to get POSITIVE info out about the company. :mrgreen:

johnc 04-02-2006 08:36 PM

yeah what was that last thread? 40 or so pages lol. could always use more info. 8)

J. FLOYD 04-03-2006 06:41 PM

I'VE BEEN OUT OF THE GAME FOR A LITTLE WHILE. LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN KEEPING YOURSELF BUSY SINCE I'VE BEEN GONE.

cableman 04-03-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J. FLOYD
I'VE BEEN OUT OF THE GAME FOR A LITTLE WHILE. LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN KEEPING YOURSELF BUSY SINCE I'VE BEEN GONE.

Yeah... To say the least... hehehehehe

fireman932003 04-03-2006 08:58 PM

Ok, quick question. I have ZERO flatbed experience. If I got to TMC will I have to go with a driver trainer or will the show me how to tarp and strap their in orientation then assign me a truck? Just curious.

cableman 04-04-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman932003
Ok, quick question. I have ZERO flatbed experience. If I got to TMC will I have to go with a driver trainer or will the show me how to tarp and strap their in orientation then assign me a truck? Just curious.

Fireman,

Depending on your OTR experience you will be classified as a trainee A or B. The Trainee A goes out with a driver trainer for six weeks, while the trainee B will go out for just three weeks. You will get familiar with the equipment, including how to use our spread axle trailers. Tiedown and tarping class just gets you familiar how we secure the load.

fireman932003 04-04-2006 08:16 PM

So, even though I have been driving a truck for 8 yrs I will still have to go out with a trainer. I was a driver trainer for Werner for 2 yrs. I don't mind doing the flatbed securment class just not to thrilled about the going out with a trainer thing. But I have to do what I have to do.

cableman 04-04-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

So, even though I have been driving a truck for 8 yrs I will still have to go out with a trainer. I was a driver trainer for Werner for 2 yrs. I don't mind doing the flatbed securment class just not to thrilled about the going out with a trainer thing. But I have to do what I have to do.

PM Jfloyd or TMC for more info... I just know that was one of the guys that was in my class ended up having to do

04-05-2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

That was a concern of mine as well....looking to re-apply soon...was passed over the first time for whatever reason i still dont understand but am still interested......Just dont like having a trainer...but i guess with flatbedding it is a wise thing to do.

mudflap276 04-08-2006 01:56 AM

if you dont have any flatbed experience then the training will help out greatly. if you do linehaul and get a trainer in your area then you will get an idea of the type of freight that you will spend most of your time dealing with and the locations of shippers and their little quarks. plus you will get some tips on getting the job done smarter not harder. it does suck having to ride in someone elses truck again but i think that it is worth it not to damage something or kill someone due to not knowing how to properly secure.