User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Down goes Bama, down goes Bama. The polls aren't so friendly but the BCS might save them and keep them in contention due to their schedule. LSU has to be licking their chops right now, they are the team that will shock everyone with how high they are in the BCS' first release this year. I'm hearing Top 5 and sitting pretty if they keep playing like they did against Florida. Awesome play call by Les Miles on the fake FG, that takes HUGE balls to call that but then again he isn't called the Riverboat Gambler for nothing.

Oregon wasn't very convincing against Washington St who hung with them for most of the game.

Barring some odd meltdown, OSU is in the BCS title game. I do not think Sparty can take them but I would love to be wrong on that.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:41 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Down goes Bama, down goes Bama. The polls aren't so friendly but the BCS might save them and keep them in contention due to their schedule. LSU has to be licking their chops right now, they are the team that will shock everyone with how high they are in the BCS' first release this year. I'm hearing Top 5 and sitting pretty if they keep playing like they did against Florida. Awesome play call by Les Miles on the fake FG, that takes HUGE balls to call that but then again he isn't called the Riverboat Gambler for nothing.

Oregon wasn't very convincing against Washington St who hung with them for most of the game.

Barring some odd meltdown, OSU is in the BCS title game. I do not think Sparty can take them but I would love to be wrong on that.
We'll never know cause they dont play this year. OSU still has Penn State and Mich at home and travel to Iowa and Wisconsin so there are some tough games remaining. Its a very solid football team. If they lack anything it would be the customary power rushing game, that could be their achilles heel. That defense is as good as it gets though.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Board Icon

And that's why I said barring some odd meltdown. Penn St is really down this year and Michigan is a one man show with no defense. Slow Robinson down and you win just like Sparty did. I'm thinking the only game left they might face some competition is at Iowa City. Wisconsin is starting to get hyped up again, about time for their customary failure under Bielema to start this week at home against OSU.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Board Icon

Wow! The last 2 weeks have been nuts.
The gamecocks suprized me. I think Arkansas showed what teams can do against Bama, and Ole Ball Coach did what Arkansas didn't do in their 2nd half against Bama.
Ya know.. I didn't care who won between LSU and Florida. I don't like either one. I've never cared too much for Miles, but I will say one thing. He's got guts. You talk about staying in the game with 2 pair, going up against a full house. :lol: His 2 pair was the kicker, and the holder. :hellno: I saw that same field goal fake a few years ago, but I never dreamed that Miles would have pulled that one out again.

Either Arkansas was a little flakey, or Sherman has made a difference at A&M. The Aggies gave Arkansas all they wanted. A&M has a different football team this year.
I noticed the University of Spoiled Children got beat. :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 10-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Board Icon

Saban has a legit bone to pick with the SEC folks who made the schedule up. Would not be surprised to see them lose at least once more, maybe twice. Starting last week against Flordia, Bama is in a stretch where every team they play has a bye week the week before they play Bama the rest of the year. So they get 2 weeks to prep for the champs.

Hearing Boise St is going to shock the world when the first BCS comes out, hearing #1 by a bunch. If a couple of teams win out though they may overhaul Boise or they may not depending on what Nevada does before they face Boise. The Wolfpack need to win out to get as high as possible in the polls.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Board Icon

I didn't know that, but I heard that on the radio yesterday. Bama still has a tough schedule ahead, and yes, the other teams have a bye week, before they play Bama. That makes a difference. If Bama can win the rest of their games, I don't see anyone beating them, but the rest of their schedule is going to be a test!

I heard the same thing about Boise. What would happen if they won out, and still #1? Would they be in the National Championship game? Or would a 1 loss team or another undefeated team from another conference be in it?

Speaking of Nevada, I heard that this year is the first time they've been ranked since 1940something..

Old 10-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Board Icon

Bama has a chance to come back but they will need some help plus win out. The problem is, they could either face Florida or USC again in Atlanta. Florida may be back at full strength by then with Demps healthy and Rainey now back from suspension. Of course it is no given that Bama win's the SEC West.

What is helping Boise right now and could continue to help them and possibly keep them in the Title game is that VT is winning and close to being ranked again, Nevada is ranked and winning and Oregon St is knocking off Top 10 teams. The Civil War could go a long ways to determining half of the Title game with Oregon. If Oregon wins, they would probably overhaul Boise, if Oregon St wins, that is a HUGE feather in Boise's cap. If Boise is still #1, they are in the Title game per the current rules, nothing says that the Title game has to be between 2 of the Big Boys. I don't think TCU who is predicted to be #3 in the first BCS can hang on. They have Utah who is a Top 10 team and Air Force who should have beaten OU still to go. I doubt they hang on without some help from other's losing because they haven't played any big name teams like Boise has. They beat Oregon St also but by the same spread as Boise. The jury is still out on Baylor as to whether or not it will be a schedule helper. They lost to Texas Tech who isn't an OU or Ok St team.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Board Icon

Are we ready for BCS chaos this evening? Ohio St goes down as does Nebraska. Oregon and Boise will be #1 and #2 and TCU will follow as #3 with OU a close #4. TCU will be a huge fan of Missouri this week to pull the upset on OU. The winner of the Auburn-LSU game this weekend will put that team in the driver's seat in the BCS, looks like either team will be #5 and #6 in the BCS tonight. Bama is getting the help they will need to get back up there but they didn't look to impressive against the Ole Miss Black Bears.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Board Icon

Ole Miss Black Bears :lol:

Yeah, who would have thought OU would be #1 in the BCS..
That's why I love college football. Anything can happen!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Board Icon

I was talking to my dad, and he thinks it will be OU/Auburn in the BCS championship game. Which is probably a good thought.
Both schools have a tough schedule still, but they are both capable of winning the rest. That's if OU can get by Mizzou and OK State, and that's if Auburn can get by Bama, and if Georgia don't sneak up and bite them in the butt.

How bout Wisconsin? They did a number on Ohio St. :hellno:
Auburn/Arkansas was a shootout. :lol:
Kentucky snuck up on ole ball coach. :lol:
The Horns proved Lincoln wrong. :hellno: :lol:

Last edited by Jackrabbit379; 10-18-2010 at 07:30 PM.