User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I tell ya what's gonna be good--- Alabama and Arkansas play this weekend. If Arkansas can shut down Bama's running game, and if Arkansas can run against Bama, Arkansas should have pretty good chances. :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/

Last edited by Jackrabbit379; 09-20-2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Ooops. Meant to edit the previous post, and type this post in the previous post.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
I tell ya what's gonna be good--- Alabama and Arkansas play this weekend. If Arkansas can shut down Bama's running game, and if Arkansas can run against Bama, Arkansas should have pretty good chances. :lol:

That should be a good game. Both teams have been doing well this year.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
I think what hurt Tennessee the most was the fake punt. 4th and 8, and Florida got 35 yards out of it. I think that's what took the momentum out of the Vols.

That did seem to take the wind out of their game. There were a couple of other plays right after that which probably helped the to stay off balance.

Mr. Ford made a very good point. When you get hired to coach a team, you have what the previous coach had. Might be good, or it could be bad. Kinda like that coach that Miami had. He hired on because Butch Davis went to the NFL. He walked into a gold mind. Won a National Title, but then, Miami went to pot the next few years. If this Cooley guy is a good recruiter, Tennessee should be back in a few years.

Tennessee needs to get the team organized. It usually takes a little time to get the momentum back up once a team gets down. Recruiting is most of the battle. If you can get good players then it is much easier to build a solid team. I think most of the team is good, just inexperienced. The defense pretty much shut Florida down the first half.

You didn't miss anything on the Texas/Tech game, GMAN. I watched about 3 and a half quarters and I went to bed. Tech has a guy who is a defensive back, and he had a problem keeping his mouth shut. He gave up 30 yards, because he didn't use his head. One of them was a late hit. In the 3rd quarter, it was 3rd and long for the Longhorns, and Texas passed the ball, but the receiver didn't catch it. The Tech cornerback stood over the Texas kid, and taunted. In other words, Texas got a first down, and then they scored. I went to bed after that. That loud mouth cost Tech 30 yards, and a touchdown. He wouldn't play for me.

I am glad that I didn't waste my time on the game.

How bout them Cowboys??? :hellno: :roll:
I am still a fan of the Cowboys, win or lose. Although, I prefer it when they win.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Board Icon

I am too, GMAN. I cheer for the Cowboys, when it's good, and when it's bad. I get aggravated, but I still cheer them on. :lol:
I just hope they can get out of the hole they're in.

Last edited by Jackrabbit379; 09-21-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
That should be a good game. Both teams have been doing well this year.
The Arkansas/Alabama game is going to be a good test for the Hogs. It's gonna be a test for the Arkansas defense, and their running offense. Ryan Mallett is an outstanding quarterback, but I'm not sure how well they will run against the Bama defense.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Board Icon

Tim Brando has a radio show.
He had some coach on his show, but I'm not sure who it was. Brando wouldn't say his name. Just "hey coach, how bout this" or "well, I tell ya what coach..." I caught the tail-end of the interview. Who ever it was (sounded like an older man) had a deep southern accent. He mentioned something about beating Oklahoma, and then Brando said, "They didn't want to do it again, huh?" The coach said, "No, they wouldn't dare. The kids wanted to keep em on the schedule, but OU never gave us the time of day after that."
Then the coach said, "Once you get bitten by the dog, you aint gonna go back in the yard." :lol: I thought that was pretty good.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Board Icon

Man, Arkansas couldn't seal the deal when they had the chance on Bama. Game was a good fight all the way, like a heavy weight title fight. I can't wait for the Auburn-Bama game after watching the Tigers go toe to toe with SC to knock them off. If Bama runs the table in the SEC West they will be without a doubt the #1 team. LSU looks like they are starting to find their way so the SEC West is going to be tough to go thru.

How about Texas getting the snot kicked out of them by UCLA and OU barely escaping a Cincy team that got destroyed by NC St?
Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 PM
Board Icon

Is it not crazy?!?!?!?
I tell ya what..That first Arkansas drive blew my mind. I thought,.. oh my gosh!! :hellno:
Arkansas either thought they had the game won at the half, or Bama was goofing off in the 1st half. I think Arkansas gave Bama all they wanted in the 1st half, and then they just layed down in the 2nd half. :hellno:
I believe the Iron Bowl will be one of the best played football games. It usually is, but I think it's gonna be a knock-down drag-out. Hard nose fight. I was amazed how Auburn hung in with ole Ball Coach and the Cocks, and then they won it.. That was somethin!
Yeah, UCLA stuck it to the Horns. I was flipping back and forth. I saw most of it. The Horns got blown out. I don't know who's gonna win the Tex/OU game. I'm not about to try to pick. OU hasn't lost, but they only blew out 1 team, that was FSU. All of the OU wins have been by their chin hair :lol: I dunno who's gonna win that one.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Senior Board Member

How bout them SOONERS? They give new meaning to the term, "winin ugly"!!! Other than Florida State, we have been sooooo lucky.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Board Icon

Some of thoughts from yesterday,

Yes, Oregon is THAT DAYUM good all around. I believe they may be the only team that can hang with Bama. I say that because they run the same offense that Florida runs except that Oregon has the experience and talent. Florida just has the talent right now yet they moved the ball on Bama due to Bama's own inexperience on defense. Oregon also has a D that is lights out when they want to be, they have only given up 7 2nd half points all season.

Florida is THAT DAYUM bad on offense. Bama played like junk in the 2nd half and still rocked Florida. Florida fans ought to be thankful Bama started screwing around in the 2nd half which Saban was not happy about afterwards, face them again and it could be 50-0.

LSU and Florida are/were very overrated. LSU was given a gift by Big Orange, they should not even be ranked, worst 5-0 team in the country. Florida was #7, they played more like a #20 team all around.

I'm starting to like Auburn and what they have going down on The Plains. Funny how the fans love Gene Chizik now, that Iron Bowl is gonna be a slobberknocker.

How about Denard Robinson, The Freak. 2nd play on offense and he takes it 76 yards to the house untouched. Safety had an angle on him and he still toasted him. Ho hum, another record by him as he nearly went for 500 yards of total offense. First player in college football history to have 2 games of 200 yards rushing and passing in a career, he's done it in the same season. IF he doesn't win the Heisman, it's because he got hurt. I'd love to see him split out as a WR and see if he can become a triple threat all by himself.