User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 08:30 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I was watching the Miss St game, I was surprised at how poorly they played and yet they still stomped the tar out of Memphis. Rolled up nearly 500 yards in the first half alone. They were missing a couple of players, 2 starters due to breaking team rules, one was their top go-to WR and the other a defensive tackle.

The problem Briles has is that he is in the same conference as the 3 you mentioned Jack. If they were in the SEC he would have a legit shot at the same guys within Texas that UT and OU are getting. Why would I go to Baylor when I can go to UT or OU and be competing for National Titles instead of just being Bowl eligible? He could use the SEC for example as a selling point, play against the top talent week in and week out.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
I'm going to go Boise over UGA, Oregon over LSU, and Baylor over TCU. I think Griffin will be the difference for Baylor.
I should have bet some moneyissedoff: Although they just about gave it away because of complacency, they were still the better team I thought. They looked good on both sides of the ball. I've never done so much channel flipping in my life. Between our local High School games, Baylor and TCU, and a movie I was watching, plus having to get ready for work which caused me to miss the end of the Baylor game, it was a busy night. Can't wait for tomorrow.:thumbsup:
Old 09-04-2011, 07:43 AM
Senior Board Member

2 out of 3 ain't bad. If I was going to be wrong on a game, LSU-Oregon wouldn't have been the one I would have picked. Is LSU that good or Oregon that bad? I didn't get to see the game, or chose not to watch because OU was on.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Board Icon

Oregon looked that bad. Lot of self inflicted mistakes that LSU capitalized on with TD's.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Oregon looked that bad. Lot of self inflicted mistakes that LSU capitalized on with TD's.
issedoff::ranting::banghead:
Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Board Icon

It was real ugly, LaMichael James was injured just before halftime and limped around trying his best afterwards. Thomas was running for his life when he tried to pass. LSU still has a scary D, they kept bending but not breaking until they got way out in front. They even allowed a mercy TD by Oregon with 13 seconds left to make it a tiny bit more respective. The LSU O wasn't that great but they didn't have to be. Les Miles has gone and done it again, chips were down but he found a way to pull it all together and get the win. The SEC West is going to be real fun to watch this year, MSU looked real good, Arkansas didn't look too bad, Bama looked primed and ready, LSU showed they have something, only Ole Miss and Auburn didn't look too good.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Board Icon

How about that mess of a game in Morgantown, WV last night? Ended up with at least 1 fan struck by lightning while still in the stands. They had not gotten everyone indoors when the storm rolled in. Took them until about 10 pm to finally call the game, kickoff was 3:30.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Board Icon

It was a good first weekend of football. I couldn't watch just one game. I was flipping back and forth.
Georgia looked terrible. Boise completely over-powered them. Did Georgia not show up, or are they not that good? How are they going to do against South Carolina this week? I've noticed that Mark Richt has recruited some well talented players, but they've had trouble producing.

Oregon did have some awful turnovers, but LSU's defense is tough. I didn't see much of LSU's offense. Every time I switched over to their game, Oregon had the ball, and they couldn't do anything. I was surprised to say the least.
OU looked good. Of course, they played Tulsa.
How bout Utah St? They nearly had a big win. :lol: I think Auburn will have their hands full this week, when Miss St comes to town.
I was listening to A&M Sunday night. SMU made them look really good. I know that A&M is getting better, but I still think they are overated. We'll see how they do when they go to Norman. :lol:
I think Baylor/TCU was one of the best games I've seen. Griffin has a heck of an arm. And I was amazed how his receivers were able to catch so well in man to man coverage. Especially on those fade routes. TCU found a way to come back, but Baylor showed some character, by getting back in it, and winning. Especially after Griffin fumbled. I figured it was over when that happened. I'll say this,.. Baylor exposed some holes in TCU's defense.

Miami's defense sure missed their party animals. I think Miami will be better than most think, once their starters get back. They were able to stay in the game, but couldn't hold out to win.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
Georgia looked terrible. Boise completely over-powered them. Did Georgia not show up, or are they not that good? How are they going to do against South Carolina this week? I've noticed that Mark Richt has recruited some well talented players, but they've had trouble producing.
Is it just me or is Richt "supposedly" on the bubble EVERY year?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Board Icon

I think he has been the last couple years. I've heard on a couple radio shows that he's on the hot seat. Last year was a tragedy for UGA. They went 7-6, and they got blown out by Central Florida in the Liberty Bowl. They have a pretty easy schedule this year, all though they host S Carolina, and they have to play Auburn and Florida. It's not looking too good so far, getting hammered by Boise St.
This is his 10th season at UGA. He has a good record, but UGA has struggled the last couple years. I didn't know this til the other night when I heard on the radio, but he was the offensive coordinator at FSU for several years.

http://watsonsysco.com/