User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I wished I would have recorded the Michigan ND game. What a thriller! That is one of the best games I've seen. I loved the old school uniforms. Even the refs had the old hats. :lol: It sure looked weird, seeing the big house at night, but it looked cool!

I cannot believe that a 275 pound man was able to run a fake punt for a touchdown. That's what UGA gets for running down the field, instead of watching the ball before SC punted it. I actually thought that UGA was going to upset Ball Coach.. If Coastal Carolina beats Georgia this week, the Dawgs might as well go home for the year. :hellno:

This week is the third week in September. I hope the Vols beat the living snot out of Florida.

The OU FSU game is going to be good,.. I've been thinking about how it will turn out. I think OU can pull it out, but I'm wondering if it will be a shootout, or will it be a defensive battle..

Auburn got another win by their chinny chinny chin.. Luck of the draw I guess. I wonder if we'll have an upset at Death Valley.

I wonder how good Virginia is. (they need to change their fight song :lol I probably won't see the game, way out here, but North Carolina and Virginia play. Is that a rival? Seems like I remember they used to knock heads all the time..

Before I forget... I have an upset prediction.. UCLA 31- Texas 13

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 09-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Board Icon

That Michigan-ND game was great the entire way. It looked like 2 heavyweights slugging it out with each other.

If UGA loses to CC, Mark Richt is out of a job, possibly by Monday.

Florida is surprising me, I don't think Rocky Top has anything for the Gators though. They didn't exactly put Cincy away like I thought they should have so I suspect Florida will beat them 35-16.

OU by 2 TD's at least. If FSU starts slow it's going to be a blowout for OU.

Auburn should escape Clemson. They aren't winning with style points, they are just simply getting the W and moving on, oh btw, they are gaining confidence as they keep doing this.

F UVA. They have one of the fruitiest fight songs I have ever heard, in fact they make mention of how fruity they are at UVA. Yes, the UNC-UVA rivalry is the Oldest Rivalry in The South, aka: South's Oldest Rivalry. Something like 115 games played. It's the oldest rivalry in D1 this side of the Miss. We(UNC) finally beat them last year in C-ville for the first time since 1984 in grand fashion, a 44-10 and we own the overall series by a margin of 57-54-4. That game against Indiana, that kid should have been arrested on the spot for what he did to win the game for UVA. That was a NY mugging if I've ever seen one. Sacked the QB(blew him up is the better term) and stole the ball from him before they hit the ground.

I think Texas wins that one. Didn't UCLA lose to Houston in week 1? A UCLA team that was being considered the sleeper in the Pac-12 this year, Texas by a FG.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Board Icon

That's right! The South's Oldest Rivalry! Something rang a bell when I saw that they were playing this weekend. I don't know how I forgot that one. but I don't know how I remembered UVA's fight song. Geeez! :hellno: Didn't mean to stir ya up, when I said, 'I wonder how good UVA is'.. I knew they got blown out by some teams last year. Couldn't remember by whom.
All I really know about Florida this year are the new coaches. Even in their down years, they are still hard to beat. Too bad the game isn't in Knoxville. I do know that Tennessee is struggling. I'm sure they'll be back. I just found out that Derek Dooley is Vince's son. I had no idea. Heard that on the radio the other night.

I hope you are right about OU! I've heard some really good things about FSU. Of course, I'm sure it would be different if they weren't ranked so high. Guess we'll find out how good they really are. Both teams really. I have a feeling that OU will be tough enough on defense to hold out, but will FSU be able to stop the hurry up spread.

I also forgot that Ohio St is going to Miami. Something that I find funny, is that everyone is blowing smoke about J Harris. From what I remember from last year, he threw the ball to the wrong teams several times. If Miami can keep themselves from coughing up the ball, I think they'll win, with most of their starters back from the boat rides and what all they did.

Yeah, Houston did beat UCLA. :lol: Forgot about that.. Well, UT might have a chance. I also heard that Mack Brown is starting Case McCoy. Colt's brother.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Board Icon

Ah you didn't stir me up Jack. Their fight song lyrics have me laughing every time I hear it. I think the UVA-UNC game is going to be a good one. Our QB has been on fire the first 2 games. He nearly set a bunch of NCAA passing records in his first career start against JMU. Still looked good last week against Rutgers but UVA has a better D than Rutgers does. Going to find out how good he really is this week.

I think Miami beats OSU this time. They got Harris back at QB and Miami didn't look too horrible against Maryland without him. OSU on the other hand nearly got their lunch handed to them by an in-state team for the first time since 1921. They were very lucky to escape Toldeo's upset bid. Heck they had trouble with Akron until the 2nd half started.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Board Icon

Toledo did almost come away with a win. :lol:
Boise will probably beat them by 60 tonight.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Board Icon

How bout GT destroying Kansas? Was that Kansas U or was that a high school team out there?

Superlatives: Georgia Tech spreads the wealth, leaves Kansas D for dead - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

600 yards rushing???:eek2:
Old 09-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Senior Board Member

I think people were expecting more out of Gill, including myself. I don't know why what he did at U of Buffalo didn't translate over to KU, at least for now anyway. KU had a couple of stinkers like this last year also.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Board Icon

It really makes Mangino look like something special or was he breaking some NCAA rules in order to make KU football good? I mean historically KU football has always been bad but Mangino came in and suddenly they were highly ranked and fighting for the Big 12 title. He gets fired and they go right back down the tubes........
Old 09-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Board Icon

That's about the way I remember, Mr. Ford.
GT sure found some holes in KU's defense..
I never saw the game, but I saw some highlights. Kinda like what you said, it looks like Kansas has gone to pot.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Board Icon

Sure is weird seeing Nebraska in the Big 10. I saw the ad on espn about Nebraska and Wisconsin playing in the primetime slot this week. I thought 'what in the world??' Then it dawned on me....
I tell ya another good one, Bama at Florida. It will make me wonder if Bama is that good, or did Arkansas decide not to show up!!..
I thought that A&M was the most overrated team in the country, but they gave Ok State a good fight. I understand that college station is a hostile place to play at, but A&M did better than I thought. Speaking of the no-show hogs,... Arkansas and A&M play this week at Jerry Jones Stadium. Wonder what that will be like. Slugfest, or shootout??
Baylor will have their test this week. They play at K-State. I would say that Griffin would have another one of his 1st round knock-outs, but K State beat Miami, in Miami. Not that Miami is a top ranked team, but I'd say that was quite a feat for K State. Baylor is looking real good, but they have a brutal schedule. If they have 8 wins this year, I'll be impressed.
Clemson goes to V Tech. That should be good..
OU is hosting Ball State. :hellno: