View Poll Results: Does OSU deserve the Death Penalty in football?
Yes 4 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default OSU football

Yet another former OSU player under Tressel has come out and openly stated that everyone on the team was selling rings, jersey's and whatever else they could to get deals on apartments and cars. He even went on to say that the school knew all about it, it was no big secret. It appears that they have a huge problem in Columbus that could get even bigger. Should the hammer be dropped on them like it was for SMU?
Old 05-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Board Icon

Said player has now recanted most of his story as being untrue and words put into his mouth by an OSU campus newspaper. The paper stands by it's story and says they put it in print word for word off the recorder used to do the interview. Sounds like someone close to the program jumped him over going public with the truth. Why would the school's own paper give out false info that could really hurt everyone publicly?
Old 05-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Board Icon

Coach Tressel has resigned with mounting allegations/scandals. Chicken, ran off like Ron Meyer pulled just before SMU got socked.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Coach Tressel has resigned with mounting allegations/scandals. Chicken, ran off like Ron Meyer pulled just before SMU got socked.
there has to be more coming.........he jumped ship before all the dirt comes out.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Board Icon

I think he got blindsided while on vacation with his wife. He returned yesterday and suddenly he was meeting with OSU. What changed while he was gone, a former player went public on how everyone knew all about what was going on. I think we still see some penalties, the question is how tough will they be? OSU AD Gene Smith has friends on the NCAA Infractions Committee that he was/is a part of. A big school like OSU needs a reminder and it would provide a real good example to the other big boys if OSU is hit with the 2 year ban of football. They sort of got everyone's attention with USC, time to further the education by dropping a bigger bomb on OSU to show how serious the NCAA is.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Senior Board Member

I personally would like to see them send Pryor down the river. He was so cocky and was such an AZZ coming out of High School. Now, I hope they DO give them the death penalty. You can't have that many people involved in something like that and NOT have it leak out. Here are a couple of interesting articles, sorry if you have read them already.

Jim Tressel has resigned from Ohio State after 10 seasons - ESPN

Report: NCAA launches separate probe of Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor - ESPN
Old 05-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Board Icon

I haven't been keeping up with the OSU news. Then, I heard about Tressel resigning all of a sudden. That throws a little fuel in the fire. :lol: I wonder what's going to happen next. Football program going to get suspended? President going to get suspended/fired? I believe Tressel knew that he was about to get in deep water, so he got out.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 05-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the OSU news. Then, I heard about Tressel resigning all of a sudden. That throws a little fuel in the fire. :lol: I wonder what's going to happen next. Football program going to get suspended? President going to get suspended/fired? I believe Tressel knew that he was about to get in deep water, so he got out.
They will have to start calling it, "Pulling a Pete Carroll!":smokin:
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Board Icon

Lot of fans suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg, Tressel running off. He did the same at Youngstown St, left as they were getting into hot water. I would sincerely hope that no future team ever hire a coach who runs off before their former school is sanctioned, whether it be the NFL or NCAA. It keeps happening and it needs to be stopped by teams not hiring these type of coaches. Great job Tressel, way to preach integrity, heck even wrote a book on it, and not follow it. Nice intro speech to the students and fans when he was officially introduced as the coach. Something along the lines of, "These student-athletes will be student-athletes you can be very proud of under my tenure, on the field or off the field." I bet the OSU fans are so dang proud right now, bet they will be really proud if the death penalty comes. With the Feds involved this isn't as simple as the SMU scandal, this is worse. 2nd time the Feds have been involved with a Tressel team.

As for Pryor, makes you wonder why PSU didn't get him to stay home. Can't compete with a school offering cars, apartments and cash money while your offering them a chance to play and get an education. JoePa would have already sent him packing I believe. I say he is gone along with the other 4 players that were suspended now to the NFL Supplemental Draft coming up. It's too bad if that happens, the NCAA will be left with egg on their face and I bet they really drop the hammer on OSU.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Ford95 View Post
lot of fans suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg, tressel running off. He did the same at youngstown st, left as they were getting into hot water. I would sincerely hope that no future team ever hire a coach who runs off before their former school is sanctioned, whether it be the nfl or ncaa. It keeps happening and it needs to be stopped by teams not hiring these type of coaches. Great job tressel, way to preach integrity, heck even wrote a book on it, and not follow it. Nice intro speech to the students and fans when he was officially introduced as the coach. Something along the lines of, "these student-athletes will be student-athletes you can be very proud of under my tenure, on the field or off the field." i bet the osu fans are so dang proud right now, bet they will be really proud if the death penalty comes. With the feds involved this isn't as simple as the smu scandal, this is worse. 2nd time the feds have been involved with a tressel team.

As for pryor, makes you wonder why psu didn't get him to stay home. Can't compete with a school offering cars, apartments and cash money while your offering them a chance to play and get an education. Joepa would have already sent him packing i believe. I say he is gone along with the other 4 players that were suspended now to the nfl supplemental draft coming up. It's too bad if that happens, the ncaa will be left with egg on their face and i bet they really drop the hammer on osu.
DITTO:thumbsup: