User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The whole thing sounds crazy. There's no way his dad was that secretive. I don't believe that Cam was unaware of his dad's "whatever". I call it bull.
Anyway...
Looks like it's Auburn/Oregon in the title game. :hellno: Sounds weird. It's one of those years where it's not the usual teams.
What do yall think about it??

What do yall think about the bowl games?
Arkansas/Ohio St in the Sugar??? Isn't the Sugar is where the ACC/SEC play?
TCU is in the Rose? That's strange. I figured it would have been the PAC 10 runner up vs a Big 10 team.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Board Icon

Don Meredith passed away.
Cowboys' Don Meredith dies after brain hemorrhage - Yahoo! News

Old 12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Board Icon

I really hope Oregon wins the title. I hate seeing vacated titles and Heisman's. Unfortunately this year's Heisman will eventually be taken away/vacated. Newton has it locked up as the best player on the field, the voters aren't willing to change their vote due to the off field deal. While it is true he is the best player, he would not be the best player if he had been ruled ineligible. It's too bad the nation's true top player who was eligible will be screwed over from getting it like what happened to Vince Young when Reggie Bush won it then had to give it back.

The Rose got a new BCS contract which states something like if the Pac-10 Champ plays for the title, they can't do a normal Pac-10/Big Ten matchup. They can't take the Pac-10 #2 even if they are in the Top whatever in the BCS anymore. I'm surprised OSU didn't go to the Fiesta to face OU.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
The Rose got a new BCS contract which states something like if the Pac-10 Champ plays for the title, they can't do a normal Pac-10/Big Ten matchup. They can't take the Pac-10 #2 even if they are in the Top whatever in the BCS anymore. I'm surprised OSU didn't go to the Fiesta to face OU.
I was wondering. Kinda threw me off. When I heard about the bowl games, I thought.. wait a minute.
I find it odd that Ohio St is playing Arkansas myself. I guess the BCS folks wanted to mix it up this year. :lol:

Old 12-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Board Icon

I think they(the BCS Bowls) did a great job with selections this year vs year's past. Granted the Orange used to be ACC/Big East and the Rose is normally Pac-10/Big Ten so it was hard to mix it up like this year. The Orange is no longer an ACC/Big East matchup, the BE lost their auto status with the Orange. The Rose got last pick this year, surprised TCU was still on the table for them. Fiesta got first pick, surprised they didn't take Arkansas with OU for a nice local/regional matchup there or as I said above, OSU who has been there a bunch in the last 10 years. Sugar got the 2nd pick, took a regional team in Arkansas with a big name in OSU. Orange was 3rd with a nice East Coast vs West Coast matchup in Stanford/VT.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
I really hope Oregon wins the title. I hate seeing vacated titles and Heisman's. Unfortunately this year's Heisman will eventually be taken away/vacated. Newton has it locked up as the best player on the field, the voters aren't willing to change their vote due to the off field deal. While it is true he is the best player, he would not be the best player if he had been ruled ineligible. It's too bad the nation's true top player who was eligible will be screwed over from getting it like what happened to Vince Young when Reggie Bush won it then had to give it back.

I agree. Go Ducks. As for OSU I think the BCS powers love pitting them against the SEC until they actually win one. But they missed a great storyline. What if they had put OSU against Boise! After what Gordon Gee said it would be put up or shut up! I'm sure Boise would love to get that win.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Board Icon

Boise needed to win out for that to potentially happen. Had they won out though I think they may have ended up in the Rose over TCU since they are more West Coast. It would have been a homecoming for half the Boise team. I'm intrigued by the OSU matchup with Arkansas though. OSU has a good D, can they stop the Arkansas air attack? LSU had a good D and couldn't do it, particularly at the end of the first half. What, 3 plays, 90 yards in 30 seconds to score going into the half?

How about Urban Meyer stepping down AGAIN at Florida? If it lasts more than 24 hours this time, Spurrier has to be their top target with Dan Mullen #2. What about Pat Hill at Fresno St, taking a huge pay cut for 2011. Fresno wanted to sign him to an extension but could not afford what he was already making. Instead of telling them C-YA he asked what they would be willing to give him in guaranteed salary and accepted that.

Last edited by Mr. Ford95; 12-08-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

So it seems the Big 10 might be the little sisters of the poor! 0-5 on New Year's Day? Michigan State was exposed as an average team, Northwestern hung tough without their star QB, Penn State was just average-but we already knew that, Michigan sucks-but we knew that too, and Wisconsin I believe is still a very good physical football team...who got beat by an even better team...there I said it! TCU was impresssive! Iowa was like Alabama, a better team then what their record showed. They also routed Mich State then beat a good Mizzou team. But while I'm on the subject I hope Michigan gets rid of that idiot for a coach. RichRod want's to talk about improvement because they went 7-6? What a joke! Michigan was 10-2 in Lloyd Carr's final year before that dumbazz even showed up. It's obvious to me, (a BigTen a homer LOL), that the SEC is in a class of their own when it comes to Football. If Auburn prevails wouldnt be like 5 straight NC's? Florida twice, LSU, and Bama?
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Board Icon

OSU has a chance to save a tiny bit of face, but how much with how they, the Big Ten and the Sugar Bowl lobbied the NCAA to not suspend the OSU 5 for the Sugar Bowl? I hope Arkansas goes Hog wild on OSU just for that.

Actually, I liked what Herbie said about Michigan and Rich Rod, keep him but fire the whole recruiting staff. They have not had a D worth it's salt at Michigan since 1998. Recruit some defensive 5 star players, not 2 and 3 star one's. Anyone remember Charles Woodson, he was with a Michigan team that was one of the last to have a D worth something. I think Michigan sits on him for 1 more year then brings in Harbaugh from Stanford. He has 1 more year at Stanford and if Luck stays for his Senior year, they have a team that has a good chance at taking Oregon next year at The Farm. I don't see him leaving unless Luck declares for the draft but his sister may have some big pull for him to come early, Harbaugh's sister is married to Tom Crean, the Hoosiers basketball coach.

You are correct, if Auburn wins then it would be 5 straight SEC teams that won the title. Wonder how much the last 4 cost each team, we already know if it happens this year that it cost them only $200K.......;-)
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Board Icon

Hearing from a Detroit station that Rich Rod has been fired. It also seems that Harbaugh is reluctant to take the job in Ann Arbor per sources.......could it be that he's about to be named the new coach in Denver? Elway, a Stanford alum and current front office exec for Denver has been wining and dining with Harbaugh the last few days down in Miami. Harbaugh has also been linked to the 49er's and Dolphins openings. He sure wouldn't be the first this year to run a reverse, everyone though Edsall was content at UConn. The morning following the loss in the Fiesta he was in College Park, MD to sign on as coach of the Maryland Terrapins, a job many thought Mike Leach was a shoo-in for because of his exciting offense and that was one of the big things the new Maryland AD wanted, an exciting team in order to sell tickets. If Harbaugh is off the market, it appears the next best candidate is Brady Hoke for Michigan.