User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 04:27 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Holy Football!!! What a great weekend of games. Not just because OU won but ALL of the games. Auburn-Bama, what a game! Arkansas-LSU, couldn't have turned out better, for me anyway. Finally, OU-OSU. Some GREAT play's from both teams. OU tried to give it away but prevailed despite themselves. I haven't been a big Landry Jones fan but he won me over tonight. He had 62 attempts for 468yds. Not too shabby.

Now, hopefully, OU-Nebraska. What a way to close out the "BIG 12". One of the biggest rivalries in the history of college football possibly playing their last game against each other in the "Championship" game. It's not a done deal but that is what it is looking like as of right now. We'll see at 8:15 tomorrow night (Sunday).

Snowman, I agree with you. I think TCU and BSU could beat anybody on any given weekend, buutttt........I don't think they could get up EVERY weekend in any of the Big 4 conferences and a couple of the others and have anywhere near the records they have now. Could you see BSU in the SEC, PAC 10, BIG 12 or BIG 10? Even the ACC or BIG EAST would wear them down, IMHO. I think TCU is better than BSU and would have a better chance in one of those conferences but we'll never know for sure, just my .02.

Hope everybody enjoyed it as much as I did.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Board Icon

Snowman, your looking at the rankings done by humans, like those are fair and balanced..........Look at the SOS of BSU and OSU by each team they play. Let's go right to what Gee said, BSU doesn't play the same level as OSU, turns out BSU played at a level that is the same as what OSU's whole schedule was this year. Gee was dead wrong in his claim FOR OSU

Boise opponents:

115 for an average of 75

OSU:

109 for an average of 70
Old 11-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Board Icon

Newest BCS is out, guess what, Boise's SOS is higher than OSU's by 10 spots. In the Top 25 of the BCS, only Michigan St has a higher SOS at 38 vs Boise's 44 when it comes to the Big Ten vs Boise which futher proves that Gee is a fool.

BTW, TCU is going to the Big Least as a full member........I mean that conference also known as the Big East which isn't so big these days in football. Next season will be their last in the MWC.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Mr Ford I'm not looking at ANY rankings, computer or otherwise. Granted Boise benefitted from VTech and Nevada's record. If you look at the top tens teams down thru history with the exception of Notre Dame they play in a so called "major conference". That being said, those "top ten" teams, or any major program for that matter, only go undefeated once maybe twice every ten years. There's no way Boise goes undefeated in a major conference. Too much of a grind and too much luck involved. Playing in the swamp, the shoe, the big house, 80-100,000 hostile fans, even injuries, Boise's first team is out by the 4th quarter with all their blowouts. You cant get hurt from the bench. I dont care what the computer says, its common sense. Its just not the same as a major conference schedule. I still think they are an elite team, but there are many so called elite teams. Only two get to play in the championship and if Boise is 9-2 or even 10-1 in a major conference they very likely get left out, as do 8 or 9 other so called elite teams. They would still be a top 10-15 program, they just wouldnt get a shot at the title, thats all. And IMHO I think Gee meant the same thing.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Board Icon

So then with TCU moving to the Big East after next season, does that suddenly make them a power player when they go undefeated and run roughshod over everyone? It is a BCS conference, albeit as far as football it's below the MWC and the WAC right now but watch how the talking heads gush over how great TCU is and how much they deserve a shot at the title for hammering all their in conference teams. They will claim the Big East is tougher than the MWC was when TCU was there even though we all know different.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

To tell you the truth I dont know much about TCU. I know they sucked when they were in the SWC. Dont you think its "odd" they got good in the CUSA and MWC? I'm really not impressed based on my admittedly little knowledge. It looks like they might end up in the Rose Bowl against Wisky. I guess we'll find out more then. Too bad TCU and Boise played each other last year, with BTW Boise winning. Would've been nice to see them play ahem cough cough..."someone else".
Old 11-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
BTW, TCU is going to the Big Least as a full member........I mean that conference also known as the Big East which isn't so big these days in football. Next season will be their last in the MWC.
I think their crazy. If they wanted some "respectability" they should find a "respectable" conference. Unless they aren't being asked and they are just looking for "a way in" to the big dance. Maybe their not so crazy.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Board Icon

And your right Snowman, I wish they hadn't been forced to play one another last year in a BCS game. Had they both won, they would have had a huge beef with the BCS coming into this season. The BCS basically screwed them over without vaseline by making them play one another. I can't wait if TCU does get to face Wisconsin in the Rose. The Badger offense is unreal right now against one of the best D's in the country, should be a great game.

Rob, this is a great move by TCU. They got left holding the bag with the Pac-10 and Big Ten expansion. Everyone knows the Big 12 closed their doors to asking anyone else to join to replace the teams leaving. The Big East was the only conference looking to expand, by 2 teams, why not jump in and get your foot in the door with a biggie conference? They were approached by the BE after former alum and current Pitt basketball coach Jamie Dixon tossed their name in the hat. It was a unanimous decision to send TCU an invite. They are guaranteed a shot at a BCS game every year now by just winning the BE and they will make even more money with a better TV contract and bigger name conference in all sports. If in a couple of years another bigger conference comes calling, like the Big 12, they can jump over there but this is where they will start out and build their resume from.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Board Icon

It's so strange to me that TCU is going to the Big East. Guess that will give them better BCS chances?

Cam Newton is eligible to play this Saturday. They said that there was no evidence of him knowing what his dad did. How could he not know? Was his dad really that secretive when he went to MSU wanting money? The whole thing sounds weird.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 12-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Board Icon

Cam Newton lied thru his teeth to the NCAA and they have no way of calling his bluff, chickens. He is ineligible by the NCAA's own rule. It doesn't have a section that says it's ok as long as the player doesn't know, it's very clear cut, don't do it or the player will be punished. If he wasn't in on it, they why did he not sign with the Bulldogs? He loves Dan Mullen, his dad didn't but Cam loved him while at Florida with him. How did his dad's church get fixed overnight when the congregation had no way of getting the money together? It was in the reported neighborhood of $150-200K to bring the church up to code. Someone paid something to get him to Auburn.

Yes, for TCU this helps their BCS case. They are guaranteed a BCS game by winning the Big East. If the Harris voters and BCS computers really feel the level of play is much better in the biggie conferences then this will help TCU's case if they run the table and blow out everyone in the Big East. It would be impossible to keep them out of the title game.

Last edited by Mr. Ford95; 12-04-2010 at 02:38 PM.