User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 04:13 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
Bill Curry is Georgia State's coach. Is that the same Bill Curry that is/was a commentator on college games?
That's him. How bout LSU? I couldn't believe it. Les Miles has got to be one of the luckiest coaches in the history of coaches. I'd like to know how many last second scores his teams have had to win a game. I couldn't stand him when he was at OSU and I still don't like him.

Your right about Baylor and OU. I do have to give it up though, OU came to play on the road, finally. Bedlam next week will be crazy. I think College Gameday is going to be there. I think all of the top 10 teams that played today were down and came back and won, not sure though. The Nebraska, A&M game was pretty good. IF OU beats OSU next week I think OU get's to the Big 12 championship game. I think A&M will beat Texas next week. I think the North is either Missouri or Nebraska, I need to check up on all of the scenerios. Some great games and scenerios at the end of this year.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Board Icon

Georgia St is a small school in suburban Atlanta, they normally play in the CAA conference in all other sports. The CAA just started football and joined forces with the A-10 but has not offered GSU an invite for football yet. Georgia St is going to be a pretty good team in 2A in a few year's. They played right with Bama for the first 10 minutes before the game got away from them. Curry is a great coach to get the program off the ground from being a club sport to a real NCAA team. They have a freshman at QB and have some speedsters in the skill positions. bright future for them against the Appy St's and JMU's.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertt View Post
That's him. How bout LSU? I couldn't believe it. Les Miles has got to be one of the luckiest coaches in the history of coaches. I'd like to know how many last second scores his teams have had to win a game. I couldn't stand him when he was at OSU and I still don't like him.

Your right about Baylor and OU. I do have to give it up though, OU came to play on the road, finally. Bedlam next week will be crazy. I think College Gameday is going to be there. I think all of the top 10 teams that played today were down and came back and won, not sure though. The Nebraska, A&M game was pretty good. IF OU beats OSU next week I think OU get's to the Big 12 championship game. I think A&M will beat Texas next week. I think the North is either Missouri or Nebraska, I need to check up on all of the scenerios. Some great games and scenerios at the end of this year.
I was thinking that was the same Curry....
The Big 12 is crazy. It usually is, but there are a lot more ranked teams this year other than OU, Ok St, Texas. Wait, Texas aint ranked. See? It's crazy this year. :lol:
I think A&M will blow Texas out of the tub. Especially in College Station. If it was in Austin, UT might have a chance, but A&M has done too well this year. I think they actually have a football team. :hellno: Sherman has made a difference.
As far as Bedlam goes?... I'm not about to touch that. I would normally say OU.. but at the same time, I would normally say Ok State. The game is in Stillwater this year? Dag gum, I just don't know. It's gonna be a good one!!!
The Iron Bowl will also be good.
Yeah,.. Les Miles the mad hatter... river boat gambler.. He pulled off a good one! I have no idea how they won. Ole Miss should have had that one! :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Georgia St is a small school in suburban Atlanta, they normally play in the CAA conference in all other sports. The CAA just started football and joined forces with the A-10 but has not offered GSU an invite for football yet. Georgia St is going to be a pretty good team in 2A in a few year's. They played right with Bama for the first 10 minutes before the game got away from them. Curry is a great coach to get the program off the ground from being a club sport to a real NCAA team. They have a freshman at QB and have some speedsters in the skill positions. bright future for them against the Appy St's and JMU's.
That's basically what they said on the radio, before the game started. All afternoon on Thursday, I was like.. who in the world is Georgia St????? :lol: They talked about it on the pre game. Quite interesting!! :thumbsup:

Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Senior Board Member

It's going to be a GREAT weekend for college football, starting Friday. I can't wait. It will be interesting to see what we are talking about on Monday.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Board Icon

Will Texas get Bowl eligible this week after struggling for 3 quarters against lowly Florida Atlantic? Amazing how a team can go out and beat Nebraska in Lincoln, thoroughly out play them and yet is looking at a losing record and no Bowl game this year. They even played right with OU before ultimately losing that game. All I can do is laugh at Mack Brown's struggles, serves him right finally, his former school that he jumped ship from to go lead Texas is Bowl eligible and he isn't, hahahahaha.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Board Icon

A bunch of my friends are Texas fans. They think the sky is falling. :lol:
Like I told them, in a year or 2, Texas will be hard at it. They are young this year, and give them another year or 2.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

OK so Gordon Gee says BSU wouldn't go undefeated in the Big Ten or SEC and they dont deserve to play in the championship. I thought it was a bold and disrespectful thing to say publicly (even though I agree with it). BSU's president then gets all butt hurt and defensive (which he should). Then BSU promptly goes out and loses to Nevada. Point proven. Look BSU is a damn good football team. They CAN play with anybody. But it's very difficult to face teams like Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, Florida, Auburn, So Carolina, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, Michigan State and yes even Michigan week after week every year and not lose some games along the way. Sorry but its a fact. Even the bottom half of the league can beat you on any given day, look at Tennessee, Ole Miss, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern. The same is true of the Pac 10 and Big 12. Let me repeat, BSU is a damn good football team but going undefeated in the WAC is just not the same thing. And its a little tainted when you try and say they are better than a couple big school 1 loss teams. Now that they have lost let me ask you this. If there was an 8 team playoff system would you even pick them? You already have Oregon, Auburn, TCU, and for 1 loss teams you have LSU, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Stanford, Michigan State and Oklahoma State. There are even some pretty good 2 loss teams out there. I would understand if they were included in an 8 team playoff but if it was my decision they'd be left out. I see them as a very good top 15-20 program. Which is still pretty good and of course they COULD beat anybody anyday but not everybody everyday. Just think what Auburn had to do on the road in the "Iron Bowl" against the defending National Champs no less. Oregeon still has the Civil War against a team that knows them as well as anyone. BSU just doesnt have to deal with games like that year after year after year. They couldnt even overcome Nevada in a hostile environment.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Board Icon

Gee is completely wrong and an idiot. He even admitted in the first sentence out of his mouth that he knows nothing about football. If you know nothing then keep your mouth shut instead of removing all doubt about yourself. It's just as hard to go thru the WAC or MWC right now as it is the Big Ten or Big 12. Last night proved that, it did not prove him and his view right. Nevada is a good football team, very good, just ask Cal who got hammered by them and now Boise. TCU barely escaped a real good San Diego St team, does that mean TCU and the level of competition in the MWC is crap? No, it means that it's just as tough. Give Utah 2-3 years in the Pac-10 to get their bearings and recruiting together and I bet they are near the top.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Here's the top 5 in the SEC, Big 10

Auburn
LSU
Alabama
Arkansas
South Carolina

Wisconsin
Ohio State
Michigan State
Iowa
Penn State

Do you seriously think the top 5 of the WAC are anywhere close?

Nevada
Boise State
Hawaii
Fresno State
Louisiana Tech

If so then you're out of your friggin mind. Same thing with TCU. These teams would go 9-2, 8-3 in a tougher conferance. Still very good teams, just not undefeated teams worthy of mention in a National Championship game that's all. As for Gee, he was proven correct in less than 48 hours. Sure Nevada is good, I'll give you that. But it's still only ONE team. Try doing 4,5, or 6 times a year. It takes its toll. Boise wasnt up to the task in the WAC, no way they even come close in the SEC. Period.