User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OK, post the real numbers and don't leave out your senior citizen discount either!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outta here
Merrick, I hope you didn't take that wrong. I meant it as a positive thing, a different approach. When you're new at what you're doing and have all the resources available such as these guys on here, I'd certainly be asking for as much help as I could also. And I'd need it too.
If you don't, you sink with the ship.
Best of luck to you.
Steve
No I didn't take it wrong at all; I knew what you meant and appreciate your words. I was just waxing philosophical I guess . Too much time on my hands today. Thanks again for your words, though, as I said I appreciate it.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
OK, I'm going for Reeses Cups, anyone want some? I'll post the numbers when I get back on what it cost me.
I for one am betting you have NO idea how to eat Reese Cups without getting chocolate on your fingers. (which over a years time is probably costing you at least 2 Reese Cups)
Old 11-04-2007, 09:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon
Quote:
And by the way. You may want to change your picture. The Dog is in a world of trouble right now
So someone help me...who is the picture of?
Dog the Bounty Hunter. Steve doesn't get why BD has it as an avatar. Pity. :roll:
8)
Old 11-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
OK, post the real numbers and don't leave out your senior citizen discount either!
Well, lets see. I dead headed out to pick up my load and turned out to be about 1200 feet. Not a bad trip and not much traffic until I got close to my pickup point. The walkway was a little slick from some leaking oil and I could not use my sneaker brake for fear of my rear end sliding out.

Came to an intersection which was pretty busy as this was the entrance to the wharehouse. Wouldn't you know it, a Mexican walker came flying out on the wrong side and I was forced onto the grass. Not much damage was done and nobody saw me so I just kept going.

Made it inside and walkers everywhere. I turn left then right then left, it was absolute madness. I almost rear ended some cutie when she just stopped dead for no reason at all. Some young rookie chick I think. She had "Juicy P.H." written on her rear end.

I see the shipper and he tells me my load is in isle number 3. I turn in but it's blocked by 2 oversized loads. I back up and figure I'll head down the next isle then back up again so it's cool.

I arrive at the dock and pick up my shipment but hit the mens room first as I know there's a scale in there. Wouldn't ya know it, I'm over weight. So I drain a little fuel and rescale and everything ok.

Off to the shipping office and I'm on my way. It's clear sailing the rest of the way although I lost about 1/2 the shipment during the trip. This is very common for me so it's like no big surprise.

All in all a good trip and it cost me $1.37. Between the cost of dead heading out, pulling the load back and the cost of fuel, well, I have no idea how much I made. I know I have $.63 cents left in my pocket, a full belly and the bills are paid so I must be doing good.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
Well, lets see. I dead headed out to pick up my load and turned out to be about 1200 feet. Not a bad trip and not much traffic until I got close to my pickup point. The walkway was a little slick from some leaking oil and I could not use my sneaker brake for fear of my rear end sliding out.

Came to an intersection which was pretty busy as this was the entrance to the wharehouse. Wouldn't you know it, a Mexican walker came flying out on the wrong side and I was forced onto the grass. Not much damage was done and nobody saw me so I just kept going.

Made it inside and walkers everywhere. I turn left then right then left, it was absolute madness. I almost rear ended some cutie when she just stopped dead for no reason at all. Some young rookie chick I think. She had "Juicy P.H." written on her rear end.

I see the shipper and he tells me my load is in isle number 3. I turn in but it's blocked by 2 oversized loads. I back up and figure I'll head down the next isle then back up again so it's cool.

I arrive at the dock and pick up my shipment but hit the mens room first as I know there's a scale in there. Wouldn't ya know it, I'm over weight. So I drain a little fuel and rescale and everything ok.

Off to the shipping office and I'm on my way. It's clear sailing the rest of the way although I lost about 1/2 the shipment during the trip. This is very common for me so it's like no big surprise.

All in all a good trip and it cost me $1.37. Between the cost of dead heading out, pulling the load back and the cost of fuel, well, I have no idea how much I made. I know I have $.63 cents left in my pocket, a full belly and the bills are paid so I must be doing good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :wink:

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 11-04-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP
I for one am betting you have NO idea how to eat Reese Cups without getting chocolate on your fingers. (which over a years time is probably costing you at least 2 Reese Cups)
That's just the cost of learning the ropes. You get a little chocolate here, a little there but all you can do is try not to get it on your pants. It's the price you pay for jumping into the fire. Sure, people are going to laugh and ridicule you for getting that chocolate on the back of your pants. They think one thing but you know what's really going on.

I may get some on my fingers but I'm use to taking a licking. Half a load of Reeses is better than non at all. And if I can get it cheap, you bet I'm gonna take it.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Got some time on our hands eh Steve?

Hmm [sound of pencil sharpening] ...63 cents for 1200 ft; well that's $2.77 a mile. Not bad bucko 8)
Old 11-04-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:

Hmm [sound of pencil sharpening] ...63 cents for 1200 ft; well that's $2.77 a mile. Not bad bucko 8)
Yes, lots of time on my hands until tomorrow morning. I just verified your numbers and they are correct and you talk about me having too much time!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

No no no, thats 1200 ft ONE WAY! It was 2400 feet total and then that figure goes way down to $1.38 for all miles. I personally would have never hauled that load for less than $9 a mile.