User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Steve,
What I meant was I know you love flatbed, I think I'd be the same way. But over the year have you ever said to yourself, I wish I had a step deck for this load or would a step deck been of more or less value to you. Would a step deck have gotten you any better loads or don't you pay that much attention?
Steve
Old 10-29-2007, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Steve where the hell do you park here in Washington? I'm heading to Kent. I am going to try the Flying J in Tacoma in the AM. I should have stayed at the one at exit 109 but even though I don't have to be there til Tuesday I can't relax until I'm near where I need to be. The T/A at exit 34 was full. I'm in front of some bar now and guess will stay here til morning. (Outside of it I mean; I don't drink)
Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I plan to shut down in Boise today around 3 then head into Washington tomorrow and drop my load off then head to Jubitz for a day off.
Washington? I thought you were looking for a load out of Portland?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:43 AM
Board Regular

Quote:

There was a guy on the CB here at the truck stop selling his CB for $35 bucks. It sounded great and someone pulled off the highway right away and said they would buy it. Before the guy got here he asked why he was selling it and he said he ran into mechanical problems and was hungry. This guy was sincere. A bunch of us offered to give him money but he wouldn't take it. Felt pretty bad.
That is so sad. I feel for the guy.

I ran out of fuel, I missed my stop and forgot to stop again LOL, on night in eastern OR and the minute I got on the CB I had a lot of people help. So I pulled in to a rest stop as my truck sputtered in and out and it took knocking on windows at night in a rest stop for 20 minutes to get some help. Final I got a guy who pulled bucket load out of his truck to help my get off to a fuel stop down the road. He was from twin falls driving his in las cab over. What was really messed up was I had no cash only credit card with me. LOL O the good times I don't miss.
All the company drivers I asked were like hell no I ain't giving you any fuel. It was the low point of my trucking career as an OO. That was the last load my truck pulled......

I'm gonna go watch some tv now on my nice warn couch and get ready for work tomorrow. We get to have a safety meeting a Elmer's in the AM! Yahoo! free breakfast and were getting paid for being there. I really don't miss my truck on days like that.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:57 AM
Senior Board Member

I was at the reststop this morning a few miles from Idaho in Montana. I was releasing the air from the airdryer and this guy came up to me and said something about me being from Florida. Turns out he was from South Florida too. He had a German accent so it was hard to understand him but he was driving a pickup with a nice RV behind it. I guess he has a job pulling those things. He told me he just lost his house last month in a foreclosure.

He sleeps in the back of the pickup and makes anywhere from a $1.00 a mile to $1.13 which when you think of it, he must be getting a hell of a lot more mpg then we do. Then in Post Falls, ID I think it was, I noticed somemore pickups with what looked like the same company on the side and pulling RV's. A lot of sad stories out here I guess.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
Quote:
I plan to shut down in Boise today around 3 then head into Washington tomorrow and drop my load off then head to Jubitz for a day off.
I am. I'm just delivering over the border into Washington then heading back to Portland to the Jubitz truck stop.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outta here
Steve,
What I meant was I know you love flatbed, I think I'd be the same way. But over the year have you ever said to yourself, I wish I had a step deck for this load or would a step deck been of more or less value to you. Would a step deck have gotten you any better loads or don't you pay that much attention?
Steve
I really don't know because I've never checked the load boards for anything other than a flatbed.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrick4
Steve where the hell do you park here in Washington? I'm heading to Kent. I am going to try the Flying J in Tacoma in the AM. I should have stayed at the one at exit 109 but even though I don't have to be there til Tuesday I can't relax until I'm near where I need to be. The T/A at exit 34 was full. I'm in front of some bar now and guess will stay here til morning. (Outside of it I mean; I don't drink)
Not sure where to park. I'm just heading in to unload then back into Portland to the Jubitz truck stop.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
Quote:
I am. I'm just delivering over the border into Washington then heading back to Portland to the Jubitz truck stop.
ok gotcha. Taking Tues off & ready to load Wed AM?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Yup, I could load Tuesday. I'm ahead of schedule so I'm unloading this morning instead of tomorrow morning.

I'm only about 200 miles away. It's 9:30 my time but 6:30 their time. Just had a little snooze, having coffee then off I go for the last leg. The temperature dropped like a rock while I was sleeping.
Closed Thread