User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo
If some of you wanted to nod your head and say, "see... God works in mysterious ways" or something.... I could not totally debate the thought. After all... I was the one who often told myself that I was not in a position to offer her anything if I found her. Now I am. And NOW I found her.

The implications of that are not lost on me.
Good...we'll work on your liberal disease next. ( though I doubt even God holds much hope there...yer pretty far gone, ya know? )

Last edited by Roadhog; 06-05-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Good...we'll work on your liberal disease next. ( though I doubt even God holds much hope there...yer pretty far gone, ya know? )
So... you DOUBT God? Are not "all things possible" through him? Just sayin'.

Don't forget.... Jesus was a Liberal! LOL.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Board Icon

No... I just don't think we should ask for a miracle.
I'm hoping we're still talking rescue, and not recovery...

Old 06-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
No... I just don't think we should ask for a miracle.
I'm hoping we're still talking rescue, and not recovery...
LOL! I get the joke, Hog. And I have to say, given our history, I am impressed with your "fidelity" to the "commission" of your faith. Lesser men (or Christians) would have given up on me long ago. I actually believe that you MEAN what you said.

I have tried to remain "agnostic" on the religion issue. I am not yet willing to jump to the atheist camp. But, it is hard because I don't believe in being a "fence sitter," either. I think it is a cop-out to "pretend" to be agnostic if you really no longer believe. And I just can't quite muster the "belief" that some of you have.

I could SAY I believe... just to cover my butt. But, I don't believe that false claims are worthy of a man who values his word and principles. And, I know from scripture that it would gain me nothing. [If it is all true.]

I could not BE a "practicing" Catholic or Baptist. I can't just "do the thing" on Sundays and pretend that I am covered when I die. I'm kinda an "all in" type of guy. But, I'm not dogmatic. I understand that there is a "possibility or probability" that I am wrong. As I've always said.... I'm a Centrist.

I have not forgotten the conversations between you and Twilight about how I could be a power for good if I could be "convinced." I'm not sure any of you would like me any better if I were. I'd be stepping all over your toes on a regular basis! LOL! Did I ever tell you that at one time I thought I was "called" to be a preacher?

I apologize for going so far off topic (in my own thread.) As you said, on THIS thread we are friends, and I feel more comfortable talking about myself here. It will probably come back to bite me in the azz.

But, it feels good.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Board Icon

It's kinda simple...
the godless worry about what everyone else thinks.
A Christian only worry's about what God thinks.

This world is presently ruled and influenced by Satan, and that is why we have all this chaos and division going on.

You might be surprised to know I have a problem with all the churches and faiths, and view them as false.
The Christianity I follow does not have an earthy church building. My faith is as much the old testament, as the new. Both are extremely relevant and alive, and hold keys most will never be given in this age. Most are not called right now. I mean it... the number of individuals God is working with today, is a very small number. They will be the First Fruits, and a part of God's government, once Christ returns and takes the throne from Satan. Gods' government is in a nut shell. modeled on the Family.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
God's government is in a nut shell. modeled on the Family.
Then I am doomed. I respect my father SO very much for what he IS and what he has done... but, I don't "honor" him in the way I live my life. I love my mother, but... I don't do things for her like I should. [She understands that.] I certainly did NOT put my daughter and my wife above my own ideals and requirements for my "family."

I gave UP on having a family, and all that entails. There will be no one left to attend my funeral.

If I believe what you say, then I condemn myself. If I choose to disbelieve it... YOU (or your belief) condemn me.

Quote:
This world is presently ruled and influenced by Satan, and that is why we have all this chaos and division going on.
And, if you are wrong? Then there must be another reason for all the chaos and division. We can sit back and say that it is all part of "God's plan," or we can face reality and DEAL with the problem ourselves.

Just food for thought.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Board Icon

I know I make it sound pretty blunt.
We all have a purpose though, and it would take a bit to explain.
Until we live under Christ's rule, only a few will be called in this life, to bare the witness.
There is a good reason for that... it's a pretty dangerous job, ...one, no sane man would want.

We live under Satan's rule... so think about this, Satan wants to distort all of God's ways.
What would he attack most? God's very foundation of governing... the family structure.
We are all part of God's family, but none of us are going to be able to live in a pleasing way to God, under Satan's rule.
Satan can influence us in the most powerful or subtle ways...so much so... God says Satan will deceive the whole world.
The family is torn apart, because it's the foundation of God, and it effects all life on earth.

It allows people to "blame" God for all this madness... but the madness is not coming from God.

What else would be great to distort and make a complete joke? The Church.
That is why we have so many churches, when there is suppose to be only one True Church.
It makes Christianity look foolish and nothing but nonsense.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Then I am doomed. I respect my father SO very much for what he IS and what he has done... but, I don't "honor" him in the way I live my life. I love my mother, but... I don't do things for her like I should. [She understands that.] I certainly did NOT put my daughter and my wife above my own ideals and requirements for my "family."

I gave UP on having a family, and all that entails. There will be no one left to attend my funeral.

If I believe what you say, then I condemn myself. If I choose to disbelieve it... YOU (or your belief) condemn me.
None of us can measure up to the standards we feel are basic Christian behavior. For one thing, as mortals, we are only in the infant stage, and we are totally dependent upon God. You don't hold a baby accountable for anything.

God is also not calling many right now to service. Our basic job regardless of who we are or what we believe, is to just live. Imagine the lives of billions who can testify to everything that happened under Satan's rule, from Adam and Eve to the last person. Think of this as a court case. Right now, Satan is presenting his works and deeds. God tells us, that means all Hell is going to break loose. The closer Satan gets to the end of his case, the more angry and violent he will become. Satan already knows the end of the story, and the evidence to his guilt will be overwhelming.

Man has only been on earth for about 7,000 years. Satan wants you to think we evolved from pond scum. Our ancestors were stinking monkeys, and we slowly evolved over millions of years. What a punk POS, eh? All part of Satan's hate for God and us, and he definitely does not want us to know God or how to please Him.

The earth is millions of years old, and Satan has ruled earth all that time, beginning when he was Lucifer, and long before he become corrupted. The battle that cast him and the fallen angels to earth happened millions of years ago. You will find bones dating back that far, but they are not human bones.

All our greatest minds in science and theology equate to a drooling spacktard.

Old 06-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Senior Board Member

The problem with debating the topics of God and religion is that there is no way to prove anything. You either believe or you don't believe, which is the definition of faith.

Roadhog, if I were a praying man, which I no longer am, I would be praying for the miraculous conversion of Hobo into a Conservative. It's frustrating to see a "thinking man" playing for the wrong team.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Board Icon

I think the point I'm making is, most of this is beyond our purpose right now. We are to live each day the best we can, but whether you are religious or not, doesn't matter right now. All the religions are absolutely nuts, and offend God. The madness has a source, and I think most of us know the source, but it's like the "name we don't speak."

Any religion would be impossible to prove within this arena, but oddly no one has been able to disprove Holy Scripture. I feel I've been shown just enough to see through some of the crap, and with the knowledge I feel much stronger faith and conviction. I think I reached a point, I nearly had the bejesus scared out of me. If you don't have a calling...and you don't belong there, things can get real costly, when you aren't given the purpose to serve.

I think we all know truth deep inside. There is something to this, but looking at the big picture, I think only a few will actually be called to serve right now.... and if you think about that... it's a huge blessing most of us are not being asked.

I didn't mean for this to go too far religious, and it all started because I'm concerned Hobo's brain is nearly rotten.

Turning this back on topic, family is sacred, and prayers and wishes in that regard i feel God may bless, if we ask.
This life is all about family, I think. That is enough for us all to cling to with all our might.