User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo

:lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up, Darlin!! Don't take this wrong, but you sound like Ellie Mae on the Hillbillies!! :lol: :lol:

Pretty close. I was/am the worst/best tomboy! I grew up on a farm. Dad was USMC Chaplain. The only other girls in the area were my little sisters. I was always with the boys and could out hunt, out fish out ride, out run, and out fight any of them!

Yeah, I came to that realization, too! But, it was real HARD to let go, because I really DID love her. It was a feeling I had NEVER had, not even in my marriage! :shock:

Been there too! Lost nearly everything because of this guy, including myself for awhile.

Oh.... I'm quite REAL!!! But, THAT's not working, either!! :lol: :lol:

It does feel that way sometimes! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Little hint.. NEVER pray for patience! :wink:

Did you read my earlier post on this thread about "MEN LIE!" ?? Men and women are pretty much the SAME in this regard! I've always wondered why something that was SO imperative to the survival of the species had to be the most DIFFICULT of all interpersonal relationships!! :roll:

You guys really all want Donna Reed, in the kitchen baking cookies? I think I was born in the wrong century, I would have made a good Pioneer wife. You know where the guy wasn't constantly underfoot and compaining about how unfair life can be. :roll:

I heard a guy on TV one night say the same thing in a very powerful way... "What we WILL tolerate, we CANNOT change!" Now, I gotta go to MORE therapy!! :lol: :lol:

It's very true!!! Have to admit, at one time in my life I went to therapy for a couple of months. I got fed up with being told I was "entitled" to express my feelings however & whenever I felt the need to. So I quit. I don't need any help being selfish! :wink:

Wouldn't want you to change a THING for me, Darlin!! Unless of course.... well, you know....... :wink:

I think I'm too old to change and learned my lesson about changing to fit someone else's idea of who I should be. Oh Honey, I'm not you type, I have a fat azz and that ain't changin' either! :wink: :twisted:

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Board Icon

JackRabbit said:

Quote:
I always wished I was a geek.
Granted..... but NOW all the women who are "after" you have fat butts!! :shock:

Oh, sorry!...... Wrong thread/forum. :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Board Icon

Dad was USMC Chaplain.

Holy COW!!! A marine AND a preacher??? I thought "I" had it bad! :lol:

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Little hint.. NEVER pray for patience! :wink:

Another of my favorite quotes! I prayed for money.... didn't work! NOW, I only pray for "understanding."

You guys really all want Donna Reed, in the kitchen baking cookies? I think I was born in the wrong century, I would have made a good Pioneer wife. You know where the guy wasn't constantly underfoot and compaining about how unfair life can be. :roll:

Me, too! I always thought I was a reincarnation of an 1850's mountain man. Yes, I would have LOVED to strap on a sixgun, and take a Henry out hunting! My soul is ONLY at peace when in the mountains! I am SO bored with the trappings and necessities of modern life! As long as there was a Tavern nearby, where I could "loosen" my tongue and have a good debate! I wouldn't have expected my wife to be Donna Reed.... but I WOULD have expected her to clean house if it mattered to HER! I don't "DO" housecleaning! :lol:

It's very true!!! Have to admit, at one time in my life I went to therapy for a couple of months. I got fed up with being told I was "entitled" to express my feelings however & whenever I felt the need to. So I quit. I don't need any help being selfish! :wink:

:lol: :lol: Can't help it.... the visual I'm getting is from "The Man From Snowy River" where Sigrid Thornton says, "Well, they want to make a LADY out of ME!" And Tom Burlinson says, "Well, they won't have any LUCK at THAT!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'm too old to change and learned my lesson about changing to fit someone else's idea of who I should be. Oh Honey, I'm not you type, I have a fat azz and that ain't changin' either! :wink: :twisted:

Well.... they SAY we are never too old to change! But, I think "they" are idiots! Actually, Darlin' I think you are JUST my type! As long as my eyes keep getting worse, some things could be overlooked! :lol:

Seriously..... I LOVE your honesty AND your spunk! I think we could be really good "friends!" :lol:

Getting back to the thread (like anyone cares!)..... The way to find an HONEST male trucker, is to BE HONEST!! AND.... to be smart! And, vice versa!! Like Darlin' says.... be TRUE to yourself.... and don't LOOK for what you don't WANT!!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo

Holy COW!!! A marine AND a preacher??? I thought "I" had it bad! :lol:

A Korean War vet. He left the ministry after witnessing the war. His parents were Missionaries in Africa in the 1920-30's. I grew up in the Church they they founded. Talk about living in a fishbowl! and I was always in trouble for something. Hence the Nickname Rebel, that's what Dad called me. Darlin' was what grandpa called me when I was in trouble. :twisted:

Another of my favorite quotes! I prayed for money.... didn't work! NOW, I only pray for "understanding."

Good Choice, things don't matter. They come and go!

Me, too! I always thought I was a reincarnation of an 1850's mountain man. Yes, I would have LOVED to strap on a sixgun, and take a Henry out hunting! My soul is ONLY at peace when in the mountains! I am SO bored with the trappings and necessities of modern life! As long as there was a Tavern nearby, where I could "loosen" my tongue and have a good debate! I wouldn't have expected my wife to be Donna Reed.... but I WOULD have expected her to clean house if it mattered to HER! I don't "DO" housecleaning! :lol:

Me Too! I lived is Missoula, MT, the only time I've ever been truly happy and content. I'm still trying to get back there.:wink:

:lol: :lol: Can't help it.... the visual I'm getting is from "The Man From Snowy River" where Sigrid Thornton says, "Well, they want to make a LADY out of ME!" And Tom Burlinson says, "Well, they won't have any LUCK at THAT!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my favorite movies, and so fitting. I turned 13 and was suddenly expected to "act like a young lady". I can only "act" for so long, then the real me comes out. Usually at a very inopportune moment! ops:

Well.... they SAY we are never too old to change! But, I think "they" are idiots! Actually, Darlin' I think you are JUST my type! As long as my eyes keep getting worse, some things could be overlooked! :lol:

Actually we do change, we adapt and overcome. I am beginning to mellow out, some things just aren't as important anymore. Five years ago I left a 6 figure income career, sold my house and completely downsized my life. The stress just wasn't worth it anymore. It had turned me into someone I didn't like anymore. I'm slowly getting back to being "me" .Just keep looking "up"! :wink:

Seriously..... I LOVE your honesty AND your spunk! I think we could be really good "friends!" :lol:

Really good friends are far and few between, but we could try.
Getting back to the thread (like anyone cares!)..... The way to find an HONEST male trucker, is to BE HONEST!! AND.... to be smart! And, vice versa!! Like Darlin' says.... be TRUE to yourself.... and don't LOOK for what you don't WANT!!

Sizzle is going to be in for quite the shock when she gets back. Sorry Sizzle!

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Senior Board Member

I would like to retitle this thread to" We Argued We Made up and We Fell N Friendship"

The Story of Golf and Darlin
as told by themselves

Care to debate the title. :P :lol: :wink:
Old 01-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
I would like to retitle this thread to" We Agrued We Made up and We Fell N Friendship"

The Story of Golf and Darlin
as told by themselves

Care to debate the title. :P :lol: :wink:
How about this...
" We Argued, We Made up and We Arm Wrestled by the Cement Pond" :wink: :wink:

I fell once...now if I can't get there on my own 2 feet, I don't go...

Abraham Lincoln

Old 01-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Board Icon

Oh.... Trukrswyfe.... you are priceless! Only YOU could mispell a word in LARGE type and color it RED! :lol:

Sorry, but I just HAD to "rib" ya! :lol:

Fact is.... we didn't stray SO far off the original theme! It was about being HONEST! I believe I have BEEN so, even at my own peril!

Yes.... I DO like to "push buttons" at times! I have found that it tends to bring out the honesty in others! I guess I'm just not happy unless I'm "arm wrestling" with SOMEONE! My life can be a bit boring at times.... with no woman here to aggravate me! :lol:

And, perhaps, I like "making up" as you suggested. I NEED to learn/experience humility! It makes me a BETTER person! I'm NOT perfect (but close enough to TASTE it!) :shock: :lol:

I don't know WHERE my life would BE right now without the internet, and the "family" that it provides! (You were RIGHT about THAT one on the list!) But, I'm not REALLY looking for Mrs. Hobo on a forum! THAT is all just fun and games! I calculate that I have spent 80% of my life ALONE... and I don't see that changing anytime soon!

The REST of you are "living" life..... I'm just TAKING NOTES!! Someday, I'll write a book, published posthumously of course! However, advance SALES could be an option! :wink:

Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks Hobo if it makes you laugh. I am not anal about spelling I subscribe to Slims spelling book club. Spelling is over rated....

If I can get my point across in the time I have to do it then I am good.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
Thanks Hobo if it makes you laugh. I am not anal about spelling I subscribe to Slims spelling book club. Spelling is over rated....

If I can get my point across in the time I have to do it then I am good.
I ARGEE!!! :wink:
Old 01-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member