LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
Hey the GFI...

Nice to see things worked out for DH. We have made our move back to OR so maybe we will run across your DH on our travels.

Getting used to a big company after being with a small co. SUCKS big time. I hope he does OK.

The idea about the straps is a good one. Bo was blown off of a 13 ft load way back when and he said to tell your DH "the older we get the less we bounce!!"

Good luck and be safe.

tootie
Thank you tootie! My husband knew not to expect the family type atmosphere he received at Davis Transport so he was not disappointed when he did not get it. I can tell he really misses the truck he had at Davis Transport also but he knew what to expect and has not set his expectations high in those aspects.

He really enjoyed coming home for the weekend and I think that and hopefully steady miles will be the big trade off. Time will tell and hopefully this hearing letter thing is nothing!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-07-2008, 04:15 PM

How big of a company is Arrow? It does not sound so good that the loads are shorter and the wait is the same. I hope it picks up for you soon.

Goin Fer It's Wife[/quote]

Arrow has about 1300 trucks I believe, maybe a little more. It is one of the larger totally flatbed companies. I am sure it will pick up, but it seemed that we slowed down earlier this year, I hope that means it will pick back up earlier in too!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Rookie

GFIW. Best of luck with System. My ex-girlfriends dad worked for them as an O/O for quite a few years and really enjoyed it. Worked there until he retired.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by married to the road
How big of a company is Arrow? It does not sound so good that the loads are shorter and the wait is the same. I hope it picks up for you soon.

Goin Fer It's Wife

Arrow has about 1300 trucks I believe, maybe a little more. It is one of the larger totally flatbed companies. I am sure it will pick up, but it seemed that we slowed down earlier this year, I hope that means it will pick back up earlier in too![/quote]

Arrow usually slows up in Aug and picks up in March-April. we have been gone from Arrow for over a year now. Bo usually ran East to West and avg about 3000+ miles a week

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 01-08-2008, 03:59 AM

I wouldn't worry about the letter, it sounds like a CYA move on Systems part, documenting a pre-existing condition to protect them from future litigation.
Did GFI even do a hearing test, y'know the official kind, or was this based upon a comment he may have made to the doctor?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottsATruckin
I wouldn't worry about the letter, it sounds like a CYA move on Systems part, documenting a pre-existing condition to protect them from future litigation.
Did GFI even do a hearing test, y'know the official kind, or was this based upon a comment he may have made to the doctor?

I hope you are right Rotts! This was an official test the letter was from the Occupational Health Solutions and it was the doctor who reviewed the test. The hearing doctor.

But that night they did sign off on him so I am hoping that is all it is!

He called and left two messages but she did not return his call today. Hopefully she will call tomorrow so he can find out exactly what her letter means.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04

Arrow usually slows up in Aug and picks up in March-April. we have been gone from Arrow for over a year now. Bo usually ran East to West and avg about 3000+ miles a week

tootie
Wow! Four or five months of good miles that would be scary :shock: I hope it super good and can sustain most through eight or nine months of the year!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Senior Board Member

My husband got a load today I will post the details tomorrow as I attempted to go up Nana's hill tonight I got stuck. Her hill is worse than ours :shock: but I had to try it tonight as tomorrow we are expecting seven more inches of snow. My van is still stuck there and hopefully it will not slide off the side of the mountain :shock: I was there for six hours attempting to get it unstuck.

Tomorrow I will see if my mom or step-dad have quick fit chains and if they do I will borrow them. My broke a few years ago!

I will need a set as if winter stays here I will have to chain up as the four wheel drive and studs will not get me up her hill and she will want to go shopping and need to do errands if winter stays until March.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by part time trucker
GFIW. Best of luck with System. My ex-girlfriends dad worked for them as an O/O for quite a few years and really enjoyed it. Worked there until he retired.
Thank you so much for your well wishes! We really hope things go well with System Transport for us!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Senior Board Member

I was one beat puppy yesterday! Being on Nana's hill really made me sore and tired so I did not update.

The snow did come up our way and the kids had a snow day today They liked it.

My husband after he made his drop in Boardman, Oregon was told to dead head to Portland to pick up a load. He picked it up in Washington just over the border. He is headed for Ephraim, Utah. He is suppose to drop tomorrow.

In Oregon he waited until almost noon today and then chained up right after he chained up they lifted the restriction. If he would have chained up in the early morning instead of waiting he would have had some miles in by noon.

I told him with System Transport he will have to get use to chaining up as he will mainly be in the NW states and there are going to be allot of times when he is not going to be able to wait out the weather since his runs are much shorter.

:shock: I think he was annoyed with me for telling him he is going to have to chain up and do whatever it takes as these loads are short and if he waits it will hurt him or he will not be back by the weekend. I know that System Transport does allot of runs to Seattle and that goes through the Snowqualmi (SP) Pass which is bad allot of times if there is any snow.

It is all a learning experience hopefully the right lessons are learned!

This load is 160 DH miles and 880 miles for a total of 1040 miles. It is a load that had had to be tarped and I believe he will get pick up and drop off pay!

Goin Fer It's Wife