User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello Goin fer it,

I never said I enjoyed living in Florida, I just took a bad situation and made it into a good one. I grew up in the mountains of Colorado at an elevation of 9500 feet waking up in the morning to 50 or more elk outside my bedroom window, the smell of winter in the air that begins around the first week or so of September, the sound of falling snow, the bitter quiet the next day after snowing for hours on end. I know it all to well and have very fond memories of it, However due to an ex wife with a crafty lawyer and my niave trust in her at the time of divorce I was forced to leave my home in order to be a part of my youngest daughters life. SO BE IT. I would not have it any other way as our bond is unbreakable and that in and of itself is enough to push a few buttons of my ex wife.... So it was well worth the change in life.
Hurricanes in Central Florida are just like a big wind storm, I have never boarded up for one and I never will, Life comes at you fast...
Yes we have big bugs in Florida you get used to them, the humidity sucks big time, hence why I have a swimming pool and air conditioning but it is only for 3 months or so, kind of like the last month or so of winter by March you will be tired of the snow and ready for the first days of spring when the air warms and you can drive with your windows open and smell the fresh flowers beginning to bloom.
there was never any intent to brag just a simple I am glad I dont have to deal with the snow. people always try to interpet email and postings by the words written not knowing the intent or mood of the writer at the time. It was just one of those great weekend days for me and my girls I was very content in life and happy with were I have gone... Life was good at that moment...
Your mishap with getting stuck brought back a memory for me when i was 20 and driving over Vail Pass in my Jeep the roads got bad and people were getting stuck I managed to get stopped and decided to chain up to finish getting to the summitt of the pass, one guy who got his subaru stuck asked me if I could pull him out of the median I had him hook up the chain and low and behold as I back out damn if his axle didnt follow...

Enjoy your spring time....

Timberwolf
Old 02-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Monday

My husband made his drop in Spokane then spent most of his day getting a load ready and bringing the trailer back to the yard for another driver to take up to Canada. By the end of the day he had a load to pick up Tuesday morning.

Tuesday

My husband's load took him from Spokane to Pullup and Woodenville Washington. The load was approximately 319 miles.

Wednesday

My husband picked up his four drop load in Kent Washington. This load took him to Yakima, Richland, Kennewick and ended in Walla Walla Washington. Three out of four of the drops were at Home Depots.

Thursday

My husband dead headed to Spokane and picked up some rail road ties. He will be dropping tomorrow morning in Port of Saint Helen in Oregon. He hopes he will pick up a load shortly after he delivers and one that will get him home at a decent hour.

This week has been much smoother for my husband with the weather being much more mild.

After all of the power blurps last week I lost track of the trips and actual miles that should be on this check. My husband said he would call payroll and see what we were going to get on this check to work with for our bills.
He called and left about three messages. No one from payroll bothered to even call him back. As he said "It sure isn't Davis" they were always very helpful in anyway they could be with us. At least a courtesy call to say I am sorry we can't help you would have been nice.

Oh well at least he is home on weekends or will be when he is not stuck on the pass. But it is not the same friendly helpful atmosphere that we had at Davis.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Senior Board Member

TimberWolf

You have my respect and admiration for loving your daughter enough to make that kind of move.

You will be a part of her memories as she is growing and she will always cherish those special memories with you!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Board Regular

Goin fer it wrote:

Quote:
Wednesday

My husband picked up his four drop load in Kent Washington. This load took him to Yakima, Richland, Kennewick and ended in Walla Walla Washington. Three out of four of the drops were at Home Depots.
Small world, I just delivered a load of insulation to the Home Depot in Yakima Tuesday morn. I would have waved If I knew he was around. I was still at the Gear Jammer TS when he went by on Wednesday.

Great thread by the way.

[email protected]
Old 02-15-2008, 07:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertruckerr
Goin fer it wrote:

Quote:
Wednesday

Small world, I just delivered a load of insulation to the Home Depot in Yakima Tuesday morn. I would have waved If I knew he was around. I was still at the Gear Jammer TS when he went by on Wednesday.

Great thread by the way.
Who do you drive for evertruckerr? Maybe next time you guys will be at Home Depot at the same time!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-16-2008, 04:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Monday

Tuesday

My husband's load took him from Spokane to Pullup and Woodenville Washington. The load was approximately 319 miles.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Not to sound picky, but it is Puyallup, pronounced pew-wal-up

I delivered insulation in Silverdale, Wa today and picked up GE appliances in Auburn, Wa. What is your husbands truck number? I see System trucks all the time around here.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

GFIW you said keep you informed of all that was going on with my newest little one here you go. Had the first ultrasound yesterday and everything wias ok. Baby will be born on Sept 12th by Scheduled C-section due to a prior problem wife had with our daughter not a problem there. Now the fun begins morning sickness hit with a VENGENCE this week and is not stopping yet. Gotten so bad Gatorade is her favorite drink.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:11 AM

Man how things can change in one day. This morning she was bitten by an asian lady beetle and suffered a Miscarrige. We will try again in a couple months and know that things happen for a reason.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Oh no man sorry to hear that.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Man how things can change in one day. This morning she was bitten by an asian lady beetle and suffered a Miscarrige. We will try again in a couple months and know that things happen for a reason.
Ow, serious downturn. My wife and I lost our first .. no given reason.. just one day it was there, the next, not.

Now, however, we have two teen-age boys. OTR looks *so* tempting these days, but I'm going to be asking for regional flatbed if/when I get hired. (still gotta get through school for my CDL, etc0

My wife and I have lived all over the country - from Key West to Kodiak Ak. If I had my druthers, I'd be back in Juneau, Ak.

GFIW - all I can say is, you go girl! Sounds like you've had it rougher than my wife and I, but things are starting to come together. Maybe if whoever I get on with sends me through Spokane, I'll wave at the hills for yah as I pass.

Keep on keeping us posted.