User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The history of your posts prove that with time and committment all things work out. You guys started out in a tough situation, kept your nose to the grindstone, and it seems you have turned the corner.

Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
After my husband dropped his load in Idaho he ended up dead heading back to Spokane. From Spokane he had another short Idaho run. And again he had to dead head back to Spokane.

I guess System Transport does not get a lot off loads out of those parts of Idaho. Then on Wednesday he basically went and picked up a couple of trailers and brought them back to the yard.

He came home on Wednesday night and spent the night here. Thursday he had a couple of local drops and I know that System Transport was going to pay him extra for those drops and for moving the trailers.

After he finished with the local drops he got a load going to Western Washington he dropped this load today and is already down in Oregon. He said he drove 500 miles today and he was tired.

I know he had much more to do but he is not driving that kind of miles daily anymore. It is a completely different routine than OTR as long as it meets our financial needs and he is home on weekends it is a good fit for us!

While the kids very much enjoy still seeing him he is not quite the super star he was when he was OTR when everything but Dad became non-existent when he was home (including me) because they missed him so much.

So I guess it is more of a normal atmosphere!

Goin Fer It's Wife
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Senior Board Member

It's been a while since an update. Anything new to report?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
It's been a while since an update. Anything new to report?
Hello Colin,

Nothing really new to report. My husband last week ping ponged back and forth to Montana to Seattle. This week was a little slower for him.

He is doing well at System Transport. He moves a lot more than he did with with Davis. He has been with System Transport for about 4 months now :shock: Hard to believe that time is flying by so fast.

He usually has to leave on Sunday afternoon so he can make his Monday morning drops. He doesn't mind as long as he can get early on Friday.

I am not working at the college anymore and I am looking for work again. I only worked at the college for three weeks I think they wanted to have a student that was working in office work through summer. I know the student help was paid much less than what they paid the agency I was working for.

Last week I had severe Vertigo and I thought it was some type of stomach flu. It was really bad and I could not even move my head. I found out it was a middle ear infection so I am attempting to get caught up with all my stuff.

We are planning a family vacation this year in Yellowstone. We know that we will not be able to do this type of thing with our son much longer since he will be seventeen in September. We have never been to Yellowstone. My husband went when he was a kid, so we are really looking forward to going!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 04-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
The history of your posts prove that with time and committment all things work out. You guys started out in a tough situation, kept your nose to the grindstone, and it seems you have turned the corner.

Congratulations.
Thank you mbadriver! It feels good to have peace and not worry! It was a rough start for sure.

I think Davis was really good to us and took us on when no one else would. I hope there is another Davis out there for someone else who may end up in a bad situation like we did. Sometimes all someone needs is a second chance.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 04-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Board Regular

Hi GFI'w

Glad to see you guys are still with Systems. I'll have to give Lee a buzz and get more info. I still hope to get on with Systems once I am released. Well I'll have to talk to the recruiter again about the run in CA. I recently spoke to a flatbed driver for swift who was running in a day cab. He told me was pulling a salary of $900 a week driving dedicated for the Lowes DC off the I 10 in Beaumont, about 15 miles from us.

I am going to Physical Therapy now for the past week and feel better now after 4 visits. They are having me work my core and my left shoulder. I then get a 10 minute message/stretch from the therapist which I think has really helped. My left arm can't pull more then 3lbs while my right can do 30-40lbs for awhile.

We are still down in So Cal and trying to keep our heads above the rising tide of debt. Workmans Comp checks sure don't go as far as a real paycheck. Its been a long five months of sitting at home. Funny how I always thought if I would win the lottery it would be nice to take some time off and sit around. Not anymore....to boring! I have to work :!:

Take care and will try to call you soon...

Paul
Old 04-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Hi GFI'w

Glad to see you guys are still with Systems. I'll have to give Lee a buzz and get more info. I still hope to get on with Systems once I am released. Well I'll have to talk to the recruiter again about the run in CA. I recently spoke to a flatbed driver for swift who was running in a day cab. He told me was pulling a salary of $900 a week driving dedicated for the Lowes DC off the I 10 in Beaumont, about 15 miles from us.

I am going to Physical Therapy now for the past week and feel better now after 4 visits. They are having me work my core and my left shoulder. I then get a 10 minute message/stretch from the therapist which I think has really helped. My left arm can't pull more then 3lbs while my right can do 30-40lbs for awhile.

We are still down in So Cal and trying to keep our heads above the rising tide of debt. Workmans Comp checks sure don't go as far as a real paycheck. Its been a long five months of sitting at home. Funny how I always thought if I would win the lottery it would be nice to take some time off and sit around. Not anymore....to boring! I have to work :!:

Take care and will try to call you soon...

Paul
Hey Paul,

Good to hear from you! I see from your post your still doing the rehab thing. Do they know how much longer you're going to be doing that? I'm sure it's driving you nuts just sitting around not being able to work. But it still looks like you have to build that arm strength up. Keep on pushing forward!

As far as systems goes talk with the recruiter when you get close to getting off workers comp. You might have to get some time and experience from your accident before they bring you on. That's the way it was with me. I had to get a year of driving under my belt from my incident before they brought me on. But talk with them and see what they say.

They keep me busy in the heavy haul division. I do mostly short runs, my longest runs have been between 700-1100 miles. But I get paid a higher cpm and along with tarp pay, stop pay, etc. I do alright. The pay is actually more consistent than when I was driving for Davis. I do a lot of runs from Seattle, Portland to Spokane, Missoula, Kalispell and Columbia Falls and points in between. The nice thing is that I'm home on the weekends, so I get to see my family more. Which is nice and I enjoyed that very much.

Anyway, keep on doing the rehab thing. If you have any questions about Systems give me a call. Take care.

Lee