User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hi GFI'w,

I'll be watching this thread closely....

I am still at home and had my Bone Scan today. Now just waiting for the results to be revealed to us on Jan 16th.

Good luck, Jen and I will talk to you soon...

pb
Old 01-04-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottsATruckin
I wish you all the best of luck in your new adventure, I have an acquaintance who is an O/O for System, he has a cabover and lives in Spokane and has told me he is quite happy with them, it’s not uncommon for me to see his truck as I drive by his home, he says he gets good miles and home time.
I had considered them once but for whatever reason chose my current company, my wifes boss was a dispatcher for System for 12 years and says it’s a good company to drive for, So will GFI be getting one of those comfy new Eagles they have?
Thank you Rotts! My husband also has a friend that is an O/O with System Transport he use to work for JJ Williams and was actually the one who talked us into trucking.

Do you ever see the Sage trucks on the I-90? Every time I see one I think about how long ago it was since those days! How long do you have in now Rotts? I know time sure does fly!

Keep in touch!

Goin Fer It's Wife
It’s good to hear GFI is back on the road again, I saw a Sage truck twice, a quick wave was all the time I had, I just spoke to Will last week (just checking in) I’ve been with W&S almost 9 months now, wow has time flown.
Freight has definitely NOT been slow for me, I’ve had pre-plans all month with most runs about 1800-2000 miles, I drove in all that terrible winter weather last month and finally got a good South/West run, now I’m in L A and see nasty weather just to the North, Drive safe everyone!
Old 01-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
And the saga continues........(all the best in 2008 to you and GFI !) If he gets down to I-80 here in Reno, I'll be looking for him. I'll be in the Savage Transport tanker (well at least 2 days a week).....
Thank you very much feederfred! And the best to you the Mrs and rest of your family for 2008!

If he is headed down your way I will let you know! There sure are allot more System Transport trucks than there were Davis Transport drivers.

I hope you like your new driving gig!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-04-2008, 06:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Hi GFI'w,

I'll be watching this thread closely....

I am still at home and had my Bone Scan today. Now just waiting for the results to be revealed to us on Jan 16th.

Good luck, Jen and I will talk to you soon...

pb
I am hoping everything is alright with you and you will be able to get on the road soon! Please keep us updated on everything!

Tell Jen hello and happy new year! Hope 2008 goes smoother for you two!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottsATruckin

It's good to hear GFI is back on the road again, I saw a Sage truck twice, a quick wave was all the time I had, I just spoke to Will last week (just checking in) I’ve been with W&S almost 9 months now, wow has time flown.
Freight has definitely NOT been slow for me, I’ve had pre-plans all month with most runs about 1800-2000 miles, I drove in all that terrible winter weather last month and finally got a good South/West run, now I’m in L A and see nasty weather just to the North, Drive safe everyone!
Will is a good guy! My husband stops in every once and a while! Now it will be longer for stopping in as he will not be parking his truck there anymore!

:shock: :shock: Nine months wow were did the time go? It is great to hear they are keeping you busy and you like the company! I am glad for you! Are you in there flatbed division now? If so how do you like it compared to the van?

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Senior Board Member

:cry: My husband did not sound to happy tonight when I spoke to him! He was fine earlier in the day but tonight he sounded tired and disgusted.

He said it took a while to get unloaded because of the amount of trucks in Seattle. Then he got a load to pick up in Everson Washington near the Canadian Border.

It was extremely windy there and he said his tarp blew off twice while he was attempting to tarp. I guess he has not had to tarp before in those conditions.

By the end of the day he only made it back down to the Seattle area. He is going to Smelterville, Idaho with this load.

I know tarping and going almost daily or every other day for pick up and drops is a new deal for him. I am sure it will all come to him as he gets the new routine down.

This trip is 480 miles.

He parked next to a System Driver last night that use to be a Davis Transport Driver also. This driver began a week before my husband did and was in the Northwest Division, I guess he was Canada eligible :?

Hopefully tomorrow will go smoother for my husband and by next week the routine will go smoother were he can pick up his loads early and drop sooner!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-04-2008, 02:27 PM

Hey GFI & W, :lol:

Glad to be along for the new adventures. Hopefully, things will smooth out for GFI. A new venture is always a little nerve racking in the beginning.
Looking forward to future posts.
I hope you all had a great Christmas and a great New Years day.

DD - also looking forward to the pics - after all it has been 2 days since you left, lol

Dewers - Prayfully hoping all is working out for you as you heal.

Stay safe everyone,

Al
Old 01-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerpreacher
Hey GFI & W, :lol:

Glad to be along for the new adventures. Hopefully, things will smooth out for GFI. A new venture is always a little nerve racking in the beginning.
Looking forward to future posts.
I hope you all had a great Christmas and a great New Years day.

DD - also looking forward to the pics - after all it has been 2 days since you left, lol

Dewers - Prayfully hoping all is working out for you as you heal.

Stay safe everyone,

Al
Thank you Truckpreacher, we are glad to have you along to share our new adventures. It is a different operation and many things will be done differently because of the short runs and it is heavy haul. I know he will be glad when it smooths out also!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Regarding yesterday and the tarping my husband said he has tarped in wind but nothing like what he had yesterday. He said he actually had to lay flat on top of the load when the gust came up just to keep the tarp from flying off again. :shock: Does not sound like fun to me.

It is around nine in the evening and he is just now on his way home. After his drop in Smelterville Idaho he dead headed into Spokane. He said there was a trailer there waiting for him for a Monday morning delivery. He had to hook up to it and secure the load. He said it was a hard load to secure and he had to do some shifting as it was not loaded right.

The bill for the load was suppose to be in the truck but it was not. He looked for it for a while. He said another driver came in and showed him another place to look when that happens and sure enough it was there.

As he gets to know the ins and outs of the company and the way things are done I am certain he will adapt and things will get easier!

The load for Monday will be going to Boardman Oregon miles for this trip are 240 miles. I do not know if he will leave Sunday or not I will have to talk to him tomorrow when he is not so tired and HUNGRY! I told him we ate already he said that was okay because he is hungry and was going to stop on the way home. I talked him out of it by telling him I saved a big steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli and salad! He said he wait until he gets home to eat!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 01-05-2008, 04:43 AM

I’ve been flatbedding for about 4 months now, I do like it much better than vans, OK other than tarping in bad weather, or good weather for that matter, speaking of which, I don’t know if your husband has tried this but it works for me…
In windy conditions I roll out my tarp over the load and then throw 2-3 straps over the tarp but leave about 8 inches of slack in them, then I can unfold the tarp and not have it blow off, the straps restrain the tarp but still allow you to unfold and straighten it out.