User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 02:44 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Okay... Ummmm..... Can we get an update plz....

Geeezzz Davis goes all O/O and the two threads I read slow down. Wait a minute is this part of the writers strike going on in Hollywood? :shock:

Paul
Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2
Okay... Ummmm..... Can we get an update plz....

Geeezzz Davis goes all O/O and the two threads I read slow down. Wait a minute is this part of the writers strike going on in Hollywood? :shock:

Paul
:lol: Okay! Sorry it took so long!

Hope you are out on the road soon again!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by part time trucker

Yes I am still hauling locally. I do not haul lumber with the company I am with now. I did before this company and all that lumber went to California. I think I like flatbedding better.
Mike
Are you planning on staying local?

My husband likes flat bedding far better than the short time he drove a dry van.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-26-2008, 06:54 AM
Senior Board Member

:sad: :cry: My husband sat today in the yard all day after dropping two loads this morning locally in Spokane. Basically it was a pre loaded trailer so there were no miles on these drops.

Last Friday because he made his drop in Arden just outside of Spokane they kept him in the Spokane area so he could get home at a decent hour if they had sent him anywhere else he would not have been home on the weekend.

Last Wednesday my husband made a drop in Smelterville Idaho then he was to pick up in Pablo Montana. It took him a while to get unloaded in Smelterville so he was unable or should I say he just missed the time at 2:30 before they stopped loading in Pablo. Since he had the rest of the afternoon to kill he stopped by Davis and visited in the office. He said there were no trucks there in the yard. He enjoyed the eclipse that evening in Montana.

Last Tuesday and Wednesday my little one came down with flu and then shared the love with me. I think we are all finished with it at least I hope so.

Friday I went with my son to his all school ski day but I only went down the mountain once because I was still really weak from being sick and I knew if I did much more I was going to be sick all weekend long. My son had a great time and I was really glad that he went.

Anyway last weeks miles were somewhat messed up because of the timing of things.

I know usually System Transport likes to have there drivers loaded up on Friday with a place to drop on Monday morning but this last week it did not work out that way.

I hope that things get back into the groove this week for my husband and that next week we will be back to getting good checks.

It is more consistent with the pay as I know every two weeks we will get something!!!

I am going to get to bed as I am starting a new assignment tomorrow morning it will be part time but this one will be going through September and will be full time when a person working there takes time off to have her baby!

It works for me for now as I can work and still have time to do things around here!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 03-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Senior Board Member

My husband left this afternoon to take his load to Mountain Home Idaho. It is due there in the morning.

Last week he could have come home for the night on Wednesday but I could not get him and bring him back in the morning.

This weekend he got his car running so now he will be able to bring himself home and drive himself into the yard.

So far I think System Transport is a good fit as he enjoys being home on the weekends and the money is good. Not the friendly home people type of atmosphere like at Davis but the trade off will benefit us more in the long run.

Tuesday I showed up at my new assignment. I was told by the temp agency I would be answering phones at the college. I thought it would be boring after a while but felt it was a job and I would take it.

So I get there and the girl who's place I will be filling in for is not there that day and the Director of the department is giving me an overview of the job. :shock: :shock: I have worked Tuesday through Friday and still have not answered one phone.

:P I am filling in and will be working as an Administrative Assistant to the Director of the Department. I think I will very much enjoy my time there and hopefully will be an asset while I am there to the department.

There is a great deal for me to learn so I have been busy. Still much of the ordering and some of the hiring students I have to learn all about. I should be getting my passwords tomorrow for my email and for the system.

I will be working with students in the department that helps students with disabilities. So things will not be the same on a daily bases.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 03-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

If you don't mind me asking, what college do you work for? Any chance of it becoming full-time? I here colleges have great benefits and offer discounts on tuition for children of employees. Or, maybe, the tuition is free if they choose to attend that college.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:

Yes I am still hauling locally. I do not haul lumber with the company I am with now. I did before this company and all that lumber went to California. I think I like flatbedding better.
Mike

My husband likes flat bedding far better than the short time he drove a dry van.

Goin Fer It's Wife
I plan on staying local for now. Have a 5yr old at home who is a daddy's girl. Doesn't like me being gone that much. I was able to take her and the wife with me on a run to the Bay area when i was still doing flatbed. She enjoyed it.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommee
If you don't mind me asking, what college do you work for? Any chance of it becoming full-time? I here colleges have great benefits and offer discounts on tuition for children of employees. Or, maybe, the tuition is free if they choose to attend that college.
The college I am working at is NIC North Idaho College. I will be full time in I believe August September and October. I am not currently a college employee but I am an employee from the temp agency.

As far as getting hired on with the college for good that is difficult to say. The position I am currently doing will not be available once the girl I am filling in for is done with her maternity leave. But if they really like me there and something else opens up and I like working there you never know....anything is possible.

This is a long term assignment so as I am ending the term I will know more.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 03-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:

Mike

Goin Fer It's Wife
I plan on staying local for now. Have a 5yr old at home who is a daddy's girl. Doesn't like me being gone that much. I was able to take her and the wife with me on a run to the Bay area when i was still doing flatbed. She enjoyed it.
That is understandable! Those little smiles and loves can really do it to you Enjoy while you can they grow up so darn fast!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 03-07-2008, 05:49 AM
Senior Board Member

After my husband dropped his load in Idaho he ended up dead heading back to Spokane. From Spokane he had another short Idaho run. And again he had to dead head back to Spokane.

I guess System Transport does not get a lot off loads out of those parts of Idaho. Then on Wednesday he basically went and picked up a couple of trailers and brought them back to the yard.

He came home on Wednesday night and spent the night here. Thursday he had a couple of local drops and I know that System Transport was going to pay him extra for those drops and for moving the trailers.

After he finished with the local drops he got a load going to Western Washington he dropped this load today and is already down in Oregon. He said he drove 500 miles today and he was tired.

I know he had much more to do but he is not driving that kind of miles daily anymore. It is a completely different routine than OTR as long as it meets our financial needs and he is home on weekends it is a good fit for us!

While the kids very much enjoy still seeing him he is not quite the super star he was when he was OTR when everything but Dad became non-existent when he was home (including me) because they missed him so much.

So I guess it is more of a normal atmosphere!

Goin Fer It's Wife