User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
I would also recommend Arlo G Lott and System. System would be the most similar to Davis. Lots of long haul flatbed routes with System. I'm mostly sure that AGL has a heavy haul division which might be cool for you guys. OR, WA, ID and MT only for heavy haul.
I was thinking that with Mercer, GFI would be seeing more of the house, would get to learn heavy-haul because Mercer Trucking is mostly Supper B and A-train, and his income would stay the same, even though fewer days away from home, or possably increase, with the run's into Canada he would be getting with Mercer. The guy's at Mercer that I used to know, were all happy campers $$$wise.

Now..System is larger than both Mercer Trucking and Arlo G Lott, so there is more BS to be dealt with there.
AGL and Doug Andrus are similar in size to Davis, except they do have the heavy haul side, with Super B's in their fleets.

Another company I didn't mention, for GFI to look into is LW Miller, in Logan UT. http://www.lwmiller.com/ No flatbed there anymore, but...great equipment, plus the benefit of new and exciting things to do...Tanks & Bull Racks especially !!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Senior Board Member

This thread appears to have been killed like Steve's last one. Might be too large. I show 57 pages and I'm at the setting where I see the most posts per page.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Rookie

Colin wrote:
This thread appears to have been killed like Steve's last one. Might be too large. I show 57 pages and I'm at the setting where I see the most posts per page.

And your point? :roll:

TMC is so far 197 pages or so and still going strong!
Old 11-29-2007, 10:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKtrucker
Colin wrote:

My point was related to the clicking on a thread update from e-mail only to find that "no post exists". Just like in Steve's thread when it got too large and 'something' happened so it was locked because clicking from an e-mail update no longer worked.

Last night I clicked on a thread update link for this thread and was directed to a post that does not exist. I accessed the thread from the master list of threads and found the same thing; page 57 had nothing on it yet was clickable from the main page. I clicked page 56 instead and found the missing post.

Were you jumping to conclusions about my post?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
So GFIW, I am sure you already know of news, so what is GFI going to do?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: We had no idea. We did not hear this rumor and this was the first thing we have heard about it.

If we had known or heard the rumor earlier my husband could have found out in October when he was home if he is eligible to go into Canada.

We will not lease on! We are not comfortable with that at this time. This really is not good news at all for us as it is only four weeks away and my husband is on the road.

Goin Fer It's Wife
GFIW, there really isn't any reason for you to panic. There are several decent companies that GFI can apply to. Right there in Spokane are, Mercer Trucking; http://www.mercertrucking.com/ and System Transport; http://www.systemtrans.com/. Further south you have in Boise ID, TransContinental Transport; http://www.tctboise.com/index.html, and in Jerome ID there is Arlo G. Lott, http://agltrucking.com/, and over in Idaho Falls ID there is Doug Andrus, http://www.dougandrus.com/.

In Missoula there is Jones Brother's Trucking, http://www.jonesbrotherstrucking.com/index.aspx

If I were living up there again and looking for work, I would have my list of preferences that would look like this.

1; Mercer Trucking.
2; Arlo G. Lott.
3; Doug Andrus Distributing
4; System Transport
5; TransContinental Transport.

I do not know enough about Jones Bros. to rate them on my list.

I am sure that Davis will assist your hubby in hiring on with any one of those six companies.

Best of Luck in the coming weeks.

Ahem...there is another company that has flatbeds and runs that will get GFI through CDA on a regular basis. Hint, they're in Missoula and have red trucks 8)
Sorry to hear he may be looking to change companies, what will the company do if their drivers don't want to be O/Os ? will they be fired? or will this be a gradual transition through attrition?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottsATruckin
Ahem...there is another company that has flatbeds and runs that will get GFI through CDA on a regular basis. Hint, they're in Missoula and have red trucks 8)
Sorry to hear he may be looking to change companies, what will the company do if their drivers don't want to be O/Os ? will they be fired? or will this be a gradual transition through attrition?
Now...I never heard of CDA before..fairly new huh?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Orangetxguy, Colin

Thank you both very much for the companies and ideas. We appreciate it! I spoke to someone at System today and my husband left him a message.

It would be less miles but more money and he would be home every weekend. Now all we have to do is find out if he is eligible to go into Canada with the misdemeanor on his record from the accident at May.

I also spoke to someone at Mercer they do like the drivers to have at least 200,000 miles but the recruiter was not in so we will have to call again next week.

I will also follow up on the other leads. I don't think that Doug Andreas pays that well for experience.

Thank you both again!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
The first time that I happened to me I was surprised also. It must be some glitch in the system every time the thread gets down to the bottom it seems it sets up for the new page but it always says no post found on this topic on the new page until someone post the first post.

It will keep doing that every time a new page sets up. While this thread will soon end it is not because it is long but because Goin Fer It will no longer be with Davis Transport.

Glad to see you post again on the thread!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-30-2007, 07:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottsATruckin
Now...I never heard of CDA before..fairly new huh?
CDA is short for Coeur d' Alene! I always give that out instead of spelling it out for people tell C period D period A period it is much easier!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKtrucker
Colin wrote:

It is just a weird glitch in the system or something. The first time I saw it I was surprised. It will do that on the last post of one page, it will begin a new page but say no topics exist.

Colin is good guy he was on the May Trucking thread also. If you see it you will understand and all you have to do is go to the last page before the one that says there are no post for this topic.

Goin Fer It's Wife