User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Today my husband is singing the Missoula blues :sad: He said the guy in the yard wants his mats on his old truck spotless. He said he scrubbed them down twice the other day when he changed out his truck. I guess he is going to sit and scrub them again. He said there is ground in dirt and he does not think it will come out. Does anyone have any suggestions out there to move it along quicker or get the ground in stuff out?

Goin Fer It's Wife
Does his name start with a "G"? If so I know who it is and all I can say is....... :roll:
Old 07-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Senior Board Member

If it is just the rubber mats, then the stuff that you use for cleaning tire sidewalls should work just fine. LOL...so will Brake Kleen.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerpreacher
Howdy GFIW,

I pray that all is still on the up side? Life sure has a way of throwing things at us. How we handle them is what's important. I sure appreciate your positive attitude.:P
Hubby has a great looking new truck. 8) I felt the little green monster rise up, but then I got over it. Also, compliments on the great looking family. Enjoy them, they grow up so quickly and then gone. Our baby is now 18, the last one at home and contemplating the military. I have a lot of love and respect for our guys and gals in uniform.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi
Thank you for checking in! They do grow up so fast it is amazing. I just know before they finish growing up I will have to find something to do as I could not stand running the way I do now and then have nothing to do! It would drive me crazy!

How many children do you have?

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-21-2007, 03:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
Does his name start with a "G"? If so I know who it is and all I can say is....... :roll:
Yes his name does start with a "G"! And I know for a fact that the drivers side rubber mat was messed up when he got it so when you get your truck check and have him make a note of it so he does not have you scrubbing for three hours :roll:

My husband said he also made him move the seats forward and clean the mechanical part behind the seats :roll: :roll: all this when he could have been on the road.

The day he switched his truck out he spent around 3 and half hours cleaning and polishing the inside up!

Today he was there in Missoula until around noon.....needless to say he was not a happy camper today!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-21-2007, 03:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
If it is just the rubber mats, then the stuff that you use for cleaning tire sidewalls should work just fine. LOL...so will Brake Kleen.
Thanks for the advice! He left finally already! As I remember especially the driver side mat it almost seemed as if it had little indents from gravel or something in the mat and the dirt was ground in there. I remember asking him about it the first time I saw his truck! I feel for the next guy who gets it!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-21-2007, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Goin Fer It's Wife

We have three living one deceased, we have a 21 y.o. daughter that lives in a grroup home in NC, she is mentally ill and does not deal with life very well, she has about 35 suicide attempts and she is a cutter (don't know if you know what that is), she is actually doing better; we have a 19 y.o. son that is an apprentice missionary on the Navajo Reservation, and our 18 y.o. daughter that really does not know what she wants to do yet.
I gave up trucking(really not by choice, but you can't argue with God) in 2002 to attend a Bible College and am now a minister. Way different then trucking but at least I am now home every nite :wink:
I am glad I happened upon this board, kind of nice to have a connection.
Well, enough carrying on
Take Care
Old 07-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Board Regular

GFIW,

GFI and I talked on the phone for an hour yesterday and he explained several questions I had earlier. I am going to remove everything I said here.

Later, DK
Old 07-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckerpreacher
Quote:
Goin Fer It's Wife

We have three living one deceased, we have a 21 y.o. daughter that lives in a grroup home in NC, she is mentally ill and does not deal with life very well, she has about 35 suicide attempts and she is a cutter (don't know if you know what that is), she is actually doing better; we have a 19 y.o. son that is an apprentice missionary on the Navajo Reservation, and our 18 y.o. daughter that really does not know what she wants to do yet.
I gave up trucking(really not by choice, but you can't argue with God) in 2002 to attend a Bible College and am now a minister. Way different then trucking but at least I am now home every nite :wink:
I am glad I happened upon this board, kind of nice to have a connection.
Well, enough carrying on
Take Care
Wow! It sounds as if you and the Mrs. have had your share of heartaches!
I will pray for your 21 year old! 18 is still young my son will be in his last year of high school when he is 18.

How long were you in trucking? It sounds as if your wife needs you home every night at this juncture in your life!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske
GFIW,

GFI and I talked on the phone for an hour yesterday and he explained several questions I had earlier. I am going to remove everything I said here.

Later, DK
My husband said he enjoyed chatting with you! Glad everything was explained alright!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 07-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Senior Board Member

My husband dropped this morning in Chicago and is already being loaded close by in Chicago!

I think the problem is mainly in Western Washington with freight! He will be headed to Irwindale California with this load it is approximately 2000 miles.

My daughter is having a great time with dad. They stayed at the BIG BIG truck stop in Walcott last night and I guess she was impressed!

My brother and his nephew made their flight this weekend and my son and nephew had a great time. We did not get home until after 11:00 pm last night and my son was late this morning for work by 10 minutes for the first time :sad: Ruined his perfect record!

Goin Fer It's Wife