User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 04:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Splitter

As a matter of fact he is meeting his old quality control manager for breakfast as I type. He was the one that told him about trucking and helped encourage him to get into trucking

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Board Regular

I'm driving for Lowe's right now, and the local thing is just way too boring.
Looking at moving to OTR in about 2 months.
Our receiving manager used to work at the Lowe's in CDA. I wonder If your hubby knew him.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey Everybody!

This is the actual Goin Fer It! It's kind of funny I originally started this thread when I was driving for May Trucking to chronicle my experiences. But since I didn't have internet access on the road, my wife took over the thread and it been her's ever since. Which is fine with me. I have been surprised by the number of views this thread has gotten. It is appreciated that all of you have taken an interest in an average family such as us. I have read many of your posts and wanted to thank all of you for your support and prayers for us. 2006 was a pretty rough year for us, but with God's grace we have seen it through and 2007 looks promising so far.

Things have been going very well with Davis Transport. They have treated me well and they keep me moving which allows me to make the money needed to support my family. As in all things we are putting our trust in God to guide us where his will leads and hopefully we can be examples to others of God in our lives. Once again, thanks for your support and my hope in that God's blesses each one of you.
:!: :!: :!:
Old 02-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Senior Board Member

GFI,

We all enjoy reading about your adventures. I must also add, that GFWI is one hell of a lady!! From her posts, it's easy to see that she has her hands full holding down the fort.

God bless all of you and I certainly hope 2007 will be prosperous.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Senior Board Member

GFIW,

You haven't posted in a while....hope all is well. Give us an update
Old 02-16-2007, 05:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
GFI,

We all enjoy reading about your adventures. I must also add, that GFWI is one hell of a lady!! From her posts, it's easy to see that she has her hands full holding down the fort.

God bless all of you and I certainly hope 2007 will be prosperous.
ops: ops: Oh gosh thanks devildice!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter
I'm driving for Lowe's right now, and the local thing is just way too boring.
Looking at moving to OTR in about 2 months.
Our receiving manager used to work at the Lowe's in CDA. I wonder If your hubby knew him.
Splitter,

My husband said he knew a few people in receiving. PM me a name and I can ask him!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-16-2007, 05:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Sorry I did not update sooner. My son had a project due at school and was on the computer a bit this week.

This trip is OUCH! OUCH! Monday afternoon my husbands regular dispatch was not working and his driver manager kept looking for a load for my husband. They ended up giving him 4 loads but only totaling around 950 miles. This was not good as many of the places do not load or unload after 2:00 or 2:30 pm so it is drive...sit and wait until the next day. I fear this check.

They have told my husband they will look for a long load for him and they have thanked him for taking this load. But that is not going to help with this next check. I hope this is the last one like this.

One good thing though is that he did not go into the blizzard so maybe it was the Lords way of protecting him.

His trip
From Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
1. pick up in Saint Maries, Idaho
Drop in Bonner , Montana
2. Pick up in Seeley Lake, Montana
Drop in Post Falls, Idaho
3. Pick up in Saint Maries, Idaho
Drop in Montana
4. Pick up in Montana
Drop in Spokane

He left Monday to go to Saint Maries, Idaho
Tuesday he picked up the load but then they had loaded to heavy so he had to get a unit taken off. He did not make his trip to Bonner, Montana on time to get unloaded. Wednesday morning he unloaded and loaded in the afternoon in Seeley Lake, Montana. He stopped by the office to pick up another driver on his trip to Post Falls as they had to pick up an abandoned truck at the Flying J in Spokane. The driver he picked up was to go get a load in Saint Maries also.

I picked him up and he got to spend Valentines Night at home. This morning I drove him to his truck and he arrived at his truck around 6:30 a.m.
He had an 8:00 a.m. appointment the other driver had a 7:00 appointment but the other driver had just arrived before my husband so my husband had to wait for him to get unloaded.

On the way this morning taking my son to his school we passed the weigh station in Post Falls, as usual. He saw a May Truck and then he said " Hey look mom there is a Davis Truck too!" It had a load of lumber and it was tarped. I have a feeling this was the same truck my husband saw.

My husband called me around noon he was on his way back up to Montana from Saint Maries. He said there was a Davis Truck that had rolled over around Look Out Pass, he had heard about on the CB and by the time he got up there the right lane of the freeway was closed. At first he was not told it was a Davis truck so he was surprised to see that it was one of his fellow workers. He said from the looks of it he had taken the curve too fast.

It is a sad day for someone and a heartbreak for a family. The guy was 39 years old he was not wearing his seat-belt and he was thrown from the truck. He had started with Davis in September of this year. I do not know what part of the country he lived in or if he has children. My prayers tonight are with his family.

Tomorrow my husband will finish this trip. He will pick up in the morning and deliver in the afternoon. It took forever for him to get this 950 miles done. But at least he is still here with us!

PLEASE wear your belts and take the curves slow! Be safe out there!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 02-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
This trip is OUCH! OUCH! Monday afternoon my husbands regular dispatch was not working and his driver manager kept looking for a load for my husband. They ended up giving him 4 loads but only totaling around 950 miles. This was not good as many of the places do not load or unload after 2:00 or 2:30 pm so it is drive...sit and wait until the next day. I fear this check.
Well on the bright side, at least the wheels are turning.....could be worse, he could be sitting....guess we all got to take the "not so good" with the good right :wink:

Very sorry to hear about the Davis driver. In today's day and age, I can not understand why anyone would drive without a seat belt :shock: My condolences go out to his family, friends, and co-workers.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Senior Board Member

My husband dropped his last load on this leg in Spokane yesterday. He called me to come and get him around 2:30 about the time I go to get the kids from school. It was cool because he got to go to a College basketball game last night with my son and my sons basketball team. My sons basketball team had a get together and pizza (poor guys did not win one during the season).

He got his next load which as promised was a good one. He will pick up in John Day, Oregon Monday morning and he will deliver in Warwick New York.

He will leave early tomorrow morning. His manager thanked him for taking the short loads.

Goin Fer It's Wife