User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 03:31 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The Volvo I drove was 3174 if you see it anywhere. Not that it matters or anything... :wink:
Old 09-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Rookie

I deposited the Comchek at BofA, and the "very young teller" knew exactly what to do with it. I was prepared for classroom procedure here and was pleasantly surprised. By next week our direct deposit should be activated and won't have to worry about this, however, the direct system takes from 1-3 days to process. Maybe taking the check in is easier???

Iceman's Wife
Old 09-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
I deposited the Comchek at BofA, and the "very young teller" knew exactly what to do with it. I was prepared for classroom procedure here and was pleasantly surprised. By next week our direct deposit should be activated and won't have to worry about this, however, the direct system takes from 1-3 days to process. Maybe taking the check in is easier???

Iceman's Wife
At Washington Mutual I have never had a problem with the two diffrent branches that I go to up here. They knew exactly what to do with the comdata check. Maybe they have trained the employees to know what to do with these.

Because of the 1-3 day process we will stay on the com-data check thing.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-17-2006, 05:33 PM
Board Regular

I droped it up in Brooks. It had problems with the clutch, like you had to grind it into first or reverse. Is that huge bed matress still on the top bunk haha. If anything was missing or broken, it was from the driver before me, that black air thing on the right hood was missing when i had it , so i had a huge hole on my hood to match that white fairing on the side of the truck haha.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Yesterday my husband made his drops and picked up his next load in Lewiston Idaho. He stayed near Payette Idaho last night and will be going to Tracy for his drop tomorrow.

He said he actually saw some snow up on some mountains yesterday. Although the chains are not needed yet he pulled them out and checked them to make sure they were alright. Living were we live he knows the snow and ice can come upon you quickly and you have to start thinking about it before it comes.

I know I must get busy and begin winterizing the house soon. :roll:

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrukn
I droped it up in Brooks. It had problems with the clutch, like you had to grind it into first or reverse. Is that huge bed matress still on the top bunk haha. If anything was missing or broken, it was from the driver before me, that black air thing on the right hood was missing when i had it , so i had a huge hole on my hood to match that white fairing on the side of the truck haha.
Clutch is fine... no grinding. The black air thing on the hood is present. And there is no mattress on the top bunk... well there is now but it was my own mattress from the house. Sounds like the truck has had a rough 450,000 miles.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Rookie

Oh, the newbie problems! Iceman is having trouble reaching an OSL after 5pm or on Sat/Sun. No one is ever available. He had to call a terminal manager last Sat for a problem, which actually never quite got resolved. Can anyone help with feedback about after hours at Brooks? Also how long does he have to be with this newbie OSL? Growing pains driving him nuts but he will get through. Some of you guys are a bit ahead of him driving for May. What's your opinion about how your OSL's are?

Have a great week, and thanks for your help!

Iceman's Wife
Old 09-18-2006, 06:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Oh, the newbie problems! Iceman is having trouble reaching an OSL after 5pm or on Sat/Sun. No one is ever available. He had to call a terminal manager last Sat for a problem, which actually never quite got resolved. Can anyone help with feedback about after hours at Brooks? Also how long does he have to be with this newbie OSL? Growing pains driving him nuts but he will get through. Some of you guys are a bit ahead of him driving for May. What's your opinion about how your OSL's are?

Have a great week, and thanks for your help!

Iceman's Wife
My husband did not have any problem with his temporary OSL. I don't think she was a newbie though. He does not have a problem with his new OSL either. I know the after hours things and weekend may be tough to resolve things. He has not really ran into any problems at night or after hours other than his one accident and they called him in the middle of the night because he did not report it immediately.

What type of problem is your husband running into during the night and weekends?

I think that my husband was with his temporary OSL only two weeks. I would have to go back and check my post to be sure.

Anyway there are now other drivers that can chime in and let you know how they deal with it or if they have had the same problems!

Just tell him to hang in there. It will get better for him!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Well my husband got to drop his load early today His new load he will pick up at 1:00 p.m. This next load will be going to Cheyenne, Wyoming.
This run will be due Wednesday September 20 and it is going to be a total of 1,140 miles!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Well my husband got to drop his load early today His new load he will pick up at 1:00 p.m. This next load will be going to Cheyenne, Wyoming.
This run will be due Wednesday September 20 and it is going to be a total of 1,140 miles!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Oh how things can change from day to day in this industry! My husband is in the Payette Idaho terminal and they had him drop the load there.
Sometimes they do this depending on routing someone home or the amount of hours someone has left. He got in late this afternoon so they did not have his next load as of yet.

He thinks they may talk to him tomorrow about the fender bender he had in the truck lot last week. As he has not spoken yet to the safety manager.

Question for you guys. If they were going to terminate him would they do it right away? Or would they run him another whole week before doing it?

Well any praying people out there, please say one for us. I think it will be alright but we will have to wait until tomorrow to see what tomorrow will bring.

Goin Fer It's Wife