User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 02:00 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello Goin fer it,

Yes I'm still working the local gig! The money is a little better with the hourly pay and OT though it feels like I'm a bigger size version of a UPS driver making 12-18 stops a day in a truck pulling a 48' trailer. Definetely not as relaxing as the open road, but I believe I'd miss sleeping in my own bed if I were to commit myself to the OTR lifestyle again.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
I should ask about coming back and running the Hermiston loop. I'm 45 minutes from there.
Where does the Hermiston loop go through?

And as you know May is a good company!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-05-2006, 02:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk

He went over eisenhower through the tunnel then, how did he like that? quite a drive.
He was very impressed with the whole route. I think he enjoyed it!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB JR.
Hello Goin fer it,

Yes I'm still working the local gig! The money is a little better with the hourly pay and OT though it feels like I'm a bigger size version of a UPS driver making 12-18 stops a day in a truck pulling a 48' trailer. Definetely not as relaxing as the open road, but I believe I'd miss sleeping in my own bed if I were to commit myself to the OTR lifestyle again.
Well it sounds like you are content with where you are at right now! That is a good thing.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-05-2006, 02:39 AM
Board Regular

I think you drop a trailer at the walmart dc in hermistan then run to utah or colorado, then to vegas, then southern california and back up to hermistan. You just keep going in a circle. Then they have the I-5 loop where you either run inbetween seatle an sacremento nack an forth, or if you live at the southern end you run from LA to Sacremento. There not advertised unless you ask your osl or dispatcher about it. There real nice people, so if a loop is full you can put your name on the list until a spot opens.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrukn
I think you drop a trailer at the walmart dc in hermistan then run to utah or colorado, then to vegas, then southern california and back up to hermistan. You just keep going in a circle. Then they have the I-5 loop where you either run inbetween seatle an sacremento nack an forth, or if you live at the southern end you run from LA to Sacremento. There not advertised unless you ask your osl or dispatcher about it. There real nice people, so if a loop is full you can put your name on the list until a spot opens.
I don't think we would be near that loop! It would be nice if they had a loop with the I-90 coming around our home. Oh well guess I can keep dreaming! :?

How long do you think you will be off? Weeks or months or are you not sure? How are things going with your grandpa?

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Board Regular

Hes not so good I guess, one more week in the hospital. I dont know when ill be goin back, i have enough money saved to last awhile but not too long. Im gonna call up Danny Boyd tomorrow an see what im gona do. It would be to stressfull to go back so soon you know? Hows the hubby liking the company so far?
Old 09-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Rookie
Default Iceman's Wife Here!

I have been reading this thread since the beginning and just love it! My husband just went to work for May. He was with KKW Trucking but they just didn't pay nor operate the same way. Great company if you don't need the income badly and want to run loose with a lot of home time. It would be just great for someone who has a pension or just doesn't need to run for the money so to speak. Anyway, Ron likes May very well so far. They are far more exacting as far as monitoring his running stats than other companies. They keep track of everything including how long he idles. Are other companies beginning to do that do you think? Companies like Gordon and Interstate for example. Do they track through the Qual the same way to that extent? Very interesting. Today he is in Phoenix and trying to get a load back to Las Vegas to get his truck loaded up with his "stuff". Question: Does May have 401K? Keep this thread going---it's great for May people!

Iceman's Wife
Old 09-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAtrukn
Hes not so good I guess, one more week in the hospital. I dont know when ill be goin back, i have enough money saved to last awhile but not too long. Im gonna call up Danny Boyd tomorrow an see what im gona do. It would be to stressfull to go back so soon you know? Hows the hubby liking the company so far?
I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. Please make sure they keep an eye on him at night in the event he needs to suctioned. I spent three nights at the hospital when my son was 10 months old. His first cold turned into a full blown asthma attack. I saw a baby flat-line and was expecting someone to come in the second time it flat-lined I hit the button and told the nurses. Sometimes they have very little staff on at night. Two out of the three nights they hardly came in to check on the infants and all of them were on oxygen.

My husband really likes working for May. He is very happy with the company and feels like we made the right decision.

Keep us updated on you please!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Iceman's Wife Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
I have been reading this thread since the beginning and just love it! My husband just went to work for May. He was with KKW Trucking but they just didn't pay nor operate the same way. Great company if you don't need the income badly and want to run loose with a lot of home time. It would be just great for someone who has a pension or just doesn't need to run for the money so to speak. Anyway, Ron likes May very well so far. They are far more exacting as far as monitoring his running stats than other companies. They keep track of everything including how long he idles. Are other companies beginning to do that do you think? Companies like Gordon and Interstate for example. Do they track through the Qual the same way to that extent? Very interesting. Today he is in Phoenix and trying to get a load back to Las Vegas to get his truck loaded up with his "stuff". Question: Does May have 401K? Keep this thread going---it's great for May people!

Iceman's Wife
Wow! Thanks for letting me know that! So far my husband really likes working for them! Is your husband going to run the 11 Western or all 48?
What kind of truck did he get?

My husband said that Gorden is very similar to the way May runs logs and the company. I guess the owners are friends.

My husband does not mind it (logs and tracking). He does not know any different since this is the first company he has worked for.

May company does have a 401k but I am not sure of the details as right now we are looking to get out of debt so we did not really check into that.

Please let us know how your husband is doing and how he likes it!

Take Care,
Goin Fer It's Wife