User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well everyone a sad end to my husband's position with May Trucking Company :sad: He was terminated this morning.

They are going to get him a bus ticket home. I do not know what time he will be home. At least he will be home for our son's fifteenth birthday this weekend. Now it is time to attempt to find other employment.

We are going to look into the sister company of JJ Williams. My husband did eventually wanted to end up at JJ Williams out of Spokane. Miles plus home-time. But JJ Williams does not hire newbies. The sister company will.

I know that the training will be more extensive than what he received at May Trucking. Maybe this is what he will need. It will all be a great financial strain on us at this time. I have faith though that the Lord will somehow see us through this.

I only pray that all comes quickly with a new job. I will update this thread when he has found new employment or respond to any post in the next few days. When he has found new employment it will more than likely be my last post on this thread, as his career with May Company Trucking has ended.

When he is employed I may start a new thread for the new company!

And so life continues and you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and continue on!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Rookie

damn.that sucks.was this his first incident with the company?hope all goes well for you and the family
Old 09-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mterry
damn.that sucks.was this his first incident with the company?hope all goes well for you and the family
The fender bender was his second incident. The first was worse and it was on his first solo trip out. I feel that one may not have occurred if he had better training. He did not even have his road atlas at the time. He overshoot a rest area and got off on a very bad exit. Went into a very bad parking lot to turn around and took out a light pole and tree with the trailer.

He was not trained what to watch out for or how to get out this type of situation if it does occur.

Thank you for your well wishes. My ten year old daughter was crying this morning when she found out :sad: My seven year old does not understand yet.

I know we will get through this. How at this point I do not know but it has to all work out somehow.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Board Regular

I'm sorry to hear about your husbands termination. Truck driving takes alot of common and sense and paying attention to your surroundings. With your husband being new he should know to get out and look if he is not sure, and that will allow him to avoid 99% of the trouble he can get into. When I was new long ago, I always backed into my spots at the truck stop. If it was iffy, forget it. Just like when you are driving down the road and reading the cars ahead of you, looking for the brake light that will cause that chain reaction you always have to think ahead. If you're pulling into a strange lot, stop and get out, look before entering. Make sure you can enter and exit without tearing stuff up. Sounds like the incident with the bending of the ICC bumper he was going to fast. Always crawl when you are backing or pulling forward in a tight spot. Going super slow allows you to not do as much damage if you accidently tap the other truck or no damage at all.

We've all made mistakes at least once when we were new, and your husband will learn from this and move on. Good Luck!! :rock:
Old 09-20-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
..................We are going to look into the sister company of JJ Williams. My husband did eventually wanted to end up at JJ Williams out of Spokane. Miles plus home-time. But JJ Williams does not hire newbies. The sister company will.........................
Sorry to hear about his termination.....

Is he wanting to go with the flat bed or refer sister company? Flat bed is System-Transport and T.W. Transport is the refer side. I am looking at the flat bed side of things for when I get through with school and they seem to be a fairly good outfit.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyD
Sorry to hear about his termination.....

Is he wanting to go with the flat bed or refer sister company? Flat bed is System-Transport and T.W. Transport is the refer side. I am looking at the flat bed side of things for when I get through with school and they seem to be a fairly good outfit.
Thank you!

We are not sure. Probably the flatbed division. I know after my husband had his first incident I spoke with them and they felt he did not get the proper training at May Trucking. They will not usually hire a newbie if they start with another company. At that time the Driver Manager said it would not be a problem to hire him. I am only hoping and praying that this will stand true still. I know they are very familiar with the school that my husband went to and have a high regard for the training there.

Today I am going to stop by the school and pick up an application. Tonight I will work on a cover letter for my husband.

He is actually at the Layton, Utah terminal. His bus will leave at 6:00 tonight and he will be in around 10:00 am tomorrow.

So I hope that you and my husband will work at the same company!

My husband has a friend that works for JJ Williams and he loves it there.
He is also by town quite a bit.

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintama
Sounds like the incident with the bending of the ICC bumper he was going to fast. Always crawl when you are backing or pulling forward in a tight spot. Going super slow allows you to not do as much damage if you accidentally tap the other truck or no damage at all.

We've all made mistakes at least once when we were new, and your husband will learn from this and move on. Good Luck!! :rock:
The incident with the bending of the bumper he was going very slow! He was looking in one mirror to pass the ditch or drop off and the second he looked in the other mirror he had just hooked it. If had even thought there was a chance he may have had to back up he would not have pulled in. He said it was very tight but because it was a pull-thru he thought he would be alright. I do not think that it would be a big issue if this was his only incident. But he did learn a lesson.

The first one he should have just shut it down when he realized he was in trouble. I am certain that after he got off the off ramp he knew he was in trouble already as the street was very narrow. Being his very first solo load it did not help to be in that situation.

My only hope is that there will be companies or in particular System Transport will give my husband another chance. He really loves truck driving and feels as though he is getting the hang of it.

Thank you for your well wishes!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-21-2006, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
..................So I hope that you and my husband will work at the same company! ....................Goin Fer It's Wife
It would be cool to work a the same place. I start school on the 9th of October in Spokane at DTS, so early/mid November I should be on the road.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:13 AM

[quote="Goin Fer It"]Well everyone a sad end to my husband's position with May Trucking Company :sad: He was terminated this morning.

To bad about your hubby GoinFerIt. I hope he can find another company soon. Stay in touch with the thread. good luck and best of luck to ya'll.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyD
It would be cool to work a the same place. I start school on the 9th of October in Spokane at DTS, so early/mid November I should be on the road.
We are going to try and set something up for Monday. Tomorrow when my husband gets home we will go pick up the application and fax it over on Friday.

I will let you know how it goes!

Goin Fer It's Wife