User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My husband got his next load! This is the longest run he has had since he has begun He said he is very happy that May Trucking is keeping him moving and not sitting around waiting for a load.

He will run from Loveland, Oregon up to Cheyenne, Wyoming then down to Oregon.

I will have to confirm later with him where in Oregon because the place I thought he said does not seem to exist in Oregon.

He will run 85 miles empty and 1,133 miles loaded. For a total of 1,218 miles.

This load will be due in Oregon around 5:00 p.m. Thursday!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-05-2006, 11:10 PM
Default Re: Iceman's Wife Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
or.

May company does have a 401k but I am not sure of the details as right now we are looking to get out of debt so we did not really check into that.
I think you should at least look into the 401k that May is offering you. If they put some money in to match a portion of your contribution, and you aren't putting in at least a little something you are throwing money away.
Even if you only put away $25 each check it still mounts up to a fine chunk of change in 30 years, and if they even only give you a few % match, well if you saw a twenty on the sidewalk would you just walk past it? :shock:

Really think hard about it, find a way to just put $25 from each check away and you WILL retire millionaires, unless you are already old, like me, or you or your husband plan on working till the day you die, don't blow the opportunity to stash some money away that will grow huge all by its self. Please put just a little away every week NOW, one day when you are old and gray you'll thank yourself for doing it NOW. Getting out of debt is a great goal, it will make your life easier, saving some money for retirement now will assure you that you have a life later.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Rookie

Goin Fer Its Wife:
My DH got a 2005 Pete 379. It's in great shape he said. Thanks for the info about the 401K. Every little bit helps, although we are both oldies but goodies. He was disappointed though that they don't have a pet policy. What to do with his trucking buddy is a real problem. He's coming home tomorrow so won't be posting for a couple of days.

Take Care,
Iceman's Wife
Old 09-06-2006, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Goin Fer Its Wife:
My DH got a 2005 Pete 379. It's in great shape he said. Thanks for the info about the 401K. Every little bit helps, although we are both oldies but goodies. He was disappointed though that they don't have a pet policy. What to do with his trucking buddy is a real problem. He's coming home tomorrow so won't be posting for a couple of days.

Take Care,
Iceman's Wife
The pet thing is why i went to Crete instead of May

Old 09-06-2006, 05:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Iceman's Wife Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti
I think you should at least look into the 401k that May is offering you. If they put some money in to match a portion of your contribution, and you aren't putting in at least a little something you are throwing money away.
Even if you only put away $25 each check it still mounts up to a fine chunk of change in 30 years, and if they even only give you a few % match, well if you saw a twenty on the sidewalk would you just walk past it? :shock:

Really think hard about it, find a way to just put $25 from each check away and you WILL retire millionaires, unless you are already old, like me, or you or your husband plan on working till the day you die, don't blow the opportunity to stash some money away that will grow huge all by its self. Please put just a little away every week NOW, one day when you are old and gray you'll thank yourself for doing it NOW. Getting out of debt is a great goal, it will make your life easier, saving some money for retirement now will assure you that you have a life later.

I agree that down the road this will be something to consider. I do not think that it would not start for at least 90 days after being hired.

I can tell you that 401ks are not always the hot ticket they appear to be.
We had a 401k with Adelphia and when ATT took over the office my husband worked at they still kept the 401k with Adelphia.

After I moved my husband finally got on with ATT here but it was out in the field (he had worked his way up to trainer) he took a big pay cut going back out in the field but he wanted to be up here with us.
We pulled our 401k early. But wish we could have gotten 6 months earlier as it had gone down thousands of dollars.

The people who worked up here took major hits on their 401ks way bigger than we did.

I think gold and silver are a more sound investment at this time.

So once we are in the position of making that decision we will look over all the facts.

Thanks for your concern though we will check on it!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Goin Fer Its Wife:

Take Care,
Iceman's Wife
Sounds great! What kind of pet do you have? I do not have any pets that my husband would even think about taking with him. We have two Lab-Rot mixes. Brother and sister full of energy and need lots of room. Also have about 7 cats. They like to have their space and roam also.

So what is his trucking buddy? I am sure you will be good company for his trucking buddy while he is on the road!

He can buy his buddy all kinds of treats when he comes home!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinclac

What kind of pet do you take? Must be pretty mellow to be on the road all of the time.

Heck I had to stop when I saw my dogs down the street and put them in the mini-van and bring them home. Eight acres is not enough for our dogs :shock:

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Rookie
Default "The Pet"

Her name is Sprocket, and she is a 3 year old Boston Terrier, about 25 lbs. They come in small, medium and large. This one is an Amazonian size for a girl. This breed doesn't need much exercise. She started going with Ron at about three months. When she is at home with my two Jack Russells she really doesn't fit in still. She is spoiled and selfish, no surprise there. Problem is Ron won't adopt her out and "Houston we have a problem". He is thinking about doing May's lease-purchase at three months. Have to find out more about this. We were owner ops for three years prior to going with KKW, and had an auto transport rig so we know the ropes so to speak. We are relocating end of year to Vancouver, WA and will probably rent for a couple of years before buying again. We need a write off badly and this will do it for us. Just have to see if the numbers are positive enough to pay the bills. For some drivers a lease-purchase makes sense, especially for taxes, and at end of lease he will own it. Then can run it for maybe four years and trade it in. Don't have the money or credit to get outside financing right now so this may work for us. Stay tuned, will share when we get there!

Iceman's Wife :asta:
Old 09-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Board Regular
Default Damn I love this thread !!!

this is like a story I've got to read every day.....Geez, and I'm a burned out old timer !!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinclac

What kind of pet do you take? Must be pretty mellow to be on the road all of the time.

Heck I had to stop when I saw my dogs down the street and put them in the mini-van and bring them home. Eight acres is not enough for our dogs :shock:

Goin Fer It's Wife
I have two my wife with me and her 8.5 lbs of killing machine (long haired taco bell dog) no i can't spell the breed. LOL!