User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

flatbed fred,we are very proud of your love for "TMC",give it a rest already...what works for you may not work for everyone else,so quit belittling other drivers for the choices they may make..i look forward to the day that i read that they f***ed you like every other driver that comes through their doors...
Old 10-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik
flatbed fred,we are very proud of your love for "TMC",give it a rest already...what works for you may not work for everyone else,so quit belittling other drivers for the choices they may make..i look forward to the day that i read that they f***ed you like every other driver that comes through their doors...
I only REPLY to posts by others stating only the experiences I have had while employeed at TMC. I never "belittle" other drivers. Please note, someone can only get f***ed if they first drop their pants and bend over to allow it. I don't, so I won't.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
The drivers I know at Maverick stay out weeks at a time and still make less than me. That doesn't make Maverick a "bad" company, just different.
:
Your opinion not a fact :roll: or do you actually compare your pay stubs?Not to many people do that Fred . That's a pretty bold statement. Boosting instead of belittling. Thats not to cool either :wink:
Old 10-27-2006, 01:23 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I ESPECIALLY love the people who say "Training pay is better at Maverick" Now THERE'S a way to pick your career path! Base it on what you make the first 6 weeks during training.
Company "A" pays you a Million dollars a year but you only get 100 bucks a week the first month whereas Company "B" only pays you 300 bucks a week but the TRAINING pay is AWESOME! I'm gonna go with company "B"!!! :roll:
Again here another well thought out opinion :roll: . It must say something if a company pays better during training. Most would probably assume they would pay better after training also. It shows that they treat the employees with respect. No offense just my opinion
Old 10-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Senior Board Member

My apologies if what I said came out wrong but I do feel the important things to compare when choosing a company are:
Pay
Benefits
Home-time
Equipment Quality

No I did NOT compare pay stubs but I have run with TMC on the percentage pay system and at 29-32%, it compares to high 40's to low 50's CPM (cents per mile). When I ran OTR I ran a full week using up my allotted driving time every day so I know I got comparable miles to a Maverick driver. Maverick doesn't pay near .50cpm so I based my "assumption" on Maverick's CPM and what my pay is, converted into CPM.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk132
Quote:
I ESPECIALLY love the people who say "Training pay is better at Maverick" Now THERE'S a way to pick your career path! Base it on what you make the first 6 weeks during training.
Company "A" pays you a Million dollars a year but you only get 100 bucks a week the first month whereas Company "B" only pays you 300 bucks a week but the TRAINING pay is AWESOME! I'm gonna go with company "B"!!! :roll:
Again here another well thought out opinion :roll: . It must say something if a company pays better during training. Most would probably assume they would pay better after training also. It shows that they treat the employees with respect. No offense just my opinion
Hey maybe you've got something there!!! After all, Schneider's offering a $5000.00 sign on bonus. Maybe we should all jump ship and go work for the Pumpkin?
Old 10-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Rookie

hmmm i wonder if fred would have chosen maverick or roehl first, instead of TMC what would have been the outcome? I mean, would he have nothing but good to say about either of those companies and have some gripes about TMC policies, procedures, and just flat out how they do business or would he still be biased toward TMC even though he never worked there :?:
Old 10-27-2006, 03:19 AM
Rookie

hey fred i have another question that maybe u could clear up for a "possible employee" like myself. In my reading of these very threads i came across a discussion a while back regarding the percentage pay at TMC. I think it might have been an employee or ex-employee i'm not sure so don't nail me to the cross, but he was saying that after u get up to about 27 or 29% they start giving u lesser paying loads and give all the good paying loads to the guys making entry level percentage. Oh and by the way I don't want u to apologize about anything u say or have said about Maverick, that company pretty much speaks for itself here on these boards, i was just stating the obvious, that's all :wink: I also thought that most Maverick drivers get home every weekend with the exception of the longhaul fleet, are you sure your information is correct Fred?
Old 10-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk132
Quote:
Hey maybe you've got something there!!! After all, Schneider's offering a $5000.00 sign on bonus. Maybe we should all jump ship and go work for the Pumpkin?
I thought maybe you had something there. I thought I read that also but couldn't find a 5k sign bonus anywhere just now. Are you sure you know what you are talking about? I mean do you really have all your facts straight.. Maybe I just missed it...
Old 10-27-2006, 04:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Check here http://www.classadrivers.com/index.php and on the right side of the page, Schneider's banner claims the bonus.
As far as what I would have said regarding those other companies if I chose them, I wouldn't, because I chose NOT to work for them after doing four months of research on ALL trucking companies. I visited many truck stops, spoke with drivers from dozens of companies, called many of the companies many times once I had my list down to a dozen or so, and made my choice. TMC. TMC is NOT without their quirks and internal problems, but most of TMC's problems are related to positive company GROWTH and not caused by lack of freight, lack of revenue or poor equipment. So I guess you can say they are "good problems" from a business standpoint. They seem to be growing so fast that at times, management sometimes has trouble keeping up. For me, I'd rather work for a company that is profitable and growing, rather than a company that is struggling to get freight or pay their bills. Not saying that Maverick has these problems, but there are quite a few companies that have to lay their drivers over quite often. Personally I have NEVER laid over and the longest I've waited for a re-load was 2 hours.