User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Actually, that's exactly what I have in mind. Once I know the name that was used to address GOD just prior and just after the flood, I expect to find the keys to many more doors. Yahweh didn't come along till the ancient Hebrews. But, that was also after the flood.

What got me started on that was finding out that GOD seems to have had a wife in ancient Hebrew. (Circa 800 BC) A female deity called Asherah. A little more digging brought up two more names. Astarte and Istar/Ishtar. That didn't answer anything, but it did raise many more questions. In ancient Hebrew, YAHWEH means "I am as I was", or "I am as I will be". Jehovah derived from that, so it's not actually His name. With all the Biblical patriarchs that heard His words and spoke with Him, surely, someone must have known His name. Among other places, I plan to take another "walk" through the "writings of gilgamesh" again.
The only thing I know that predates the Flood WW, is the Sumerian mythology, which goes hand in hand with Judaism and most other mythologist's writing.. I think it is the base of it all, and who knows maybe Abraham was the only one at the time to hear the Annanaki..
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Board Regular

Ok. Don't know what happened to it, but oh well...
It seems like all the "holy books", all over the world, seem to record the same stuff from different perspectives...oh, and Greek mythology is LOADED with info!! If I hadn't been born in America, where the bible is treasured, perhaps I would have valued the Baghivad Veda (sp?), and come to understand the truth of my eternal origin and indestructible existence as an offshoot of the Source of all. Or, maybe, I would have tenderly cradled the Qu'ran, believing that its "truths" were the only ones worth dying for...which would have been sad, considering that there's sooo much to investigate and discover in the others!
Thanks Slim. I got rid of the whole danged box---especially the religious part. I'm waiting for someone to get on here with Enki/Enlil and the goldminers! "Ayuvwa" and all that that entails!
Honestly, there's still a lot that has me boggled. Like why certain folks claim authority from Peter when he never settled in that place? And why--since the Teacher told the rich young ruler to "go and sell all, and follow"--the regular folks are starving and dying, but the churches are grotesquely wealthy??
I fully understand, now, how the same "God" could give a commandment "Thou shalt not murder" and then, turn right around and tell his followers to attack cities and leave NOTHING ALIVE. Or, how Eve (who hadn't received the directive not to "eat" from the tree of good/evil) could be demoted because of her interaction with the "serpent". I got those parts. It's the greedy, violent, political maneuverings which have been committed "in the name of God" that have me stumped. One poster suggested that religion was a control tool---I whole-heartedly agree. It's such a great tool that it makes the people tighten up the noose on THEMSELVES if truth knocks it partway loose!!
Since I've answered the question, guess I'll get my nose out of you folks' business, now!
Enjoyed the interaction!
Jewels

Last edited by JewelsnTools; 05-17-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: punctuation & spelling
Old 05-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Jewels, I'm glad you brought up Enki and Enlil. It was (at least supposed to be) Enlil, a lessor God, that caused the flood, and intended to put an end all of mankind on this earth. It was Enki that warned about the flood in time to save one family. When Enlil found out, He was angry about it. And, it was Anu, the supreme God that gave his word the flood would never again be used to wipe out humanity.

I also found out (by reading the translations of all 11 clay tablets that have survived to be translated) that, although, it is called the "Epic of Gilgamesh", Gilgamesh is not the "Hero of the Flood". Gilgamesh is listed as the 5th king after the flood, and ruled from Uruk. His father is also listed as a "phantom", where the other fathers are also listed. It was "the man from Shuruppak" that was told to "tear down the house and build a boat", and as the son of Ubartutu, he was named Utanapishtim.

And, it seems that out of 8 cultures, or civilizations, 5 list Enlil as the God that caused the flood. The Hebrews say Yahweh, and in Islam, it's Allah.

The legend also says that Gilgamesh was only 1/3 human. But that he was 2/3 God. A God from Heaven came down to earth and seduced a woman who was bathing in a stream. For that, the God was banished from Heaven. I believe it said which God it was supposed to have been, but I don't remember. Does that sound familiar? "AND THE SONS OF GOD SAW THAT THE DAUGHTERS OF MAN WERE FAIR......"

Anu had children with Aruru, Anrim, and Ishara, and those children became the lessor Gods. (Circa 2700 BC.) And, I can't help noticing the similarity between Ishara and Asherah. (Thanks to God and His Asherah. Circa 800 BC)

Seems that Anu had enough children to form a tribe all their own, and they also seem to have what me might call "typical sibling rivalry", but on a much larger scale.

Sumeria was supposed to have been ruled, before the flood, by only 8 kings, from 5 cities, for more than 241,000 years. After the flood, there were 117 kings that ruled for 33,334 years. And, the more time after the flood, the shorter the reign. Before the flood, a single king is said to have ruled for as long as 28,600 years. After the flood, it could be as short as just 9 years.

Not done reading it all yet. Will let you know when I know more.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:46 AM
Board Regular

WW~You make sure and do just that! I'm looking forward to it!
Now, before I get hung "high as Haman" for hijacking your thread, I've got a couple of things to discuss about believing the bible...
When I was reading it from a literal understanding of the text, I thought Eve "ate" a piece of fruit. I don't see it that way, anymore. Why'd increased pain upon childbearing end up as her result from eating a piece of fruit? And why was it that Magi (astrologers/star gazers), from the east, were the ones who knew the time of the King's birth? Aren't they just gonna go right to hell, since their art was condemned back in Deuteronomy? Yes, I'm jumping around, but the lessons in the bible are HUGE if a person reads them as that---instead of believing that the same one who said, in Ezekiel, "...the children shall not be put to death for the sins of the father...the soul that sins, it shall die," later sent his very own child to pay for the alleged sin of his father, Adam.
There are those who, upon reading the bible from the currently-taught literal perspective, are perfectly ok with knowing that the majority of human beings on the earth are going to be "left here" when their wonderful, "saved" selves are "raptured"(haven't even found that word in there)---left here to face torment and agony as the "wrath of god" is poured out upon the earth. "Well, they shoulda got 'SAVED'!" Indeed. That's some pretty foul fruit you got there, Christian.
Every person has a right to determine what he or she believes...it just makes more sense to take a long, hard look around at all that's taught before settling on a belief because it's familiar. Might just miss something. I sure did.
Jewels

P.S., I read, somewhere, that the name "Israel" came from "ISis" "RA" "EL"---Egyptian pantheon. Blew me away! Seems like Rebekah wasn't the only one who stole somebody's gods! Or was that Rachel? I'll have to go check, now! It would be interesting to find out what connection the names Ishtar/Asherah/Isis/Inanna might have. Also Marduk (Enki's grandkid?), Remphan, Chemosh... If all of these things were written, doesn't it bear investigating in order to find out what the real story is behind all of them??

Last edited by JewelsnTools; 05-18-2011 at 02:58 AM. Reason: emphasis.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Board Icon

Well, first of all, Jewels, I'm not going to accuse you of "hijacking" anything. The whole thread is about believing in the Bible, and when you're looking at the origins of what the Bible states, you're still on track. But, look at the relationships in Heaven. Looks like a "very close knit" family.

Anshar
The Babylonian god Anshar is the son of Tiamat and Apsu, brother and husband of Kishar.
Anu (An)
The son of Anshar and Kishar. He is the chief god of the Great Triad, with Ea and Enlil. In Sumerian mythology, he was the god of sky, husband of Nintu (Ki), and the father and ruler of all gods. One of four Sumerian creating gods.
Apsu
The Babylonian god Apsu is Tiamat's husband, the ruler of gods and underworld oceans. Father of Lahmu, Lahamu, Anshar and Kishar. Ea killed him.
Damkina
Damkina is the Babylonian earth mother goddess, the wife of Ea and mother of Marduk.
Ea
The Babylonian god Ea is the son of Anu and husband of Damkina, father of Marduk, god of wisdom, arts and crafts. Ea is the ruler of all gods after Apsu. In the Great Triad, Ea is the third with Anu and Enlil. In the Sumerian pantheon, Ea is the son of Nintu.
Enlil
Enlil is the Babylonian god of the air between earth and sky. In Sumerian mythology he was the son of An and Nintu, the god of air and agriculture, and eventually co-ruler of the gods along with Anu. One of four Sumerian creating gods.
Ishtar (Inanna)
Inanna is a great goddess, the goddess of love and war. She descended to the Underworld to try to regain her lover.
Kishar
The Babylonian goddess Kishar is the daughter of Tiamat and Apsu, sister and wife of Anshar.

Quote:
Anu had several consorts, the foremost being Ki (earth), Nammu, and Uras. By Ki he was the father of, among others, the Annuna gods. By Nammu he was the father of, among others, Enki and Ningikuga. By Uras he was the father of Nin'insinna. According to legends, heaven and earth were once inseparable until An and Ki bore Enlil, god of the air, who cleaved heaven and earth in two. An and Ki were, in some texts, identified as brother and sister being the children of Anshar and Kishar. Ki later developed into the Akkadian goddess Antu.
I can't help wondering what the screenwriters of "PEYTON PLACE" would do with a cast of characters like this. Tracing this family tree is a real trip. And, yet, Anu, Ea, and Enlil formed the "triad", where Anu was the father. Even today, we have the "Holy Trinity" with the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. It looks like most of the old testament was borrowed from Sumerian Mythology. From Creation all the way through and after the flood.

But, that's still just the tip of the iceberg. If I were to put everything I've been looking at on this board, we'd be going all the way to page 10 from here. I could compete in length of posts with Hobo.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:42 AM
Board Regular

lol Ok, WW, you just TOTALLY DATED YERSELF!!! Haven't even heard of that show in years!!
I used to wonder why anyone bothered with the soap operas, period, when the stories in the bible made them look like Romper Room!
Thanks for sharing what you're finding...it's worth knowing, from the standpoint of what's really going on around us, as so many have yet to discover the origins of the material the Hebrews claimed as their own.
As fascinating as that 10 solid pages of text would be, I am more concerned about what all that history means for us today. When I read that there were "giants in those days," am I actually reading about the genetic engineering that was done to the human race? Who "received" Noah's sacrifice upon his leaving the ark? Why was that so important? I remember wondering who the heck "God" was talking to when he supposedly said, "Let US make man in OUR image." Then, in the Sumerian writings, one learns that Enki exclaimed that that's precisely what he'd done, considering that he'd used his own DNA to "juice" us up! No wonder he had a tender heart of compassion toward us!

But what was the purpose of all these shenanigans? Anyone ever heard of "loosh"? I used to believe that we were created because "God" was lonely and wanted some folks to love. (I'm a mom--can't help mahself! ) Then, I believed that he wanted "sons/offspring" to rule and to reign throughout creation. Not so sure about that anymore, either. For what purpose was the species of mankind brought into being? It was in seeking the answer to that question that made me read through all this material (and some Egyptian, some Hindu, some Chinese, etc.), searching for a common thread. When I found it, I cried again. Then, I found the truth that led to peace.
What to do with the iceberg you've found? Ever heard of the Mazzaroth? Why did God, in Job, point out the constellations so specifically? Have you investigated the undeniable astrological symbolism that's to be found throughout the bible? Why did the people at the foot of the mountain create a golden calf? Why not a golden owl, or a golden mule? There's a reason.
When you gonna start a new thread about the 10 page topic?!!!
Jewels

Last edited by JewelsnTools; 05-19-2011 at 04:45 AM. Reason: proofreading
Old 05-19-2011, 05:15 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsnTools View Post
lol Ok, WW, you just TOTALLY DATED YERSELF!!! Haven't even heard of that show in years!!

When you gonna start a new thread about the 10 page topic?!!!
Jewels
Yeah, I know. ALL MY CHILDREN are YOUNG AND RESTLESS, and tend to play at THE EDGE OF NIGHT.......:lol:

I honestly don't know about starting that thread. I really don't believe Hobo could sit through it all. He'd have to take too many breaks to go to the bathroom.:lol::lol::smokin::lol2:

Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Sent you the message via pm WW, that I was going to put on here, but you beat me to it on the pm..
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I remember wondering who the heck "God" was talking to when he supposedly said, "Let US make man in OUR image." Then, in the Sumerian writings, one learns that Enki exclaimed that that's precisely what he'd done, considering that he'd used his own DNA to "juice" us up! No wonder he had a tender heart of compassion toward us!
Sort of suggests that He may have been the first one to have sex with a monkey, doesn't it?:lol:

There are hints all through the ancient Hebrew texts that point to some other sources for the information. But, those hints are subtle enough that if you have not read some of the other sources, you don't notice it or simply have unanswered questions that get attributed to miracles.

Quote:
But what was the purpose of all these shenanigans? Anyone ever heard of "loosh"? I used to believe that we were created because "God" was lonely and wanted some folks to love. (I'm a mom--can't help mahself! ) Then, I believed that he wanted "sons/offspring" to rule and to reign throughout creation. Not so sure about that anymore, either. For what purpose was the species of mankind brought into being?
From what I've found, there was a short thing about the Gods having another race of beings doing the work for them. Slaves, if you will. At one point, they decided that mankind would be created to do the work in place of them. Then, I think back to when I was a kid. Time and time again, I was told that when I get up every morning, dedicate my work and everything I do to God.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:22 AM
Board Regular

Ok...like...that was really gross? lol

I'm still worried that one of the mods is going to swoop in and hammer my forehead for hijacking the thread, but that's an excellent point about how the subtle hints can be missed by those who are reading without the benefit of the other stuff. Reminds me of when the Teacher said he spoke plainly to the disciples because it had been given them to know the secrets of the kingdom.
These days, I can't be around religious stuff for too long before I start developing "hives", so I'm gonna duck out. Although I genuinely enjoy reading my bible, still, in some ways I want to run around in the streets screaming, "IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!" Christians, Muslims, Jews, Catholics---the infamous "they" are going to use your own holy books as playbooks against you in destroying you. That's why the comment about the cookbook. I hope we awaken in time.
You know where in Revelation it says that they overcame by the blood of the lamb, the word of their testimony, and because they loved not their lives unto death? THAT one verse holds so much of the key that if we all were to come to understand that, we'd be able to stand in the days to come.
Now, I'm gonna sneak out before they come in wif dere hammer!
Jewels

Tags
don't believe it at all, don't know much about it, historical record only, word for word