LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsnTools View Post
Ok...like...that was really gross? lol

I'm still worried that one of the mods is going to swoop in and hammer my forehead for hijacking the thread, but that's an excellent point about how the subtle hints can be missed by those who are reading without the benefit of the other stuff. Reminds me of when the Teacher said he spoke plainly to the disciples because it had been given them to know the secrets of the kingdom.
These days, I can't be around religious stuff for too long before I start developing "hives", so I'm gonna duck out. Although I genuinely enjoy reading my bible, still, in some ways I want to run around in the streets screaming, "IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!" Christians, Muslims, Jews, Catholics---the infamous "they" are going to use your own holy books as playbooks against you in destroying you. That's why the comment about the cookbook. I hope we awaken in time.
You know where in Revelation it says that they overcame by the blood of the lamb, the word of their testimony, and because they loved not their lives unto death? THAT one verse holds so much of the key that if we all were to come to understand that, we'd be able to stand in the days to come.
Now, I'm gonna sneak out before they come in wif dere hammer!
Jewels
First Off I HATE THIS NEW SYSTEM, lol I cant change the color of the words etc.. oh well. and I am starting to hate this lap top cause I keep hitting the mouse in the middle..
anyway that was a Hijacking of a thread Jewles, not what you are doing, your on track..
WW I sent some stuff on Lillith to ya.
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Board Regular

Slim~
You couldn't let me just "lurk" in peace, could ya? You had to go and throw "Lillith" into it!! Now, as a denizen of this thread, I would also like to receive a copy of the free, in-depth Lillith information which you have so graciously offered to WW...(let's see if he'll go for that... )
Oh, and quit hijacking the thread!! heeheee
It's interesting, though, that there's a whole 'nother story available from the folks who brought us the majority of what's known as the Old Testament. The Jews have what are known as "midrash"---legends/stories/ I believe they're what Paul referred to as "cleverly devised fables"---which seek to explain the sticky points in the scriptures that beg for answers--like where Cain got his wife and why Job got slammed the way he did. For instance, according to one, Job had once served as an advisor to the Egyptian Pharoah on the matter of what to do with the vastly growing Hebrew population--along with Jethro (of Moses' father-in-law fame) and Balaam (with his talking donkey). The midrash tells it that when the pharoah asked what he should do with them, the three answered according to their characters: Jethro said that he should leave them alone due to the great service Joseph had rendered to the country, saving many alive. Pharoah ran him out of town. Job, after seeing what had happened to Jethro, basically laid his hand on his mouth and didn't even utter a peep. "Do as you see fit, Your Pharoah-ness". He didn't speak up for the people, interceding on their behalf, in their time of impending calamity. Balaam is said to have advised the pharoah to murder the Hebrew's sons by drowning them in the river. This midrash had its proper effect on me when I first read it. The book of Job had always left gravel in my craw toward "God"---because the testing seemed so danged senseless. And because so much of what the others said rang true to me, but was later said to be curse-ably false (by God)!! Since Job didn't speak up for the people, no one spoke up for him when there was one who planned ill for him. See? It makes it all better, knowing he was getting his just desserts... By the way, that principle is called "midah keneged midah" (mee-duh kih-neg-ed mee-duh), and it means "measure for measure"---which is how God deals with man. "As you sow, so shall you also reap"; "with the same measure you use, it shall be meted to you again", etc. That principle is EVERYWHERE in the Old Testament, and it's proof that Karma really is the principle law of existence. Hebrew boys drowned--firstborns/Egyptian army drowned. See it? Once you understand that the stories don't represent real people dying horrible deaths, it's fun to go through and find some of the more strikingly appropriate moments of midah keneged midah in the scriptures. It's amazing how accurate they are!
Back to Lillith.. I'd like to read that, too! So far, I've got that she was Adam's first wife--created at the same time, in the same way, as he. She wouldn't submit to him, ran off and did a whole bunch of dirty, nasty things in the woods, and ended up becoming basically a demon. Maybe that's why, when Eve showed up, Adam says, "FINALLY! Flesh of my own flesh, and bone of my own bone!" Eve was taken out of Adam's body---and the Spirit connector went with that tissue! That's why it doesn't make sense when "God" slams Adam for listening to his wife-------as the more spiritually receptive one, that's precisely who he should have been listening to! Oh yeah, I forgot why "God" got mad because their eyes were opened...
Can the scriptures be inerrant if they're incomplete? Who decided which books to keep/canonize, and why were those chosen? Who decided to re-word various portions of it, exclude parts of passages, insert others, and generally re-work the entire focus of the books?? Who came up with the idea that Mary was divine?? Heck, after seeing how she's fed the hungry, healed the sick, and practically raised the dead (me, for school!), I'm claiming divinity for my mom!! I'm a child of Spirit, too, according to the scriptures---since I was born of Spirit, right? Gets sticky if you look real close, don't it?
Too bad we can't get together at some breakfast counter and really go at it on this, eh? I can just see it: eggs flying, bacon slapping somebody in the neck, coffee smears....good times! lol
Jewels

Last edited by JewelsnTools; 05-20-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 05-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelsnTools View Post
Slim~
You couldn't let me just "lurk" in peace, could ya? You had to go and throw "Lillith" into it!! Now, as a denizen of this thread, I would also like to receive a copy of the free, in-depth Lillith information which you have so graciously offered to WW...(let's see if he'll go for that... )
Oh, and quit hijacking the thread!! heeheee
It's interesting, though, that there's a whole 'nother story available from the folks who brought us the majority of what's known as the Old Testament. The Jews have what are known as "midrash"---legends/stories/ I believe they're what Paul referred to as "cleverly devised fables"---which seek to explain the sticky points in the scriptures that beg for answers--like where Cain got his wife and why Job got slammed the way he did. For instance, according to one, Job had once served as an advisor to the Egyptian Pharoah on the matter of what to do with the vastly growing Hebrew population--along with Jethro (of Moses' father-in-law fame) and Balaam (with his talking donkey). The midrash tells it that when the pharoah asked what he should do with them, the three answered according to their characters: Jethro said that he should leave them alone due to the great service Joseph had rendered to the country, saving many alive. Pharoah ran him out of town. Job, after seeing what had happened to Jethro, basically laid his hand on his mouth and didn't even utter a peep. "Do as you see fit, Your Pharoah-ness". He didn't speak up for the people, interceding on their behalf, in their time of impending calamity. Balaam is said to have advised the pharoah to murder the Hebrew's sons by drowning them in the river. This midrash had its proper effect on me when I first read it. The book of Job had always left gravel in my craw toward "God"---because the testing seemed so danged senseless. And because so much of what the others said rang true to me, but was later said to be curse-ably false (by God)!! Since Job didn't speak up for the people, no one spoke up for him when there was one who planned ill for him. See? It makes it all better, knowing he was getting his just desserts... By the way, that principle is called "midah keneged midah" (mee-duh kih-neg-ed mee-duh), and it means "measure for measure"---which is how God deals with man. "As you sow, so shall you also reap"; "with the same measure you use, it shall be meted to you again", etc. That principle is EVERYWHERE in the Old Testament, and it's proof that Karma really is the principle law of existence. Hebrew boys drowned--firstborns/Egyptian army drowned. See it? Once you understand that the stories don't represent real people dying horrible deaths, it's fun to go through and find some of the more strikingly appropriate moments of midah keneged midah in the scriptures. It's amazing how accurate they are!
Back to Lillith.. I'd like to read that, too! So far, I've got that she was Adam's first wife--created at the same time, in the same way, as he. She wouldn't submit to him, ran off and did a whole bunch of dirty, nasty things in the woods, and ended up becoming basically a demon. Maybe that's why, when Eve showed up, Adam says, "FINALLY! Flesh of my own flesh, and bone of my own bone!" Eve was taken out of Adam's body---and the Spirit connector went with that tissue! That's why it doesn't make sense when "God" slams Adam for listening to his wife-------as the more spiritually receptive one, that's precisely who he should have been listening to! Oh yeah, I forgot why "God" got mad because their eyes were opened...
Can the scriptures be inerrant if they're incomplete? Who decided which books to keep/canonize, and why were those chosen? Who decided to re-word various portions of it, exclude parts of passages, insert others, and generally re-work the entire focus of the books?? Who came up with the idea that Mary was divine?? Heck, after seeing how she's fed the hungry, healed the sick, and practically raised the dead (me, for school!), I'm claiming divinity for my mom!! I'm a child of Spirit, too, according to the scriptures---since I was born of Spirit, right? Gets sticky if you look real close, don't it?
Too bad we can't get together at some breakfast counter and really go at it on this, eh? I can just see it: eggs flying, bacon slapping somebody in the neck, coffee smears....good times! lol
Jewels

Hey Jewls all I did was google it, Lillith what I sent WW was the link to the wikapedia, though not always correct it did have quite a bit of info.. What I was trying to find was what I had read a long time ago, but I cannot.. I was thinking it was in the books of Adam 1 and 2 but WW said he had just went over those and didn't see anything.. I do know that Elijha had said some thing about her, but I think it just depends on the translation,,, ex: one might say Lillith, and another might say screech owl. etc.. I do know that Sumerian mythos has her in it, and some say she is the hand maiden of Innana, some say she is the goddes, some say she is Asmodious's wife, and another was that she mated with Sameul, who is in the book of Enoch as one of the fallen 7 angels who left there first abode and mated with women.. Note: all my spelling is terrible, it always has been, and always will be.. there is so much stuff on her and I just don't see how something like that cannot have some truth to it.. I have always said, out of any Mythos is a form of truth..
In the NKJ, God made man and woman in his image, then later is says he made man, and then took a rib from him and made eve.. sounds to me like there was someone before eve.. but I dunno just think it is all facinanting to me..
I do believe the the Sumerian mythos is the cornerstone of all. Becuase from what I have read and found, and studied through out my Witchcraft years,, and Christian years. I see so many resemblences and that one is the oldest that predates even the flood..,, So who knows, Maybe Abraham was the only one who had the ear for the Annannaki, that triun God head of the Sumerians, Enlil, Enki, Anu, or whom ever, cause it has been so long since I have read those inscribed tablets.. I will say that the book of the Necronominicon has some pretty interesting things in it pertaning to Sumerian Mythos, and I think it sums it up pretty dang good.. it even has the Watchers, Pazuzu, and all the big diety's like Tiamate, Enlil, etc.. but it seems to have a Babylonian tweek to it, cause if I remember correctly, Marduk, did not come along until the Babylonian conquest of Sumerian..

That is my thoughts in a nut shell, but it is just my opinion..
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Board Regular

Thanks for sharing that, Slim. I've found some good stuff on wiki, too. I remember reading of the screech owl/Lillith connection, and found more about it in the Wiccan/witchcraft sections, too. Lillith has some value to feminists, too. The thing is that even with all this interesting stuff, all these tidbits of cool legend/history, very little of it still contains the real lessons that were supposed to be passed down to us. I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the heel-striking serpent in the Genesis account didn't actually represent the Kundalini force that's supposed to be dormant in our sacrums. Anybody know anything 'bout that? Sure would love to hear about it!

If you'll forgive my spelling, I'll certainly forgive yours! WHAT you write is far more interesting that how you've written it, anyway!

Like what you said about how myths usually contain some truth. I also agree that the Sumerian mythos is the cornerstone of the later belief systems. Google about the placement of the world's pyramids. They're all in a line around the globe!! Now how'd that happen?? Seems like someone with a very high up view advised all of the builders, don't it?
I'm still bleary-eyed from a long night. Last thing I remember was a hot gray-eyed fella smiling at me, and walking toward me--rolling up his sleeves! lol
Get back to this after my nap!
Jewels
Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Senior Board Member

%1OO no ifs, ands or buts about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Board Icon

I just clicked on a link about whether or not the end is near, and the guy said that the first recorded words of Jesus were (paraphrasing) [Jesus entered Gallilee and said,] "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand, repent all ye and be saved."

Now, he MAY have had good intentions as to wanting the crowd to repent and save their souls.... but he was WELL OVER 2000 years off on his prediction/claim!

If you can't believe Jesus.... well.... who CAN you believe?

Apparently some people (including Michelle Bachmann who wants to be the leader of the Free World,) believe that the world (and mankind) is only 6,000 years (and ONE WEEK) old.... and that man walked with dinosaurs! If that is so, we've already existed 50% longer than we had up to the point that a man named Jesus said it was all just about to end.

That's a HECKUVA "margin of error."

I think I'll put my money on the Mayans (who never HEARD of the Bible) who give us until next year! Maybe NOT!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.

Last edited by golfhobo; 05-28-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Board Regular

Hey, GH! WindWalker was talkin' smack 'bout you earlier!!! I'm tellin'! (Professional Poop Stirrer-Upper)
If we understood what the Teacher was talking about, we'd also understand that it really was/is true, and that connection is still available to us today---individually! Too bad we, as a society, didn't search to find out what he was talking about!
It's just easier to follow whatever we've been told. Start thinking for ourselves, and questioning everything, someone might expect us to actually live in accordance with the humility and power of the Spirit...
Jewels
P.S., It's occurred to me, recently, that we're each on our respective individual spiritual journeys---and that we're all at varying stages of development. If I've offended any of the readers of this thread, or made anyone feel uncomfortable, forgive me. That was never my intent. As a student, myself, I fully acknowledge how easy it is to stick with what's familiar. I also have found, though, that the search has its own benefits if you care to act on what's found.

Last edited by JewelsnTools; 05-30-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:37 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I've already found most common threads among the oldest texts. I'm also looking at the differences, and how things have changed since the earliest information. It seems that at one time, the Gods also had a lifespan. Much longer than humans ever did, but the leadership seems to have been passed from one to the next as well. The common threads seem a bit more elusive when looking at Native American and Australian pantheons. The ancient cultures were considerably more colorful, though. We only have God and the Devil. They had Gods and Goddesses, and they were either good or demons. Then, among the Native Americans, there were also "tricksters". A couple of the early cultures had a Goddess that "gave birth" to mankind, while the rest "created" mankind. But, in nearly every ancient culture, the Gods (and Goddesses) were up to some interesting antics that we don't have today. It makes for some interesting reading.

The interest in Native American and Australian is because they are about the farthest removed from Sumerian origin. Over distance, and over time, change is inevitable. After the information is passed down by word of mouth for generations, one almost has to read between the lines to find the truth. But, the common threads between one culture and the next is probably closest to the original version. Other things might have been introduced later, but the main or head God and Goddess is the first common element in all cultures. Then, looking at the rest, various things can be filtered out. There are still some common elements left. Those are the elements I am studying closely.

Surprisingly, Lillith has some common elements in a number of cultures.

New series "FINDING BIGFOOT" is on, and I'm having a hard time concentrating on this. More later.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Board Icon

JewelsnTools said:

Quote:
Hey, GH! WindWalker was talkin' smack 'bout you earlier!!! I'm tellin'! (Professional Poop Stirrer-Upper)
Hey, Jewels! Was Windy talkin' [SMACK] about me in a PM? Or, do you refer to his mention of the 100 pages? I've been reading. I was going to respond to something about 2 pages ago.... but, y'all are going at warp speed! So... I'm mostly just reading when I can stay awake long enough! :zzz: :lol2:

I am ecstatic to see Slimland back on the board, and into the conversation! :thumbsup:

Quote:
If we understood what the Teacher was talking about, we'd also understand that it really was/is true, and that connection is still available to us today---individually!
You're assuming that there is/was such a "teacher." YOU'VE obviously been taking some "elective" classes in religion! :lol:

Quote:
Too bad we, as a society, didn't search to find out what he was talking about!
Nearly EVERY "society" in the world has spent most of their time searching, celebrating, or analysing that very question.... and you think we've all been surfing?

Quote:
It's just easier to follow whatever we've been told.
Bingo!

Quote:
Start thinking for ourselves, and questioning everything,
I started down that path at a very tender age... as a preacher's son! But, be very careful! Those two "powers" are very lethal weapons... perhaps even WMD! :eek2: [destroy a religion... and you might undo a war!]

Quote:
someone might expect us to actually live in accordance with the humility and power of the Spirit...
That would be nice (like the Tibetan Monks.) But, I'll settle for a "SECULAR" respect for mankind regardless of their color, or religion or country of origin. Wouldn't "Whirled Peas"... as unlikely as it is to ever happen.... be interestingly, yet eerily welcome? :thumbsup:

Or, would it be.... is it.... impossible because it "foils" the prophesies of Armageddon and the INFALLIBILITY of scripture in ANY religion? :hellno::tears:

Quote:
P.S., It's occurred to me, recently, that we're each on our respective individual spiritual journeys---and that we're all at varying stages of development. If I've offended any of the readers of this thread, or made anyone feel uncomfortable, forgive me. That was never my intent. As a student, myself, I fully acknowledge how easy it is to stick with what's familiar. I also have found, though, that the search has its own benefits if you care to act on what's found.
Disclaimer WELL written and easily accepted! You certainly haven't offended ME! Like I said.... I'm just "monitoring" this class. :lol:

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Board Regular

GolfHobo, "WHIRLED PEAS"??? You get the Coffee Spew Award!!

"Yes, we should all prey on whirled peas. Ah'm in." It's no fun stirring up poop if no one else participates. Rats. Nevermind--the stink's died down by now!! lol

Loved the idea about undoing a war with the lethal weapons of automomous and critical thought!

As for secular respect, it would be a natural result of people learning that they each were valuable, instead of believing themselves to be worthless "sinners". That last concept is what really got old, for me. I fully understand, and agree with, your comment about my reference to the "Teacher". I never really got settled on whether or not "He" was the illegitimate son of a Roman centurian and a woman's hairdresser, or a set of unfortunate twins, or a verbose figment of someone's imagination. I know that there was a custom that ancient Jews used to lend weight to their writings---attributing those writings to older, more respected writers. In my own experience, the wisdom expressed is right---just not in the way I was initially taught. So, I keep it, and refer to the Voice as "the Teacher". EVERYTHING'S elective!

I was hoping "Windy" (Oooohhhh, that's rich!) was gonna start a new thread on this warp speed material, but it looks like his attention's been captured by that huge, hairy girl wif big feet!! lol

And I'm glad I haven't offended you!

Jewels

Tags
don't believe it at all, don't know much about it, historical record only, word for word