User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Fully understood and accepted, Slim. When--and if---you get a minute or two that will be just fine. Thanks..

Oh, and WW? You have absolutely NO RESPECT for my very human need for SLEEP!! I was up until the wee hours with that one!

Last edited by JewelsnTools; 07-10-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: inserted missing word.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Rookie

Jesus came to fulfill the law, remove religious condemnation from man's hand. Then religion comes in and makes new laws to enslave people into satisfying man. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John1:1) ****** God's word or the bible tells us all we need to know. The flesh and the law will satisfy man but only a relationship with Jesus will set a man free and provide salvation.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:59 AM
Board Icon

hardhead said:

Quote:
Jesus came to fulfill the law,
No... I'm pretty sure the scriptures say he came to save mankind. Moses's "law" did not MANDATE that Jesus come. In fact, other than the prophesy of his coming, the fulfillment of Old Testament Jewish Law was limited to obeying the 10 Commandments given by the Jewish God.

Quote:
remove religious condemnation from man's hand.
I am unaware of any scripture that says that condemnation WAS in "man's" hand. Vengeance is MINE, sayeth the Lord. Even Jesus absolved Pontius Pilate of his own condemnation. Jesus himself REFUSED to condemn ANY man during the time he walked on the Earth.

Quote:
Then religion comes in and makes new laws to enslave people into satisfying man.
Religion existed for centuries BEFORE Jesus was born. Religious "laws" had enslaved man for centuries before Jesus arrived. Jesus came (according to legend) to FREE mankind from religious laws and give him a direct connection to his (so-called) creator. But, I agree with you that religion is designed to "enslave" mankind to other men who SAY they are a conduit to the creator.

Quote:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John1:1) ****** God's word or the bible tells us all we need to know.
No, it doesn't. I'm 55 years old, the son of a very GOOD and devout Baptist preacher, and I am not "satisfied" with the "knowledge" imparted to me in the Bible. Who are YOU to say that it should be sufficient for me? Oh yeah... because the MEN who actually WROTE it told you so? :roll:

Quote:
The flesh and the law will satisfy man
Can you tell me what this means? I'm not terribly satisfied with the flesh. And I SURE ain't a fan of laws. You want to know what satisfies me? KNOWLEDGE. So... am I a freak of nature? Or does your scripture LIE? I am supposedly a creation of your God, yet I am neither satisfied by flesh NOR the [Judaic] Law. And before you even think it... I have lived under Christian law most of my life, and am not "satisfied."

Quote:
but only a relationship with Jesus will set a man free and provide salvation.
This is the core belief of Christian religion(s). A theology promulgated ONLY by followers of the Christian religion. At one time, more than 90% of your God's creation disagreed with this "radical" new belief. 2000 years later, 80% still disagree. Buddhist monks, who dedicate their lives to "spiritual connection and service" don't agree with you... and you would say they are bound for some kind of eternal burning hell because of their OWN "devout" faith in their creator.

As a student of religious diversity, human sociology, and intellectual progressivity.... I have found that there are only TWO enclaves of religious belief that are responsible for ALL the war and destruction since the beginning of recorded history.... the Christians and the Islamist extremists.

Well, that's not entirely true. Even before Christ, God's "chosen people," the Jews believed they had a mandate to KILL infidels in the name of their own God. [Not that others didn't claim the same right.]

The "riddle" of human aggression and mystical obsession predates even the Torah. The phenomena of "idolic" worship predates even the existence of the Jewish people. And the proven existence of a thinking brain in homo sapiens predates both of them... AND their claims of creation.

No... I'm afraid that just coming on here and quoting the Bible to ME is not going to fly. You are not the first, nor the best. In fact... the point I wanted to make was that... only the "simplest" of God's creation (or wherever we came from) resort to such "fundamentalist" propaganda. On a par with the Taliban as I see it.

If I walk into a restaurant and ask what do you have to eat, and the proprietor tells me that "the sustenance of life is the body and spirit of the holy God," I know that the cook has quit and gone home. And I end up with a sub from Subway.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

What do you think, Hobo... Hardhead does a great deal more talking than reading? He could learn a whole lot if he read more.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Senior Board Member

haha i notice some of you people involved in the reading of obamas book as well in this forum oh for reality LOL
Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
What do you think, Hobo... Hardhead does a great deal more talking than reading? He could learn a whole lot if he read more.
I think I am always "too harsh." :lol:

Hardhead didn't "talk." He quoted scripture! THIS is what bothers me. I don't care if someone comes in here and says, "the bible teaches that..." or "religions have always taught that..." or even, "I believe that..."

I object to anyone quoting scripture as if it is "infallable" and somehow "proven" as fact. It IS not! Christianity is a "faith based" religion. The Bible can ONLY be accepted as the true "Word of God" if one believes in a Christian or Judaic Religion! People who come on here and quote it as if it has the "authority" of TRUTH... show how small and limited their narrow minds ARE!

We can't get TWO people on the street to agree about politics.... but, we can find millions who believe in just ONE "exclusitory" religion?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:58 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchno1 View Post
haha i notice some of you people involved in the reading of obamas book as well in this forum oh for reality LOL
Haven't read either of them yet. What am I missing?
Old 12-28-2011, 04:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Haven't read either of them yet. What am I missing?
nothing i supose just be enjoying xmas booze like me i hope
Old 12-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchno1 View Post
nothing i supose just be enjoying xmas booze like me i hope
And, you have a very Happy New Year as well.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Senior Board Member

will be doing that as you should know and same to all you blokes have a good one

Tags
don't believe it at all, don't know much about it, historical record only, word for word