User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default let's unite ....comment by Donald Trump...

Hello
I am sure you all heard about the slams shared between Trump and Rosie. Donald was slamming Rosie with some wicked put downs...and added among the insults .."she is a slob and talks like a truck driver.

I heard one truck say he was insulted to be compared to Rosie. BUT TRUMP MEANT THAT AS A SERIOUS PUT DOWN TO TRUCK DRIVER LANGUAGE AND CONVERSATION.

I AM TIRED OF HEARING REMARKS THAT MAKE TRUCKERS SEEM LIKE LOW LIFERS.

I TAKE GREAT OFFENSE TO THESE EXPLOITATION IN SUCH A NATIONWIDE PUBLIC VIEWING. Who delivers products impacting his industries and businesses?

Any ideas of what we are able to do as a group.... for those of us who would like to respond?

Women...I also object to his attack on a female's appearance as a way to put her down...Men, this is a reflection on your wifes, girlfriends, and daughters, etc. We are evaluated on our looks when it comes to attacks.. especially size. Unfair!!!!

Thanks for hearing me out....Happy Holidays! :P Waiting for a load. :cry: ...takmt
Old 12-21-2006, 10:19 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I have a hard time caring about anything that Donald Trump or Rosie O'Donnell talk about. Both are a waste of breathable air.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Senior Board Member

why would anybody let some idiot on tv who has money or is famous let it bother them what any of those idiots say
Old 12-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Have you heard the way drivers talk? Why would you care what other people think anyway? These attacks were aimed at the 2 in the discussion. I think Rosie is a good candidate to put down. Look at her sexual orientation and raising a child. What kind of signal is that sending to the child anyway? And Donald, he is rich and fair game for most to put down because they have less than he does! If I were you I wouldn't take it to heart unless it hits to close to home for you! Doesn't bother me...lol
Old 12-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicxl
why would anybody let some idiot on tv who has money or is famous let it bother them what any of those idiots say
Saw your avitar, do you have a cabover now...lol
Old 12-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Board Icon

I think that it is somewhat an honor that people realize that truckers are free spirits who will say what they mean. You've heard the saying that someone "swears like a sailor!" right? Well... do you think sailors take umbrage at that? Somehow, I doubt it.

Personally.... I think "the Don's" remarks were childish and lame. He really can't say much about appearances! [Last combover on Earth, since Alan Greenspan died!] And his lashing out against her sexual perversion... I mean persuasion.... is a cheap shot that ONLY a stupid Conservative would make! Shows his (and their) true colors!

I was really amazed that he fell into this B.S. He KNEW that his "2nd chance" stance concerning Miss USA, was going to draw a little flak! HOW could he be so unprepared for it that he let Rosie get his goat??

If I was the host of the apprentice... and HE was vying for the job.... I'd have to FIRE him! His lack of ability to "continue" on the High Road, shows a lack of maturity and professionalism that I just COULDN'T allow for any employee of mine!

He went from being HERO to CHUMP in less than 2 hours! Rosie was just being Rosie! She's a COMEDIENNE!!! She lost nothing. HE lost ALL of what little respect I had for him.

As for men making fun of women's SIZE???? You're KIDDING, right???

And as for "uniting" to quash his rights to Free Speech??? I'll tell you what you can do..... you can move to Russia!! [yeah... they STILL stifle free speech there!]

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Rookie

Hello golfhobo
Wow ... did you write a wonderful perspective on this issue...I am totally there....although I am for free speech, I am all about awareness. Using a profession in an industry considered blue collar who are great contributors to the economy as an insult is offensive.

Thanks for your entry...it was helpful. I have spent most of my life in higher education and recently started trucking. We are all kinds of valuable folks with various talents....hate to see the stereotype being reinforced.

Thanks all for your responses.. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Board Icon

takmarriedteam wrote:

Quote:
Hello golfhobo
Wow ... did you write a wonderful perspective on this issue...
Who me?? :shock: I did WHAT?? :shock: Aw shucks! ops: ops:

Quote:
I am totally there....although I am for free speech, I am all about awareness.
I agree with you. Just because we have free speech, doesn't mean we are absolved of decency and responsibility. But, to use your word, one should be "aware" of his position in life, and not be so thin-skinned about what others say about us.

Quote:
Using a profession in an industry considered blue collar who are great contributors to the economy as an insult is offensive.
I was much more offended by his description of Rosie's love life, and how her partner would be troubled about kissing her. Now... I am not FOND of the gay lifestyle, but who is HE to talk? I doubt that those good looking women he's been married to (or seeing on the side) were REALLY pleased to have to kiss HIS mug! Rosie is not terribly attractive to ME, but someone might find her so.

What I found particularly "dirty," was the way he twisted the attack into an attack on her sexuality. He was making a point about gays. What the heck did THIS have to do with the squabble? Absolutely NOTHING!

His attempt to "put her down" was nothing less than DESPERATE!! He had nothing... so he attacked a part of her life that was NOT part of the discussion. She, on the other hand, had only pointed out that HE is no "model of propriety."

If he doesn't like the "combover" joke.... he should get a haircut and join the 21st Century!

Quote:
Thanks for your entry...it was helpful. I have spent most of my life in higher education and recently started trucking.
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps, with some tutoring, you could have graduated! :lol: :lol: Then... you could have avoided settling for trucking! :lol:

You KNOW I'm just kidding ya! :wink:

Quote:
We are all kinds of valuable folks with various talents....hate to see the stereotype being reinforced.
My dad taught me early in life that even digging ditches is honorable work! If I didn't know better (and I don't,) I MIGHT think that your sensibility to the situation might betray a little condescension on your OWN part! Just a thought.

Be careful about joining a segment of life that YOU have a problem accepting. You could easily become overly defensive. Not for US as a whole... but for yourself.

Just my 2 cents worth (that cost me thousands of dollars of higher education to get!) :lol:

Don't let the clothes and the language fool you. On this board alone, you will find MANY truckers with extremely high intelligence, education, and lifelong knowledge. And the rest of them are even smarter! :lol:

Quote:
Thanks all for your responses.. Happy Holidays!
Happy Holidays to YOU, too! And best of luck in your new career!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

This whole thing just keeps reminding me of Miss USA.
I see what I want to see, and hear what I want to hear. :?
Old 12-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I have a hard time caring about anything that Donald Trump or Rosie O'Donnell talk about. Both are a waste of breathable air.
Couldn't have said it better, T/F!! 8)