User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Oh snap, now I have a craven for some chili, sad part is, looks like the best I will be able to do is Wendy's chili for now :roll: Rosty, looks damn good
Old 09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Oh yea, looks good for sure!!!

If you ever give some away make sure to tell the people not to microwave it. Tell them to put it in a pot on the stove and bring it up to temp real real slow. I don't know what it is but the microwave makes it taste different and doing it on the stove brings all stuff back to a liquid again.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Wendy's isn't that bad either!!

Ok, one more hoers devours.

Take a rectangular piece of ham from the deli and lay it out. Put a stick of scallion onion on it then cream cheese. Roll it up then cut into little barrels.

And, this one will fake everyone out.

Take a can of spam and either make little shapes with a small cookie cutter or roll into little meatballs then fry it. Kids will go nuts over it and the grownups will die when they find out it's Spam.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSteve
I'm still waiting for you to prove I'm wrong by doing the example I said above.
How can I make this any clearer? What you said makes no sense whatsoever. I asked you to explain it, but you're simply beating around the bush. Now others are expressing the same confusion, because it simply does not make any sense. But since you are insisting on proof, I will show you how ridiculous a claim it really is:

Let's say you are running a trip I've done countless times: Harrisburg, PA to Lansing, MI. In that trip, you'll run 258 miles in PA, 245 miles in OH, 16 miles in IN, and 84 miles in MI. You'll owe $34.02 in IFTA tax for that one trip.

Now, you have 4 states you can fuel in. Since the entire trip is 603 miles, and you are getting 6 mpg, I will use a 100 gallon fill up, and I will base it off current pump price at Pilot in each state.

PENNSYLVANIA: The current pump price at Pilot in Carlisle, PA is $3.879, and of that, the fuel tax is $0.381, bringing the actual pump price down to $3.498. If you were to put the 100 gallons in there, you would overpay your fuel tax in PA by $21.72. You would overpay the fuel tax on the entire trip by $4.08.

OHIO: The current pump price at Pilot in North Lima, OH is $3.899, and of that, the fuel tax is $0.280, bringing the actual pump price down to $3.619. If you were to put the 100 gallons in there, you would overpay your fuel tax in OH by $16.57. You would UNDERPAY the fuel tax on the entire trip by $6.02.

INDIANA: The current pump price at Pilot in Fremont, IN is $3.999, and of that, the fuel tax is $0.270, bringing the actual pump price down to $3.729. Then, you have the hidden fuel tax in Indiana of $0.11, so your actual pump price is $3.839. If you were to put the 100 gallons in there, you would overpay your fuel tax in IN by $15.28. You would UNDERPAY the fuel tax on the entire trip by $18.02.

MICHIGAN: The current pump price at Pilot in Battle Creek, MI is $3.999, and of that, the fuel tax is $0.392, bringing the actual pump price down to $3.607. If you were to put the 100 gallons in there, you would overpay your fuel tax in MI by $33.71. You would OVERPAY the fuel tax on the entire trip by $5.18.

Therefore, the logical, business minded person would clearly see that fueling in Pennsylvania would be the cheapest place to fuel, because you have a lower pump price (minus the tax), and a higher fuel tax rate.

Now, I'll ask you once again. Pretty please, with fucking sugar on top, stop beating around the bush and explain why what state you fuel in matters less to someone with their own authority than someone operating under someone else's authority, because the calculations above are the same for an independent as they are for someone operating under someone else's authority.

:roll:
Old 09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Let's say you are running a trip I've done countless times: Harrisburg, PA to Lansing, MI. In that trip, you'll run 258 miles in PA, 245 miles in OH, 16 miles in IN, and 84 miles in MI. You'll owe $34.02 in IFTA tax for that one trip.
Better question is why are you running so far out of your way to get to Lansing and paying all the extra in tolls?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Better question is why are you running so far out of your way to get to Lansing and paying all the extra in tolls?
Because the runs I do are under time constraints, and it takes a lot longer to avoid the toll roads. I've run it both ways, and there's over an hour difference between the two.

And no, that is not the better question. It isn't even relevant to the discussion. I used a trip I've done many times before because I had the exact mileages in front of me, and I wanted one that put me through Indiana.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Because the runs I do are under time constraints, and it takes a lot longer to avoid the toll roads. I've run it both ways, and there's over an hour difference between the two.

And no, that is not the better question. It isn't even relevant to the discussion. I used a trip I've done many times before because I had the exact mileages in front of me, and I wanted one that put me through Indiana.
I call BS,there is now way it takes an hour longer to run 30 less miles on all Interstate type roads runing up US23 to I-96 to Lansing,and I have run that route a few more times than you so nice try.

And I know it wasn't relevant to your bickering back and forth with our super hero. :?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
I call BS,there is now way it takes an hour longer to run 30 less miles on all Interstate type roads runing up US23 to I-96 to Lansing,and I have run that route a few more times than you so nice try.
#1. It isn't directly in Lansing that I am going. It's Charlotte, MI, but I used the closest large city to make it easier. It also isn't Harrisburg that I am coming from, but rather York, but again, I used the closest large city.

#2. City to city based upon Delorme is 582.07 miles, and an estimate of 10:04 travel time using toll roads. City to city avoiding all toll roads is 603.27 miles, and an estimate of 11:24 travel time.

#3. The speed limit on interstate highways in OH is 55, and the speed limit on the toll road in OH is 65.

None of this matters to the point of the whole matter anyway. But thanks for getting stuck on the trivial details. :roll:
Old 09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

You actually need to download the IFTA worksheet and not quote pump tax figures. And if your stopping every 100 miles to fuel up your in worst shape then I thought. That's taking probably 3 gallons to make each one of those stops!!!

And Mike, the reason it takes Rev longer is because he's stopping to buy 100 gallons of fuel. :roll:
Old 09-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSteve
You actually need to download the IFTA worksheet and not quote pump tax figures. And if your stopping every 100 miles to fuel up your in worst shape then I thought. That's taking probably 3 gallons to make each one of those stops!!!
Where did I ever claim that I was stopping every 100 miles to fuel?
Closed Thread